Simon Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Has he been delisted yet?

I haven't heard of him in 2007 yet.

Why would you care ?.

It must really really hurt and get under your skin hey knowing that he has played 5 games of AFL in a top side.:p;):):D

And you know it:p

Oh you just luv him dont you:eek:

And thanks for showing your deep very deep concern

Now you just go on having fun now wont you:thumbsu:

Im sure he will

I'm baffled that he hasn't played more games this year. I know it's hard to slot him into the lineup, but his reserves form has been stellar. The fact that he's only played 1 game this year tells me two things....

1. Leadership group couldn't care less about reserves form because the standard is a joke.

2. He's just out of favour.

I'm baffled that he hasn't played more games this year. I know it's hard to slot him into the lineup, but his reserves form has been stellar. The fact that he's only played 1 game this year tells me two things....

1. Leadership group couldn't care less about reserves form because the standard is a joke.

match ups same as Moore when they played Geelong:D

match ups same as Moore when they played Geelong:D

Pfft.
Matchups matter little when talking about Philips because he's a FP.

Selection decisions based on matchups are when a team might be going too tall, or not tall enough. But what with Buchanen and Schneider being two senior players who play the same role as Flipper, who have been out of form and played reserves, he should have been brought in.

The sad thing is in his handful of games he has only really played one as a true crumber: against Richmond where he hit the post 3 times. The other games he has been asked to push up the ground as as midfielder which he certainly is too small to do.

The sad thing is in his handful of games he has only really played one as a true crumber: against Richmond where he hit the post 3 times. The other games he has been asked to push up the ground as as midfielder which he certainly is too small to do.

Totally agree Dinobot. Flipper still hasn't had a proper chance at using his weapons in the seniors. I just hope they give him that chance to shine as a forward crumber early next year.

I think for his height he's pretty strong. He's taken some great marks in the Canberra comp against full-grown men and can lay a good tackle. But because of his height I think he's pretty much limited to being a forward pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

<mod hat on>
I've just been through this thread and deleted about half of it because people thought the Swans board was a great place to start a slanging match. Not on folks.

Posts you find objectionable should ALWAYS be reported and NEVER responded to.

Yet not one post in this thread was reported. Instead people thought it a much more effective way of dealing with things to start name-calling. As a result, EVERYONE who joined in the slanging match has received an infraction.

I'm not happy
<mod hat off>

So who else got yellow carded?

I got a warning or something..

Anywho, back on topic. I'd love to know why Auskick was dropped after round 1. I know he didn't do much apart for in those last few minutes, but i really thought he deserved another chance. I was shocked when i found out he got dropped for the Richmond game. Poor Auskick!

After watching Stokes (Geelong) kick 3 1st QTR goals in the prelim final, im wondering is that what Simon Phillips is expected to become for us in near future.
Im impresed with his game thus far, and notice hes a short fella too, anyone know how much taller or shorter he is compared to Phillips..
If phillips can put on weight simmilar to stokes, i could see alot of simmilarities between them..
Small, quick, loves to kick goals..

After watching Stokes (Geelong) kick 3 1st QTR goals in the prelim final, im wondering is that what Simon Phillips is expected to become for us in near future.
Im impresed with his game thus far, and notice hes a short fella too, anyone know how much taller or shorter he is compared to Phillips..
If phillips can put on weight simmilar to stokes, i could see alot of simmilarities between them..
Small, quick, loves to kick goals..

Good comparison!
That's what Roos is expecting from him But he needs to beef up fast because he'll get bumped of the ball by these solid defenders.
Cheers!

A player of his stature will find it hard to make it at AFL level, unless he is a clear standout which in this case he isn't. He stands at 173 cm and is only 65kg. He was more of a project player last year and was elevated onto our senior list this year. Not sure if he will make it.

I got feeling he'll probably get delisted this year. The problem with Phillips is that he's actually more agile than quick and uses his very good position/sense to get to the loose ball and takes a snap at goal rather than being silky with the ball (as oppose to the Davey brothers).

The other shorter blokes that are doing well like Ebert, Rodan, Stokes etc. all have very strong bodies and tackles well. At his weight and strength (well from the west coast game this year anyway), I don't really see him being able to hold down his tackles...

He can probably become a 30+ goal kicker for us, but will offer very little elsewhere - and right now, we probably can't afford a player like that in our 22 at the moment.

I got feeling he'll probably get delisted this year. The problem with Phillips is that he's actually more agile than quick and uses his very good position/sense to get to the loose ball and takes a snap at goal rather than being silky with the ball (as oppose to the Davey brothers).

The other shorter blokes that are doing well like Ebert, Rodan, Stokes etc. all have very strong bodies and tackles well. At his weight and strength (well from the west coast game this year anyway), I don't really see him being able to hold down his tackles...

He can probably become a 30+ goal kicker for us, but will offer very little elsewhere - and right now, we probably can't afford a player like that in our 22 at the moment.

While I agree with everything you said, I just think delisting Phillips will not do him justice next year. He'll stay with the Swans next year and I'm hoping Roosy will drop smaller players who aren't in form (Buchanan lately), and slot Phillips in.

Phillips is currently (from what I heard) is focusing on building up his size. I'd like to keep him after watching a handful of reserves games this year. Its just a matter of pushing Phillips in the forwards, not in the midfield (he basically spent his time in the midfield against West Coast last year).

Despite floating rumours on the 'rumors mill' thread about him wanting to move back to Melbourne, he'll stay IMO. I think Brett Allison would be more than aware what an asset Phillips is, ignoring his size and all, he is a small crumbing forward and can marks very strongly. His marking in the 50 usually makes you forget how small he really is.

He was told he was going to be delisted due to behaviour shit, but my sister just got a message from him saying that he had a meeting and might be continuing football here.

I'm not sure what he was in trouble for, but I think it was being out at 6am when the ressies had a curfew coz of the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Back