Slight Possibility

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring Back Jezza

Debutant
Jun 21, 2010
Yucca Valley
AFL Club
Carlton
That the last game of the season woill determine who finishes 5th or 6th between the 2 teams that are currently in that position.
We ( 6th ) play Fremantle ( 5th ) & this would also determine we we play in the 1st week of the finals.
A few other games outside of our own control would have to fall our way but as I said there is a " slight possibilty " , lets hope we can keep up the good form shown in last 2 weeks :thumbsu:

BBJ

If Melbourne beat Hawthorn they really help their chances as Hawthorn are only % would keep them out of the 8 and give North a chance to slip into it if they can beat St Kilda somehow.

I was hoping Freo would beat Sydney.

That would of left us 1 game clear of Sydney & percentage, and therefore most likely a home final against Sydney.

We probably now need to beat Freo to finish 5th or 6th.

Lose next 2 & could be playing Sydney at that putrid SCG.

Just did my ladder predictor and that rd 22 game against Freo is massive, we win and we play the Hawks at the 'g', we lose and we play the dockers back at Subi....if Freo were to beat the Hawks next week then it will change things a bit but Freo are tapering off and will struggle to win in Tassy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just did my ladder predictor and that rd 22 game against Freo is massive, we win and we play the Hawks at the 'g', we lose and we play the dockers back at Subi....if Freo were to beat the Hawks next week then it will change things a bit but Freo are tapering off and will struggle to win in Tassy
Says your ladder predictor.

I just did mine & guess what ............

We win the GF against the Saints :p

Ideally I'd love for the Swans to finish 5th and for us to finish 6th with Freo slipping to 7th. Swans to beat Dogs and Brisbane, Us to lose to Geelong but beat Freo, and Freo to lose to Hawks and Us.

This would leave us to play Freo in Melbourne and the form they're in at the moment and injuries and their shocking travelling form has returned would make it our best first final. Also would even up the travelling we would of had to have to play them round 22... the travelling favour would be returned with them travelling then to play us. Also the psychological advantage we'd have playing them as we'd have beaten them the week before on their home turf.

OR... Hawks to get bundled out with Melbourne replacing them and us making it to 5th. Playing a young Melbourne would also be good too!

The way I see it there are only two likely options -

We finish 5th and face the 8th placed Hawks in Melbourne, or,

We finish 8th and face the 5th placed Dockers in the west.

Winning form is the best form, but scenario two wouldn't be the worst outcome on the Dockers current form.

Ideally I'd love for the Swans to finish 5th and for us to finish 6th with Freo slipping to 7th. Swans to beat Dogs and Brisbane, Us to lose to Geelong but beat Freo, and Freo to lose to Hawks and Us.

This would leave us to play Freo in Melbourne and the form they're in at the moment and injuries and their shocking travelling form has returned would make it our best first final. Also would even up the travelling we would of had to have to play them round 22... the travelling favour would be returned with them travelling then to play us. Also the psychological advantage we'd have playing them as we'd have beaten them the week before on their home turf.

OR... Hawks to get bundled out with Melbourne replacing them and us making it to 5th. Playing a young Melbourne would also be good too!

Agree, we need Sydney to win both or lose both & us to beat Freo.

Also Hawks to beat Freo & lose to pies.

Round 21

Geelong beat Carlton
Hawthorn beat Fremantle
Bulldogs beat Sydney - stung into action hopefully

Round 22

Carlton beat Fremantle - Sydney did it at Subi and we play the ground well.
Sydney beat Brisbane
Hawthorn beat Collingwood (Pies have already secured minor premiership, not quite the same desperation factor as Hawthorn who want a home final

= Hawthorn 5th, Carlton 6th, Fremantle 7th and Sydney 8th

We have to not get flogged by Geelong or at least keep the loss to a similar margin as Freos loss to the Hawks.

Much rather play the Dockers again in Melbourne. Only lost to them by a kick and a half while playing terribly all night.

Agree, we need Sydney to win both or lose both & us to beat Freo.

Also Hawks to beat Freo & lose to pies.

That would be even better as the dangerous Hawks would have to go to Sydney to play a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Slight Possibility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back