Smokeys

Remove this Banner Ad

i'll say quinton as well. i'm guessing that as the draft becomes more of a lottery towards the end big fellas like him are going to be popular.and he's a helluvanice guy so i hope he gets picked up for his sake.

I think Tom Frawley is James' cousin. Tom's dad is Tony Frawley that used to be the boss of the Roosters and Rebels at North Ballarat and now runs AFL NT. His brother Mick is James' dad.

I'd thought I'd ignite a bit of debate and make a list of smokeys for this years draft.

To qualify as a smokey, you can't have attended the Draft Camp, that's why De Boer is listed.

Some of the guys are VFL players, but most have been pulled from the State Screenings lists.

Jesse Aish
Rohan Bail
Tim Bongetti
Jared Boumann
James Bristow
Daniel Brittain
Billy Burstin
Jethro Calma-Holt
Nick Cattapan
Nick Carnell
Casey Carr
Luke Casey-Leigh
Kyle Cheney
Glenn Chivers
Matt Clarke
Matthew Davis
Matthew De Boer
Matthew Deledio
Trent Dennis-Lane
Shaun Dixon
Jayden Donaldson
Travis Dulic
David Ellard
Mitch Enright
Sam Fairclough
Grant Ford
Tristian Francis
Tom Frawley
Joe Gazzo
Brad Gilder
Matthew Hebbard
Andrew Hogan
Andrew Horne
Lewis Jetta
Cameron Josiah
Aaron Kite
Wes Lammie
Chris Lynch
Rhys Magin
Stefan Martin
Travis Matheson
John McDonald
Zane Murphy
Alistair Neville
Daniel Noy
Krys Nye
Trevor Oliver
Reece Phoenix
Luke Potts
Dean Putt
Matthew Quinton
Andrew Renton
Rhyce Prismall
Sam Robertson
Michael Rockefeller
Thomas Rockliff
Shane Rogerson
Peter Rolfe
Daniel Sanfilippo
Andrew Scott
John Shaw
Rory Sloane
Phil Smith
Jake Spiteri
Luke Stanton
Darin Stewart
Jack Steven
Cameron Stokes
Jarryd Sylvester
Scott Thompson
Toby Thoolan
Adrian Totino
Robert Touhey
Shane Valenti
Dale Walker
Matthew Westhoff
Callum Wilson
Austin Wonaemirri
Easton Wood
Matthew Wright
James Wundke
Trent Zomer
Dayne Zorko

Feel free to suggest more names.

Thanks every bloke that ever strapped his boots on in 2007. Couldn't you narrow it down to 5-10 REALISTIC chances? WTF does this list add!

Thanks every bloke that ever strapped his boots on in 2007. Couldn't you narrow it down to 5-10 REALISTIC chances? WTF does this list add!

In reality, all those guys are realistic chances.

Clubs spread their wings very wide in their search for talent, it's impossible to narrow it down. I'll assure you that there will be guys that get rookie drafted or taken late in the draft that aren't on that list.

However, for your benefit, I'll list the guys that I think are pick of the crop.

Jared Boumann
Glenn Chivers
Matthew Davis
Matthew De Boer
Trent Dennis-Lane
Travis Dulic
David Ellard
Sam Fairclough
Grant Ford
Brad Gilder
Stefan Martin
Zane Murphy
Alistair Neville
Daniel Noy
Dean Putt
Andrew Renton
Rhyce Prismall

John Shaw
Rory Sloane
Phil Smith
Luke Stanton
Scott Thompson
Matthew Westhoff
James Wundke
Dayne Zorko

The top 5-10 is a lottery, but the guys I rate top 10 are embolded.

I have heard that there is some intrest from a few clubs in Tim Mohr. He was in last years draft. He has had a good year with Launceston and dominated the NTFL v's under 23 amateures, has good pace and skill and is 196cm. Can anyone cofirm this??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe that Casey Carr, Mitch Enright or Tom Frawley are related in any way to the famous names that share that they surname with.

Matthew Deledio, Rhyce Prismall and Matthew Westhoff are each borthers of Brett, Brent and Justin respectively.

I can't confirm these, but I believe Lewis Jetta is a distant relation to Leroy, Luke Stanton is the cousin of Nick Dal Santo and Cameron Stokes is a distant relation to Matthew Stokes.
also 2nd cousin of Brent Stanton

another nt player is peter rolfe. from wat ive seen of him in the sanfl hes quick and has skills. also i dont think n e one in the nationals kicked more goals than him... 11 (3,4,4). why isnt he on the radar?

still dont understand why joel ohalloran from subiaco is not considered the best goal kicker in colts and reserves for the last two years won a lot of awards etc i am a bit perplexed?

What about Adam Cockie? Wins colts F&B and not mentioned anywhere either? Only saw him play 1 game so can't really comment on him.

Either way, the Eagles and Dockers should have a heap of local talent to rookie list, it would seem.

very true about cockie interesting how some names just continue to grow and others who seem to achieve by the way of awards etc seem to just hover around the place interesting but im still perplexed

Dean Christie from North Adelaide could be one. I'm not sure if he went to the draft camp(I don't think he did) but Geelong have approached him and shown interest in drafting him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Smokeys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back