Discussion Sir Doug Nicholls Round 2024 (Rds 10 & 11): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone, welcome to the Sir Doug Nicholls Round thread. After the discussion and guernsey drops took place in the New Jumpers thread as it fairly standard, I have moved everything across to its own individual thread ahead of the next fortnight's games being played.

The following links are from the AFL website; it allows you to check out all the club names, guernseys, Sherrin design, and listen along to some tunes while you do so. Enjoy.

Oh wow, this throws a spanner in the works. Please tell me North are planning on bringing a blue one out, otherwise I see no reason for this. But if we’re announcing a white jumper after the first game, maybe there’s scope for GWS to do the same for their match this week. Maybe Richmond should’ve done the same too.

Oh wow, this throws a spanner in the works. Please tell me North are planning on bringing a blue one out, otherwise I see no reason for this. But if we’re announcing a white jumper after the first game, maybe there’s scope for GWS to do the same for their match this week. Maybe Richmond should’ve done the same too.
North's indigenous is a lot more blue than their normal home, so I think it will be OK ....ish... but not great.

North in white shorts / Port in full black would have been much better

Re GWS: I can't see any way their current jumper works. Adding white shorts would only be ok if they were a "big 4" vic team (ie, not actually ok)

North's indigenous is a lot more blue than their normal home, so I think it will be OK ....ish... but not great.

North in white shorts / Port in full black would have been much better

Re GWS: I can't see any way their current jumper works. Adding white shorts would only be ok if they were a "big 4" vic team (ie, not actually ok)
Eh, it's North being North. The AFL could've picked some better match ups for these two weeks.

Presenting our 2024 Sir Doug Nicholls Round clash guernsey!

Not only do we wear white shorts at home, we also now wear a clash jumper.

Hopeing a miss type and last weeks was the clash version.

rediculous if its not.

rediculous if its not.
Semantics on what it's called, does it really matter? The white is obviously more like Cats home jumper - and the Navy the clash.

But good on Geelong - a much mature approach than Roo's around jumpers / shorts

In GWS's defence, their SDN jumper didn't clash with Cats home jumper, which is maybe what they thought when they designed it

rediculous if its not.
From memory it was the same last year for you guys. I suppose given how rare it is for white home jumpers in the league, when the clubs design a light and dark Indigenous jumper, the dark one automatically gets labelled as the home because for 15 clubs in the league, that’s usually the case (Geelong, North and Hawthorn being the exceptions I think). Doesn’t matter too much in the end, I think it’s just because the blue one will be worn with your traditional home shorts colour.

After the past couple of rounds I’d really like to see Sydney use the inverse as third kit, maybe as a clash against non Vic teams so they can keep the V for those games. The QBE logo looks so much better on the white instead of the mega logo taking up space of the red.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Semantics on what it's called, does it really matter? The white is obviously more like Cats home jumper - and the Navy the clash.

But good on Geelong - a much mature approach than Roo's around jumpers / shorts

In GWS's defence, their SDN jumper didn't clash with Cats home jumper, which is maybe what they thought when they designed it
I agree

I think its more dissapointment with the club, the jumper being used tomorrw is not available at the Cats shop, and there was no mention of it until yesterday, I think we have been misslead that the one used last week is the jumper this year when we should have been given a choice on which one to purchase from day one, as I am sure people have bought the Navy version thinking they would be wearing it tomorrow.

just noticed the design on the front and back of the dogs jumper doesn't line up and now i can't unsee it
Just seen a photo on FB of it

Had to close the App before my OCD flew to Melbourne to smack the jumper designer across the back of the head

North v Port is a shocker. The AFL should never have signed off on Port wearing white
Blame the Roos obsession with no white shorts at home

But both teams could have worn coloured shorts with home jumpers, and it would still be better.

It's better than I was expecting. North's kit is actually pretty good. We should be predominantly dark strip though.

Blame the Roos obsession with no white shorts at home

But both teams could have worn coloured shorts with home jumpers, and it would still be better.
More obsessed with home shorts than a home ground it would seem. The matchup (and Ken Hinkley’s existence) is making me irrationally angry so I’ve chucked on the other game. Gold Coast’s jumper is a ripper but the yellow numbers on the yellow design is a bit jarring.

Not exactly tonights jumper but Richmond had all their indigenous jumpers on display in the social club. Some are PI as well.

20240525_174347.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back