Simmonds - So far off it

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacksons been great. Certain Richmond supporters hate him just because his disposal isn't great. He and Hislop have probably been our best and they're our worst kicks. Says alot.

For someone who is supposedly you best pplayer Lids has been ordiinary.

I dont understand the Jackson hate. Yes his disposal is lacking at times. But the guy busts his gut and outs his body on the line. If a few more talented Richmond on ballers gave the effort he does week in and week out, they would be dominating games as they should be.

Sorry to shoot you down but there one thing very critical to know about jackson he puts very little work into his opposite player , other when given a job to tag !!

Sorry to shoot you down but there one thing very critical to know about jackson he puts very little work into his opposite player , other when given a job to tag !!

Well wouldnt be any different to a lot of Richmond players then. Where at least he gets the ball and doesnt shirk the contest. Perhaps Hardwick should look at giving him dfensive jobs then.

another year of Lids bashing. Surprise me.

How bout we discuss Mcguane, Moore, Newman, Tambling, Edwards, Thomson, Simmonds, Connors or Farmer? All have been alot worse than Lids, Cotch and Jackson.

I'm not a serial Lids basher , in fact I often stated he should be our captain whilst many others disagree, so don't tar me with that brush. But he needs to do more and as PTF said, not just in the second half. Seriously when was the last time you saw him take the game on from the first quarter? And unlike PTF, I prefer him in the guts with rests in the forward line. I still regard as a pure mid.

The problem is that serial turnover merchants like Jackson get the the ball all the time and give it straight back to the opposition, if quality players Deledio got more involved this wouldn't happen. Jackson for all his endeavour is a hindrance not a help.

And all those other players you mentioned we should be discussing were crap as well tonight...including Tambling who I've defended through thick & thin. I also don't think Hislop is a bad as everyone makes out. A bit thick, but unlike King he does at least possess some football ability to compensate.

Like i said last year - That big lump O' shit has done whatever we got him for, now he should just f!ck off.

Like i said last year - That big lump O' shit has done whatever we got him for, now he should just f!ck off.
Simmonds is finished . You guys need to trade Post at years end for either Hampson or Jacobs . Either one would help yous immensely and Post would be good for the Carlton forward line . Both of these ruckmen are young and on the rise and would have been more than competitive against Warnock or Kruezer .

Simmonds is finished . You guys need to trade Post at years end for either Hampson or Jacobs . Either one would help yous immensely and Post would be good for the Carlton forward line . Both of these ruckmen are young and on the rise and would have been more than competitive against Warnock or Kruezer .

You wish.

some serious misguided and angry peeps in this post.

the Jackson hate is amazing. missed half the last qtr and was still our number 1 disposal getter. Perhaps hardwick can use him as a defensive option once another player stands up and decides to get 20 or more possessions.Am i the only one who noticed that only he Lids & connors got 20+ possessions?

Tambling attacking game tonight was terrible. He should be swapped with Edwards and played primarily down back. His defensive pressure was great and we need a bloke who is quick and got some skills down back . The talls had no support from the small backs imo and the backline looked dodgy at best. The backline struggled in general, but i think the lack of small backs really contributed a lot Moore, Thursty and McGuanes game.

Edwards down back does not work for me. Too slight, too unaccountable and lacks confidence in a one on one situation. Put edwards up forward and Tambling down back - obvious switch which will play to both players strengths IMO.

Positives - Connors played 4 qtrs and took 24 touches - had his errors but definitely his work rate was the best we have ever seen. Thomson also. His defensive work was great - got his hand on the pill and got a goal and should have got two.

Hislop had a fairly well balanced game and should signs that his discipline is on the up. I have not written him off yet and think he could be on the up

Rucks - terrible. not much in reserve there either and will be a shit fight all season unfortunately. No cohesion between Vicks and Simmo. Too many ruck contest went without either participating. Unforgivable

Like the look of the freshskins. Nason did some good work despite showing some nerves - Roberts showed he had good judgement and skills - will need to learn that he cannot just expect players to make errors though in the AFL ( compared to Euora ) - but seemed to me he knew the right positioning for a player of his type. Martin showed exactly what he is. Didn't appear to have a huge impact but still got 18 touches on debut - bloke will be a possession machine.

Nahas i am a little worried about. Was well held and didn't make the most of his opportunites. So many small forwards have shown great 1st years at this club then gotten comfortable. Probably jumping the gun but i expect more and his spot is far from guaranteed imo.

Riewoldt and Morton did was they always do. Limited opportunites with massive hot and cold patched on their output. Hard to be judge them properly as their chances are so limited.

Newman - step the **** up. Not good enough for a captain or a veteran in a young side. Missed a running goal that a bloke of his ilk should kick ( especially as he is a known long kick ) failed to get his hand on the ball enough and never laid a inspiring tackle. A "Nothing" game from our Captain.

Cousins - first time in his career - fitness seems it could be an issue. Hopefully just a side effect of his stomach complaint.

Cotchin - showed all the signs of his talent - and all the signs of his obvious body issues. Was dead on his feet in the last qtr - lacked speed - especially over the first 10m. But the skill is obvious and exciting.

Lids - Good moments followed by quiet moments. To me just doesn't seem to have that "Extreme Speed" all the time - only when he wants it. To we over-rate him and expect too much? Or is he truely under delivering on his full potential.

Ive said it once, l've said it twice, l've said it a thousand times.

If Simmonds is to be picked, the only place he can play is in the square and hopefully snag a few goals. Give someone something to hit.

As a midfielder, he's a liability. If Hardwick wants him in the side, he cant play him as a ruckman.

I'm ashamed to be connected with such a liability.

:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive said it once, l've said it twice, l've said it a thousand times.

If Simmonds is to be picked, the only place he can play is in the square and hopefully snag a few goals. Give someone something to hit.

As a midfielder, he's a liability. If Hardwick wants him in the side, he cant play him as a ruckman.

I'm ashamed to be connected with such a liability.

:eek:

Agree with Wally on this. Park him forward or drop. But I would prefer if they bit the bullet straight away and put game time into Graham/Browne.

As for the Jacko debate, I have been a Jacko fan until now, but if he can't get his kicking right I would suggest some time in the twos. Too many poor disposal errors at critical times from an experienced player in my view.

And as for Lids and Bling, I am begging Dimma for one thing. Would you please play our two potential superstar wingman in their correct position. Just once. You will be amaazed.

another year of Lids bashing. Surprise me.

How bout we discuss Mcguane, Moore, Newman, Tambling, Edwards, Thomson, Simmonds, Connors or Farmer? All have been alot worse than Lids, Cotch and Jackson.

finally someone whos talking some sense,jacko and lids where our best tonight,pull your heads in

Remove this Banner Ad

Simmonds - So far off it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back