Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapecoense to Sign Qatar Airways Kit Sponsor Deal
. The new sponsorship deal is expected to be much more worth than their deal with Caixa, which was worth R$ 4 milhões per year (€ 1.2m)
qatar-airways-chapecoense-deal%2B%25283%2529.jpg

I could be wrong but it kinda feels like a bid brand is capitalising on Chape's new found mainstream awareness, which sorta feels wrong, IDK.
The club lost most of its first team, and some staff. It had one of the worst footballing tragedies on their way to play a continental final. What the club needs is money to secure its future, and what Qatar want to do is give them that money and they get the benefit of getting exposure through a team that many people in the world will have in the back of its mind. There's nothing wrong with it, they're not exploiting them in any way. Although an airline sponsor is maybe a bit on the nose.

Melbourne Victory have extended the deal with Adidas for the next five seasons, good deal I reckon.

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/...ership-with-adidas/1pvg4g69uyp9w1vol6z8vjwr15

Hopefully means we see the three stripes down the side and a clean V soon enough.

I think we'll be seeing similar V's to the past couple of kits. I believe I read somewhere that Victory don't like having the club or A-League badge on the V, which is why they have gone to a lower and narrower V when they really should be using the same template as Middlesbrough's away kit.

Boro-away-shirt.jpg

I think we'll be seeing similar V's to the past couple of kits. I believe I read somewhere that Victory don't like having the club or A-League badge on the V, which is why they have gone to a lower and narrower V when they really should be using the same template as Middlesbrough's away kit.

Boro-away-shirt.jpg
I'm hoping being able to have a monochrome/club coloured A-League badge helps that cause. As long as it fits entirely inside the V (as it does above) then I think it would look great, it's when it has to overlap between the blue and white that it lets us down.

Melbourne Victory have extended the deal with Adidas for the next five seasons, good deal I reckon.

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/...ership-with-adidas/1pvg4g69uyp9w1vol6z8vjwr15

Hopefully means we see the three stripes down the side and a clean V soon enough.

The weirdest part of this announcement is the fact that the current season, which we are already 2/3 of the way through, is the first season of this extension. We originally had a five-year deal, which expired at the end of last season. Evidently we had managed to extend it into at least a sixth season, but I don't recall any announcements. Its very strange that they waited this long.

Anywho, its great news to see such a long extension with adidas, but then they go ahead and churn out something like this....

4057287211359A.jpg

4057287211359A.jpg

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/...m-with-our-12th-man/9dl1r86rij9u1dmrnvstzrvo6

Honouring the 12th man in the 12th season is a bit weird. Also, the slogans on the front look super tacky. And of the five options, only two are even really anything you ever hear from the fans.

"Come On You Boys In Blue" and "There's Only One Team In Melbourne" are fine. They're regulars in terrace chants.

"The Original And The Best" is something thats only really used by the club in marketing leading up to derbies.

"Melbourne Born And Bred. Victory Forever" and "We Stand Together. Victory Forever" are massive WTF quotes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Come On You Boys In Blue" and "There's Only One Team In Melbourne" are fine. They're regulars in terrace chants.

"The Original And The Best" is something thats only really used by the club in marketing leading up to derbies.

"Melbourne Born And Bred. Victory Forever" and "We Stand Together. Victory Forever" are massive WTF quotes.
"The original and the best" is for facebook profile pictures, the last one sounds like the lyrics for their post-match song? Or am I way off?

"The original and the best" is for facebook profile pictures, the last one sounds like the lyrics for their post-match song? Or am I way off?

If you mean "Victory the Brave", then that lyric doesn't appear anywhere in the song. I see how you could think that though, cos it does give off that kind of vibe.

If you mean "Victory the Brave", then that lyric doesn't appear anywhere in the song. I see how you could think that though, cos it does give off that kind of vibe.
I meant the last one in your quoted post, I haven't clicked on the link yet :sweatsmile:

I meant the last one in your quoted post, I haven't clicked on the link yet :sweatsmile:

Yeah sorry I didn't word that well. Victory the Brave is the name of the song, not one of the quotes. I you were asking if the last quote is a line from that song then no, its not.

But it's their state flag?
Don't think the New York state flag has a NYCFC monogram in the middle. If you're gonna mess with it, at least make it look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back