Sleepers Awake !

Remove this Banner Ad

Bernie

Senior List
Mar 22, 2000
Melbourne,VIC,AUST
The coded messages have been sent. It's time to awaken the Barassi Boys ( ever seen the Boys From Brazil ? ).

All those innocent middle class little boys who were taken as toddlers and given the Melbourne 31 jumper 40 years ago, thereby implanting the instructions that now can be activated !

The signs are easy to spot - complete disinterest in football, a knowledge of skiiing conditions, 4 wheel drive ownership, private school attendance - all in all a perfect cover.

Now they will be unleased and will suddenly ,inexplicably crave football, start wearing a houndstooth sports coat, abuse all other supporters and act as complete prats for the next week. Many families will need extensive counseling during this time to cope with this extreme mood change.

You will know them by their sign - that tiny red and navy blue sticker on the back of the Range Rover - and by their cry - Go Dees.

Hopefully this should pass quickly and by next week, they will have returned to their normal passive selves.

You have been warned !

Bernie
Don't start picking on the Dees supporters because they have something to look forward to. I'm a Bomber but I am glad that the Dees have made it to the GF for Neale Danihers sake. He hasn't had much luck in footy up to now & I wish him & the Dees well, not to well of course.
Go Bombers.

------------------
Mantis

Sandy,

Ever been to the MCG members ? Don't start patronising those guys " I'm so glad that they have something to look forward to " - they don't take too kindly to that. They are the Masters of the Universe and their allegiances were formed in the sectarian culture of the 50's. Normally they spend their time dividing up the world and have little interest in football.

Come to Melbourne and observe their antics.

Berny
I'm from Melb, only been in Perth for 11 years, plus I go to Melb once a year to watch the Bombers. You are generalizing about their supporters, as with all clubs there are good & bad, so give the genuine Dees supporters a break, they deserve it.

------------------
Mantis

Bernie,

Are you suggesting the MFC is a haven for WASPs?

It has been a very long time since I've seen the EFC embracing their original roots mate.
That whole area has been infested by those you just sniped.

A few more years & they may take over your club!

Sunday,

Fancy resorting to stereotyping ! Like - all Blues fans are arrogant and get what they deserve ! A plea for the 'genuine' fan !

The ONE person who should be thanked for Melbourne's success is DON SCOTT. Why ? Remember ( in those heady roll-over-and-take-it days of Kennett ) when the Melbourne fans voted to basically finish their club, with the assumption that Melboune could NEVER actually disappear and that EVENTUALLY that Hawk thing would be consumed in yet another advantageous corporate merger ??

Don got up on the stage and literally tore all that to shreads - oh dear ! that wasn't in the plan - and ushered a new regime into Melbourne who as still with us.

I saw the Hawk passion ..... err, so where were the Demons 'genuine' fans ? No rattling of tins there.

Bundy.

I hope the (near) 5000 Demons fans who voted NO are all able to get into the GF

That would be Justice

Go Dees (sorry dermott)

Ah .. at last a post from our shadowy Brethren at the Temple. How's the goat ?

Please don't accuse the MCC members of being WASPS ! Good Grief - you're talking "old money" here , not some middle class bunch from Moonee Ponds. This is class war !

Anyway, keep your trowel in your apron and keep shakin' ( funny handshakes that is ).

Quite true that the Dees like Essendon have always ridden the goat, and the latter didn't have a Catholic play for them till the mid fifties.
There's something a little disturbing about a man locked in a room with a goat and a trowell dressed in an apron.

I'm tipping when the pseudo middle class from the poxy northern suburbs(strathmore, the bogans Camberwell) meet the old school from Deetown, even the silly handshakes and raised pants legs will not get them into the Big end of town.

One things for sure, there will be wall to wall onkaparinga rugs and tartan thermoses in the smokers stand,and the mystery sound you will hear post game, is the sound of thousands of small stickers being removed from number plates prior to the annual exodus to Portsea.

Very accurate posts in this one. It was only 4 years ago that Demon fans voted their own club out of existance. Now their all heading down from the ski resorts to jump on the finals bandwagon.
Oh well, Buller & Falls will be full again next week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sleepers Awake !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back