So we ****ed up... get over it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacksy

Debutant
Sep 10, 2007
North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good to see the knives out acting like Richmond supporters. Makes me so proud.

Well done.

Yep, that was shithouse, but all year we've bounced back hard from losses like that. Take a deep breath, poor a nice warm cup of bonnox and lighten the **** up!

We'll win next week! And we'll go all the way to the GF.

Negativity is like a virus.

I thought only outsiders underestimated out club... hmmm... did i hear someone sing 'yellow and black'?

No knives from me, just gutted, speechless, I really thought I'd be laying the boots in right now but I haven't got the heart.

Good to see the knives out acting like Richmond supporters. Makes me so proud.

Well done.

Yep, that was shithouse, but all year we've bounced back hard from losses like that. Take a deep breath, poor a nice warm cup of bonnox and lighten the **** up!

We'll win next week! And we'll go all the way to the GF.

Negativity is like a virus.

I thought only outsiders underestimated out club... hmmm... did i hear someone sing 'yellow and black'?
I refuse to believe you were at the ground.

Were you there?

Embarrassment and Disappointment are more the words im using...no knives here.

But after attending that debacle, i reserve the right to be angry and pissed off until tomorrow night when we learn our opponents for the MIGHTY 2008 FINALS SERIES.

Some supporters get very angry after a loss like today and rip right into everything about the team . They may be talking crazy shittt now but i bet all who bag our team tonight and this week will be over the loss today in time for the finals next week . Some people vent their anger in different ways , all i can say to Roos supporters is let's worry about next week now and forget about today :thumbsu:

It was a disgrace, yes, but we're not finished yet.

I just think a positive attitude beats a negative one.

We dont get flogged by the Cats next week now. COz if that's what we had to show then the last time they smashed us would be bettered.

Take a deep breath, mate. We live to fight another day!

Geez Jacksy normally I would be right there with you - I loathe negativity - but today was beyond the pale. And actually I'm not OK about just excusing that and moving on. I'm not planning on launching into an individual character assassination of every player but honestly that was total and utter pants today and I cannot pretend it didn't happen.

And I do not think this makes me a Richmond supporter - it makes me an angry, betrayed, passionate North supporter.

Negativity is like a virus as proved by the way the players went about it today after we lost the lead in the 2nd quarter. Hope u right with us winning next week and the GF, but we let a golden oppurtunity slip today as we have a few times in recent yrs in crunch time.

Playing badly? Yeah ok. Losing even? Pretty horrible, but it happens.

Getting beaten by 78 points by a side who has been shit all year and who is actually better off losing? Bullshit. They should be ashamed of themselves, and that is not a throw away line. I was embarrassed for them.

This side capitulates when it's down. It's cancerous and makes a mockery of any suggestion that the side plays with any special spirit or toughness.

Geez Jacksy normally I would be right there with you - I loathe negativity - but today was beyond the pale. And actually I'm not OK about just excusing that and moving on. I'm not planning on launching into an individual character assassination of every player but honestly that was total and utter pants today and I cannot pretend it didn't happen.

And I do not think this makes me a Richmond supporter - it makes me an angry, betrayed, passionate North supporter.

This is the first time i have truly seen KL right off her clacker. Shows how bad this ****en performance was.

'This side capitulates when it's down. It's cancerous and makes a mockery of any suggestion that the side plays with any special spirit or toughness' quote.:eek: unfortunately its a trait with this current side in important games , can we cut it out somehow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to get over the fact that supporters are pissed about that effort, they embarrassed the club with that effort and let down a 300 game player playing in his last year and instead of a double chance we are likely heading off to Sydney in a knock out game with OUR away record I am not confident.

To go into the finals dishing up that shit is just not acceptable. Supporters have every right to be pissed and fume on a public forum.

Yeah the sun will come up tomorrow and I'm sure we'll bounce back next week against the Swans / Pies.

Every side has a shocker somewhere along the journey as Geelong found out against Collingwood.

Pity ours come in rd 22 and puts us on the 'wrong' side of the draw and will come against Geelong in the Prelim rather than the GF.

Still if you asked me a month ago if I'd be happy with a final's berth I would have taken it.

Buddy will keep us out of the news tomorrow but get ready for Mike Sheahan to bring up the 2 losses from last year's finals series and how we are no good in his hard hitting column on Monday.

WE ARE GONE.

Hamish ****ed up our system

Oh FFS. This was not about Hamish. It really wasn't. It was not about team selection. Here are the players who I think played their worst (or close to worst) games for the NMFC today: Firrito, Jones, Harris, Power, Watt, Simpson, Rawlings, Urquhart. I'll add in Petrie (plenty of possession but shocking disposal), Harvey (no brownlow votes today), Gibson, Edwards and McIntosh, who weren't at their worst but were a long way of being useful.

This is not about having a go at any one player - it's about saying that when you get smashed in the midfield - regardless of who's in the ruck - smashed down back, and smashed up forward - well, it's not about one player or one decision.

I do think people are under estimating the importance of todays match top 4 spot winner of that Final straight to a Preliminary Final. As hard is it is to think we could have beaten Geelong its definatey worth the risk doing it. Instead now,more than likely, we play an interstate knockout Final, where teams always find it tough , it puts our season on a knife edge.

It was a disgrace, yes, but we're not finished yet.

I just think a positive attitude beats a negative one.

We dont get flogged by the Cats next week now. COz if that's what we had to show then the last time they smashed us would be bettered.

Take a deep breath, mate. We live to fight another day!

I'm wondering whether even using the word 'disgrace' accurately describes how truly bad that performance was. I'm actually not as angry as I thought I 'd be, having gone to the game in person, but I think at this early stage that it's pretty damn painful for a lot of people round here to deal with atm. Everyone'll come around, perhaps tomorrow night when finals games get announced, but it'll take a bit of time. Not everyone's as overtly optimistic as you are :D

kitty

I refuse to believe you were at the ground.

Were you there?

I doubt he or she was there. I was & can't state how bad i actually feel right now. I know we have finals to think about next week but thats going to be on the back burner for me anyway at least for the next few days.

It wasn't one person that cost us, it was a team effort. Well no effort.

need to get daniel kerr and Browny

2nd rounder + Corey Jones + Daniel Harris

for brown

1st rounder + Hamish + Swallow + 5th rounder

I know we'll do well... my old man is the barometer. For as long as i can remember the opposite of what he predicts happens.

examples:
He can't miss this... out on the full...

He'll miss this... 65m goal gets kicked..

We can't win... we smash them...

It's incredible. The bloke is a freak. Happens all the time!

Tonight he had the axe out, wrote us off for the next decade. Hell, we could win three in a row on the back of his pessimism!

OK, so i'm being flippant and the red wine has eased the pain of a ****ing terrible loss, but one thing about this club I love is the us against the rest mentality.

Don't give up yet. We were rooted mid season and have done well to get this far. So we blew a good chance, maybe it was the path to the GF we needed.

We're better than this, Northerners. You know it!

Remove this Banner Ad

So we ****ed up... get over it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back