Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Elder Scrolls 5?

I could go either way on this. Loved Morrowind, one of my favourite games, but hated Oblivion. I hope its more like the former.

I could go either way on this. Loved Morrowind, one of my favourite games, but hated Oblivion. I hope its more like the former.

I didn't mind Oblivion but Morrowind was much better. It just seemed to be a more interesting gameworld to explore.

Always looked at the Elder Scrolls and though hmm this looks good. But I have never bought any. I had Dragon Age for the 360 but I sort of lost interest which is weird because I was a huge Baldurs Gate fan. How does Obvilion compare? I like how its not a 'point and click' game so that helps my attention span.

Always looked at the Elder Scrolls and though hmm this looks good. But I have never bought any. I had Dragon Age for the 360 but I sort of lost interest which is weird because I was a huge Baldurs Gate fan. How does Obvilion compare? I like how its not a 'point and click' game so that helps my attention span.

IMO Oblivion>>>>>>>>>>DA.

It is a open world. You do what you want. You can pick up forks for crying out loud. You aren't forced to play in any way. The fighting is way less MMO like.

Oblivion was released in 06 so it is pretty past it's prime and it has some things that will really frustrate you.

But given it's price and the amount of time you will get out of it I would strongly suggest getting it. I got it early last year and really enjoyed it.

I assume you've seen reviews.

You can get Oblivion for like $25 these days.
IMO it is heaps better than Dragon Age. Like you, I also lost interest in it.
In Oblivion there is just shit loads of things to do. You can never run out. And if you get the game of the year edition then you get the shivering isles and knights of the nine expansion with it. So a ridiculous amount of things to do in that game.

You can get Oblivion for like $25 these days.
IMO it is heaps better than Dragon Age. Like you, I also lost interest in it.
In Oblivion there is just shit loads of things to do. You can never run out. And if you get the game of the year edition then you get the shivering isles and knights of the nine expansion with it. So a ridiculous amount of things to do in that game.
Plus if you get PC there are a ton of mods for it. I didn't get halfway through DA but I will probably pick it up again some day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man and i just started playing Oblivion. Can't believe the scope of these games. 25 hours in and i haven't even started the main quest. Don't think i'll go too overboard with Skyrim just around the corner. Might just finish the main quest and save my 200 hours playtime for November.

Man and i just started playing Oblivion. Can't believe the scope of these games. 25 hours in and i haven't even started the main quest. Don't think i'll go too overboard with Skyrim just around the corner. Might just finish the main quest and save my 200 hours playtime for November.

I put quite a few hours into that game. Still need to do the Dark Brotherhood guild sub-plot. Each guild plot is a pretty good story in itself.

Looks awesome. The Dragon fights should be alot of fun. Bring on 11.11.11.

I spent well over 100+ hours on Oblivion. One of the best games of all time. I can not wait for this epic game.

My fav game.

Absolutely awesome.

Like WOW with better atmosphere and graphics and no monthly fees.
Oh,the music is fantabulous too.

Hope the next one is good.

I'm sure it will be.

Probably the only game I will buy this year.

A bit over FPS and sports games lol.

Getting too old.

Oblivion is so relaxing and chills me out.

It looks like a massive improvement over Oblivion, and much better than I figured it would. What I love most is the injection of some genuine Morrowind style artistry to the environments instead of the drab random generated feel that was everywhere in its predecessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back