Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits (No.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nix away - https://wellingtonphoenixhub.com/products/wellington-phoenix-a-league-replica-dark-jersey

May be an image of 2 people, people playing football, people playing soccer, cleats and text
Whats that little logo on the tum tum?

Whats that little logo on the tum tum?
"Te Raukura (the plume of white feathers), which is an important symbol to the tribes who affiliate to Te Āti Awa and other Taranaki iwi, is the centrepiece and takes centre stage on the front of the shirt."

"Te Raukura (the plume of white feathers), which is an important symbol to the tribes who affiliate to Te Āti Awa and other Taranaki iwi, is the centrepiece and takes centre stage on the front of the shirt."

Is there a reason given for its location on the kit?

Is there a reason given for its location on the kit?
I couldn't tell you, sorry. I guess they're wanting it as a centrepiece, but the training kits have it underneath the collar, where I'd personally put it. I'm just not sure if that's disrespectful or not to put it there, or on the back of the neck.

What's it with so many white away kits in the A-League? Adel, Auck, Bris, Macarthur, Victory, Perth, Syd FC, WSW, WU. That's 9 of 13 teams. The AFL a few years back had a similar issue. Thankfully teams without white as a main colour now use colour away/clash jumpers.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits (No.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back