Skycam

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant stand it. The only thing it is good for is taking shots at goal which arent covered by other angles. Otherwise, the normal footage ****s all over skycam. I cant stand it being used at bounces, you cant see which team a player plays for, let alone who the person is.

Its a lot of money for making the footage worse IMO.

it can cover as much ground all over the ground as I thought it could... It literally can cover teh centre square and thats it..

I thought it was able to go to the 4 corners of the stadium :eek:

Our game is just too quick for it. I think they've resigned to the fact that it is only good in a very limited capacity. Good to try these things i guess

Originally posted by Oh we're from..
Our game is just too quick for it. I think they've resigned to the fact that it is only good in a very limited capacity. Good to try these things i guess

Yep I agree. They thought it might add something to the game - but it didn't really. All they could do was try, I mean in hindsight, yeah it is a waste of a million bucks, but they had to try it.

Originally posted by lioness22
Yep I agree. They thought it might add something to the game - but it didn't really. All they could do was try, I mean in hindsight, yeah it is a waste of a million bucks, but they had to try it.

why would you pay a million dollars for skycam it is not like it was going to give nine better ratings to have made nine money.

Ruined the entire broadcast. Can't follow the ball, and you cant even distinguish between strips when its too far. I found it blury.
Sick of getting conned by Yanks.. Lose it!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Giuseepe
why would you pay a million dollars for skycam it is not like it was going to give nine better ratings to have made nine money.

Well personally, I wouldn't have done it! But like I said, I guess they felt like it was worth a try.

What would make more sense at this point in time would surely be to find a sport where Skycam might be suitable and palm it off to them for the remainder of the time and recoup some of their losses on it? :confused:

Originally posted by lioness22
Well personally, I wouldn't have done it! But like I said, I guess they felt like it was worth a try.

What would make more sense at this point in time would surely be to find a sport where Skycam might be suitable and palm it off to them for the remainder of the time and recoup some of their losses on it? :confused:
Ch 9 are also going to use it for the remaining ARL Origin games. U would think it would be excellent for Rugby as its basically a one way game and it should be able to get in reasonably close behind the ball carriers.

did anyone see the french open final last nite??? skycam was used to cover the match, and i thought it was good... the quality was much better and it really suited the game... the would have skycam over the player serving, and in the clay on the court would have a contrasting picture of the player at the other end... some of the best sports broadcasting i've seen...

Remove this Banner Ad

Skycam

Remove this Banner Ad

Back