So where do you actually think we will finish?

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite a compromised draft, it's a great chance to finish low and get a decent pick. After our start to the year, if we finish just out of the 8 and end up with Pick 15 it will be a waste.

I see your point but I think there are a few quickly fading teams that will finish below us and perhaps our best chance of improving the list for next season will be at the trading table.

To top off this great year we will probably just miss the final 8. :p

But if by the last round it relies on beating the Saints at home with the emotion of Goodwin and possibly Macca's farewell game, we will be a big chance.

And then any win after that will be a bonus.

Pretty much the way I see it. If we can bite and scratch our way into the situation where that last game can get us into the finals, we'll find a way to win. Beyond that 10th is probably our go.

Don't care where we finish as long as we finish off the season strongly. Looked what happened in 2005 after the strong finish to 2004.

Will be annoyed beyond belief if we finish any higher than 11th this year.

Despite a compromised draft, it's a great chance to finish low and get a decent pick. After our start to the year, if we finish just out of the 8 and end up with Pick 15 it will be a waste.

id be quite happy for us to finish 12th-14th given the nature of the draft this year, but cant help but whole-heartedly barrack for them every weekend. i think we'll finish 10th

I understand your thought process, nevertheless, its the antithesis of competition.

The AFL with its rewards for mediocrity have perverted the nature of our game.
For supporters of any club to want to lose games is just insane.

Its time AFL footy was given back back to the people in its true form.

On the form ladder over the last 7 rounds we actually sit 8th. equal 6-9. All I really want from the last 16 rounds of the season is to sit 4-8 on the form ladder. Possitive signs (at home at least, and 3 against Rich, Melb, Bris)

you can create a form ladder by deleting the results of the first x rounds on this ladder predictor

http://afl.allthestats.com/index.ph...6:ladder-predictor&catid=37:general&Itemid=59

Yep. I reckon we could still finish in the eight if we can find consistency and play like we did against Freo/Melbourne. We need to produce it on the road starting next week. I put $20 on us for the flag at 501/1 before the Hawthorn game. Pretty sure I've flushed my money down the toilet, but for some strange reason I found those odds insulting. My prediction overall: sadly ninth.

I would say that with Hawthorn winning last night, that any even slight hope of a final 8 finish are gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do believe we are good enough to make the eight, I do believe that alot of things need to fall into place for that to happen.
I do know that alot of things fell out of place for us to be as low as we were.
which way the karma goes?
I do also believe that the two sets of interpretations the umpires sometimes bring to our games will raise there ugly head the moment others believe we are a threat!.
Yes I do believe in the conspiracy theory a 737 hit the pentagon!:eek:

Things falling into place so far.

Both North Melbourne and Sydney lose. All we need now is for Melbourne to lose to St.Kilda.

Beat Essendon by 50 points this week, and if Port and Melbourne lose (as expected) we then sit 10th on the ladder...

I guess the best case scenario is coming true. Melbourne are losing so far, fingers crossed. Although Melbourne winning will drop Port another spot on the ladder, so win / win either way :thumbsu::thumbsu:

During the ladder predictor and using my opinion on the form of the teams in the AFL, I found that the Crows could lose all three games against the top sides (Geelong, St.Kilda, Collingwood) and still be a game clear in the 8 on 10 wins 12 losses.

Though, I think North Melbourne and Sydney are heavily flattered by their current positions.

Sydney, yes, they're only in that position thanks to a strong start to the season, but now, I'd argue that they are just like any other bottom 8 side.

North Melbourne, on the other hand, are travelling quite nicely. Exceeding expectations of most. I reckon they'll be the 8th at the end of the H&A season.

I love the fact Sydney vs North Melbourne next round (or the one after?)

Sydney have a tough run home too from memory.

We really need to focus on just continuing to play competitive footy and keep those young guys developing. We win the next 2... I'll be breaking out the Baily Ladder Predictor :)

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here people. Our recent good form comes with two major qualifications.
  1. All 5 of our wins have been at home. Adelaide have not won a single game away from Footy Park in 2010.
  2. 4 of our 5 wins have been against teams who are now below us on the ladder - the 11th, 12th, 14th & 15th ranked teams after 14 rounds. We have only been competitive with, let alone beaten, ONE top 8 side - and that was Fremantle in Edwards' farewell game.

And to prove that every silver lining has a cloud... Our jump from 14th to 10th has shuffled us down the draft order from pick #8 to pick #16. We're now on the cusp of what would normally be regarded as the end of the first round. You can forget about all those top flight kids you were licking your lips over during the U18 National Championships, we're looking at the Douglas/Sellar/Pfeiffer area of the draft once again.

There's only 2 likely losses IMO - Geelong & Saints. Although I'm really looking forward to seeing how we go against them with the home ground behind us - you just never know .. coming back from Perth versus Geelong is a bit of a bummer though.

I think we can push Collingwood and we own the Bulldogs at AAMI so I'm expecting us to win that. A shame we don't play Kangaroos or Sydney in the remaining games but I guess the 2 losses against them could come back to bite us. Would be an amazing effort if we were to snag 8th spot. Not out of the question but a bit of luck will need to go our way and boy are we due for some!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back