Simon Wiggins

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind Wiggins - he's always hard at the ball and likes to tackle. Put him in the forward line so we can actually have a better chance maintaining possession and putting the pressure on their defenders. Sure, he doesn't have much skill but I think we will benefit from his grunt. A workman-like attitude is what we need, as it has been severely lacking.

Don't mind Wiggins - he's always hard at the ball and likes to tackle. Put him in the forward line so we can actually have a better chance maintaining possession and putting the pressure on their defenders. Sure, he doesn't have much skill but I think we will benefit from his grunt. A workman-like attitude is what we need, as it has been severely lacking.

we could do better in bringing in Armfield or Pfieffer for this role... Wiggins is finished along with Russell...

I'd like to see the latter two make me eat my words but I don't see them progressing any further than average footballers who got game time in an ordinary side...

How do they compare to Wiggins in terms of physical strength and courage?

Pfieffer I would say is a little more polished and at the end of the day yeah probably not a good direct comparison... give you that...

Armfield on the other hand compares perfectly... where he may give Wiggins a little head start in the phsycial strength section he equals or excels in courage but his second and third efforts are what we need in the fwd line along with some polished skills... wiggins out in the open is a disaster waiting to happen!

Nice guy, loves playing for Carlton and tries harder than almost everyone (blah blah) BUT Wiggins is totally useless and is not AFL standard.

IMO should be used in conjunction with Lappin and Teague at the Bullants.

Agree with Chelsworthgale, I would like to see Armfield come in soon to add some pressure and intensity to our forward line. Wiggo certainly tries hard and gives a great effort (more than can be said for others sometimes) but I just don't think he's good enough.

I see Wiggy at uni every day that I'm there....! :eek:

Nothing really to do with the thread and I don't know him but hey it's contribution :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG please no i'm sick of this guy. He does one relatively good thing in the reserves and gets pushed into seniors. We should be aiming to delist him. If guys like him and Bannister are still getting games, we have gone backwards:(

Wiggy may not have been blessed with the most athletic running build or silkiest skills but he's a handy tough guy.
I'd love to see him have another go soon with this new young bunch, he has the experience for this young developing side.

If you look at Wiggins and the way he can mark a fast kick he is as strong and as fast as Fev. He may not have the "class" of Fev but he would be much more reliable at FF and he has a very fast lead. He is aslo very defensive in the forward line and can tackle exremley hard to keep the ball in the attacking zone.
I think it's about time we put Fev at CHF and Wiggins at FF. IT may be a little short but we can counter that by having Cloke or Kruezer or one or two of the other tall guys around the forward line.Fev can kick a mile and it might have the added benifit of letting Fev know that his spot anywhere in the team is at risk.
Can somebody please explain to me IN DETAIL of how to Start a thread???
Wiggins Kicked 4 goals for the antz this week. Could he come into the team seeeing how incompetent our forward line is[/quote]

As long as blokes like Wiggins and Bannister are making our starting 22, we will never get off the bottom. Simply put, they are not up to AFL level - FACT. I like Wiggins, but he's just not good enough

As long as blokes like Wiggins and Bannister are making our starting 22, we will never get off the bottom. Simply put, they are not up to AFL level - FACT. I like Wiggins, but he's just not good enough

i think a lot of people are too quick to jump on the slagging wagon.
Bannister played some excellent games last year as a tagger, and Wiggins always puts in.
If some of the guys were giving half as much passion as these blokes we'd be off the bottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Wiggins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back