Simon Black

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem West has is that he is a ball-winner in a bad team. No matter how many times he gets the ball his team-mates will let him down a possession or 2 later. Black on the other hand is a gun midfielder in a gun team. Nearly every possession he gets is damaging as his team-mates will ensure it doesn't get turned over further downfield. Having said that, I would rate Black ahead of West and most other midfielders. Not prepared to put him ahead of Buckley yet but if he continues like this for another 4-5 years (which he can do easily), then I would have no hesitation in rating him ahead. If you look at his record now, one can argue that he is already ahead but not for me just yet.

Dont forget another one of Black's qualities is his tagging ability. He also does a lot of the hard stuff like tackling, you know that stuff which is usually foreign to high possession midfielders. As for Black Vs Brown for captaincy. People get of the Brown band wagon, he is overrated because he runs head first into a pack. Good on him, my hero! Like to see him do it in 3 years time, and if he is he wont be playing in 5. As for Black there is no doubt he will take over from Voss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Black

Remove this Banner Ad

Back