So... a guy got beheaded in front of my office today

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Literally 50 meters up the road from where I work. Was outside having a smoke when it all went down.

Poor bastard was ran over, decapitated, and then dragged in the middle of the road by these two blokes.

Two blokes who then waited 20 minutes for the police to arrive asking us all to take pictures and film them. When the police did get there, the cops promptly shot both of them.

Two PC's waiting near the scene couldnt do anything as the perps had knives (one had the biggest cleaver I have ever seen) and one had a handgun (for some bizzare reason British police arent armed). They had to call in the armed response unit to deal with it. By which time the poor bastard they targetted was cactus.

Looks like a religiously/ politically motivated 'terror' attack. The killers appear to have targetted a soldier from the local barracks, and were chanting while cutting this poor guys head off. Dragged him into the middle of the road and then calmly waited 20 minutes for the police to arrive, before charging a squad of heavily armed coppers.

Odd day.

Cameron has called a COBRA meeting about it. Anti terror type stuff. Intresting.

That poor bastard. Pity the cops didnt fire more rounds.

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/t...acks-in-woolwich/story-fndir2ev-1226648801254

Photo from the article:

793790-woolwich-shooting.jpg

Bloke on the road is the victim. Two blokes lying in the background the perps. This was about 30 seconds to 1 minute after they'd been shot. They had just charged from where the victim is, down the road towards the cops to where they got nailed. The cops came in from around that corner near the grass.

It was a banzai charge.

The two blokes in the yellow jackets were council workers or something who raced over to check on the victim after the perps got nailed. You cant see it in the photo, but to the left of the victim (on the footpath) there is a smashed up car that they reportedly ran him over with first (didnt see this).

Crazy day.

Unbelievable. It will end up civil war over there .

Crazy shit.

Both lads sounded British born. They just murdered this dude, and then waited around (talking to people) like nothing had happened, until the cops rocked up and shot them.

Im still in a bit of shock, and Ive seen this kinda shit before.

Definitaly a terror attack. As in 'politically motivated murder' definition of terror attack.

One of the alleged killers:

article-2329214-19F0E751000005DC-266_634x356.jpg

This dude was just talking to people on the street for 20 minutes after butchering this dude at 2pm in broad daylight in downtown Woolwich, London.

Nuts.

Don't know what else to say other than this is completely f@#*^d.

And we, as a species, have the nerve to think that we are highly evolved.

Cowardly and brazen politically motivated terrorist attack.
Hopefully the perpetrators survive so we can gain intelligence about any other terrorist sleepers.

The murderer had a point when he said "I'm sorry women had to see this, but our women in our lands have to see this every day. Remove your government, they don't care about you".

Anglo troops target young men suspected of being military, these guys have done the same. At least they didn't destroy the entire block in order to kill one militant (or in many cases, zero).

Shocked but not surprised, of course the only shocking thing is that it happened in England.

As a middle of the day event, yeah its a bit weird.

This is one reason I'm glad Australia puts more resources into settling refugees than other first world countries (yes, we take less refugees than most others, but I'd rather take less and have them integrate well, than take too many and have to cut services and create an underclass).

England are up the shitter with this whole generation. They slashed services, employment isn't going to happen any time soon, so adidas riots and extreme belief systems are going to be the norm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Saddam Hussein and the Taliban cared about their citizens?

I didn't say middle eastern governments were great either (or the Taliban), but those governments are the ones we've installed and allowed to mistreat their people for oil.

And yes, every day in the gulf this kind of incident is common.

Could not really notice much blood around the victim in the video.

They dragged him to the road, so he'd likely have lost a lot of blood already on the grassy area.

Jeez I feel for the guys family. Imagine that, solder returns home from war, get's beheaded in the middle of the day whilst jogging.

No worse/better than any Pakistani, Pashto, Persian, Arab, Yemeni who gets their wedding day ruined by a drone strike of course, but its just horrible.

They dragged him to the road, so he'd likely have lost a lot of blood already on the grassy area.

Jeez I feel for the guys family. Imagine that, solder returns home from war, get's beheaded in the middle of the day whilst jogging.

No worse/better than any Pakistani, Pashto, Persian, Arab, Yemeni who gets their wedding day ruined by a drone strike of course, but its just horrible.
Explains it better. I am guessing more of this was caught on camera than is going to be shown by mainstream news websites.

As a middle of the day event, yeah its a bit weird.

This is one reason I'm glad Australia puts more resources into settling refugees than other first world countries (yes, we take less refugees than most others, but I'd rather take less and have them integrate well, than take too many and have to cut services and create an underclass).

England are up the shitter with this whole generation. They slashed services, employment isn't going to happen any time soon, so adidas riots and extreme belief systems are going to be the norm.

Having worked In Countries where this shit happens on an irregular basis whenever conflicts arise I find it hard to support that view.

IMO simply put certain countries (most notable west African countries) have a cultural attachment to violence (particular racial and religious violence), that is often passed on through generations.

I see no reason for these norm's to fade out just because some if these groups choose to continue their lives in another country. given the multitude of other cultural norm's that most immigrants have imported have stayed intact for up wards 50 odd years since they're relocation.

Could not really notice much blood around the victim in the video.
I am guessing that he was probably already dead by the time they dragged him onto the road and tried to chop his head off. That would explain the lack of blood as dead men don't bleed....much anyway.

Pretty shocking stuff really. Normally they would have done the deed and scarpered and created city wide panic as they were hunted down. But they wanted to be caught for some reason. It kind of looks like they wanted to go down in a hail of bullets, but that didn't happen. Hopefully this is a random, isolated incident and not the start of a campaign.

Having worked In Countries where this shit happens on an irregular basis whenever conflicts arise I find it hard to support that view.

IMO simply put certain countries (most notable west African countries) have a cultural attachment to violence (particular racial and religious violence), that is often passed on through generations.

I see no reason for these norm's to fade out, given the multitude of other cultural norm's that most immigrants have imported have stayed intact for up wards 50 odd years since they're relocation.

The most violent area of the world statistically speaking, has always been Europe. Likewise, the Catholic church was/is by far the most violent of the major religions. Islam is second. The two are so similar in nature that trying to blame either Christianity or Islam completely misses the point:

The UK, France and USA are really bad at settling refugees and at providing services and employment prospects to their youth. Australia spends far more per refugee than these countries, and as a result we are better at integrating them. Plus there's a good chance they'll be able to find employment.

Islamic defence, and the "War on Terror" is the stated reason for the attack, but its all about economics. Get a large enough group of unemployed and disaffected youth, and violence will follow.

West Africa is a mess no doubt, primarily due to European and Chinese influence though. Even historically, when the USA started repatriating former slaves to West Africa, they didn't implement anywhere near enough controls/systems for effective governance.

I am guessing that he was probably already dead by the time they dragged him onto the road and tried to chop his head off. That would explain the lack of blood as dead men don't bleed....much anyway.

Pretty shocking stuff really. Normally they would have done the deed and scarpered and created city wide panic as they were hunted down. But they wanted to be caught for some reason. It kind of looks like they wanted to go down in a hail of bullets, but that didn't happen. Hopefully this is a random, isolated incident and not the start of a campaign.

One of the witnesses says the two guys appeared to be pretty high at the time. Would help explain why they were so lucid talking with the cameras, and seemingly quite calm about it.

Not sure I agree with David Cameron's labelling of this as a terror attack though. Politically motivated murder seems more accurate.

Remove this Banner Ad

So... a guy got beheaded in front of my office today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back