Toast Slammin' Sammy Kerridge

Remove this Banner Ad

What a breakout from the great man. Has just been threatening to do something special in the last month and it looked like all he needed to do was realise he could do it.

Everytime I watch him on the ground, he reminds me of Kane Johnson - similar movers, and he breaks the lines in a very similar way to how Johnno did. Now he's finally getting his chance, he's looking like he's going to be another player the opposition has to go with, lightening the load for Danger and Thommo.

Him, Danger, Thommo, Sloaney, Crouch and Douglas are going to be a beautiful bunch to watch for a while to come.

Looks like Matty Rendell left us another present we should be grateful for. :thumbsu:

Nothing special, average skills, will only ever be an okay player...

I'm not afraid to say that I was one who didn't see anything special in him early on, never suggested he wouldn't make it, only that he didn't seem to have any particular attribute that could help him find a role within the team. Have to say I've been pleasantly surprised with his natural attacking instincts so far.:thumbsu:

Nothing special, average skills, will only ever be an okay player...
:p Where did i hear that recently from a poster about Kerridge ....and he refuted my comparison about Kane Johnston

Alan Scott I was wrong.

Much better footskills than I gave him credit for. Really smart and powerful runner. Suits our high half forward role beautifully at present. Great overhead as well.

Will be a very good player for us.
amazing how just one game changes opinions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

average player, vanilla no outstanding skills...... If this is the furture 'average' crows player we have a very birght future.

Kid is a gun.

He's not an especially flashy player but has a massive, massive tank and is a very natural footballer. He is quite outstanding over head and kicks very well. Liked seeing him released into the midfielder. Petrenko IN was a masterstroke.

Jobe Watson isn't anything special, neither is Luke Hodge or Jimmy Bartel - just brilliant footballers who know where to run, know how to use the footy, and love the pressure that others can't hack.

Not saying he's in that group, or even will be - but you don't need Danger's pace or NicNat's vertical leap to be a star, if you've a well rounded player who runs all day and knows where to run to, then makes good decisions under pressure, then you've got a bright future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Slammin' Sammy Kerridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back