Soccer fans meet with FFA and resolve issues - could same happen with AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no shit.

But how would you have fans stop clowns from bringing them in? Would you have us strip search everyone ourselves?

Maybe we should shoot someone when it happens?

Have you ever been in the NT when one goes off? It's always done when everyone is celebrating a goal and you can't really see it.

So go on, tell me how it's done oh wise one.

By the way, we pay our own money to support our club. It's not a job. The police and security have a job. Catch them, prove it, send them packing, and we're done. None of this '1 person did something bad so we'll blame all 3000 of them' crap.
Lol shoot someone. Bloody hell. Can we get some more drama in this post?

Easy. Flare goes off. Game gets stopped. Opposition side gets the full points. Following week its an empty stadium as punishment.

Might be harsh but the message will get through quickly.

lol, oh yeah, that's perfectly reasonable. One person does something stupid, punish the club, the players, all the fans, and the whole league.

Sort your head out.

Lol shoot someone. Bloody hell. Can we get some more drama in this post?
that just goes to show the soccer supporter group mentality doesnt it. they think they have a right to be thuggish and put others at risk because they work hard, anyone who criticizes them for it has some sort of agenda or hatred for soccer, and any sort of punishment for their actions is some kind of fascist oppression.

that just goes to show the soccer supporter group mentality doesnt it. they think they have a right to be thuggish and put others at risk because they work hard, anyone who criticizes them for it has some sort of agenda or hatred for soccer, and any sort of punishment for their actions is some kind of fascist oppression.

Maybe people should read up on the issues at hand before commenting that's all HawkMongrel is trying to say. coming up with comments like "Soccer fans think they have a right to be thuggish" and "put others at risk" just proves you have no idea.
people have to understand they are not bloody cheer squads!!

I tell you whats fascist having a security company spying on you and your social media accounts and follow you around all because you walk and march to the ground and sing with your mates, then getting banned for something you haven't done or don't recall doing because it was probably something minor like banging a seat or pushing something out of the way, and not having the right to be shown why or any rights of appeal. Tell me is that living in a free society? do you not think fans should voice there concerns over that especially if they've been innocent? wonder what would happen if AFL cheer squads had the some scrutiny?

Last edited:
Soccer fans fight amongst each other, cause riots, let off flares and then take themselves and their poxy sport WAY too seriously with their pathetic, sooky little walkouts. Football fans go to the game, cheer their team, boo the opposition and the umps, then go and have a beer after the game. I've been attending football for 40 years and have barely seen a single punch thrown.
There's your difference.

Maybe read the op. The discussion is whether AFL crowds can mobilise themselves as well as the A-league crowds to force the AFL into real change... but then again, as always with anything soccer, it comes back to comments like 'thuggish crowd behavior', which have nothing to do with what the op is asking & come mostly from people who aren't in the know.

Then we say soccer fans are paranoid, go figure...

FYI, the protests from the fans were for concerns that they raised 3 yrs ago with the FFA in regards to fair process that were basically ignored.
Wilson's article was just the straw that broke the camels back & the catalyst that brought it all to a head

People that preach about topics they haven't a clue about make me sick.

So I fire up lol
So back to reality... the problem the FFA has right now is that there is a lack of self policing going on within active supporter groups and the bigger issue now is the stuff that happens outside the stadium... AFL atmosphere is very quiet and the fans have been pacified but they are extremely strong on self policing something thats been built up over time

They come in with a bat to try and address it but in the end handled it extremely poorly and added more fuel to the fire. Hiring a private security firm to spy on your own supporters is just horribly bad. Banning supporters who did nothing wrong with no appeal process.

So what i fear has happened is they've actually empowered the active supporter groups and the problem will never be addressed.

If your going the code wars path its perfect for the AFL really

Footy crowds are fine. There is no issue that the fans need to meet with the AFL to sort out.

Soccer fans (and I am a huge supporter of soccer) have that element that believes they are allowed to be hooligans because it's a soccer game. They are allowed to light flares, they are allowed to intimidate other patrons, they are allowed to take weapons into the ground, and they are allowed to start fights between opposing sets of fans.

It's only a very small percentage, but it's that percentage where basically all of the bans are happening.

I hope the FFA continue to issue lengthy bans to these sort of people who go completely against the sort of family friendly atmosphere they are trying to promote.

Footy already has the family friendly atmosphere. People are there to watch the footy. You simply don't get the same level of deliberate hooliganism.

Being an ultra fan member is not hooliganism.

Sorry to be technical.
But i count 2 things that are illegal except in a maritime emergancy in that video. Which in this country is hooliganism.

And no its not the
Singing
Jumping
Mobile phone lights

All 3 are passionate and great to be a part of.

Sorry to be technical.
But i count 2 things that are illegal except in a maritime emergancy in that video. Which in this country is hooliganism.

And no its not the
Singing
Jumping
Mobile phone lights

All 3 are passionate and great to be a part of.

This is perfectly fine no one gets injured (no one ever has, ever) - being a nanny state in sports grounds does nothing to help with the passion in-game...and you need that raw passion to make the experience a pure raw passionate spectacle. This is best way to see elite athletes reach top performance - athletes want it and the fans want it. This is definitely not hooliganism, otherwise your view on the world is a disgrace

This is perfectly fine no one gets injured (no one ever has, ever) - being a nanny state in sports grounds does nothing to help with the passion in-game...and you need that raw passion to make the experience a pure raw passionate spectacle. This is best way to see elite athletes reach top performance - athletes want it and the fans want it. This is definitely not hooliganism, otherwise your view on the world is a disgrace
Actually it is hooliganism as its ILLEGAL. How old are you?

Perfectly fine? Do you know people with asthma?

Also its not the grounds, clubs, competitions that dont allow them, dont you get it?

Its law by the goverment. The clubs can love them as much as they want. The Australian goverment has them banned.

You guys are the disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Small Greek club going to Spanish capital Madrid for important cup tie
Actually it is hooliganism as its ILLEGAL. How old are you?

Perfectly fine? Do you know people with asthma?

Also its not the grounds, clubs, competitions that dont allow them, dont you get it?

Its law by the goverment. The clubs can love them as much as they want. The Australian goverment has them banned.

You guys are the disgrace.

No one has ever been hurt with flares.. do you understand that? Have you ever been next to one?-- do you think ultra fans will sit next to other members who are not ultras? Is your logic totally missing?

These are highly organised groups.

This is a small Greek club going to Spain to play Atletico Madrid in a big Euroleague tie...so this is illegal?

..and do you think the club would have won without the following support to another country?

Its legal in Spain, Greece, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Poland... whats this nanny state bullscrap?

What we know is that any AFL fan who does get banned tends to respect the decision and moves on.

FFA fans don't seem to want to do that.

The media too have played their part. There was no need for Rebecca Wilson...the feral Sydney one as apposed to Caro the witch or Alan Jones to publish the names of those affected by the bans in the A-League. Nothing was to be gained.

Small Greek club going to Spanish capital Madrid for important cup tie

No one has ever been hurt with flares.. do you understand that? Have you ever been next to one?-- do you think ultra fans will sit next to other members who are not ultras? Is your logic totally missing?

These are highly organised groups.

This is a small Greek club going to Spain to play Atletico Madrid in a big Euroleague tie...so this is illegal?

..and do you think the club would have won without the following support to another country?

Its legal in Spain, Greece, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Poland... whats this nanny state bullscrap?

I dont care if its a small british club.

Yes people do get hurt because fwit fans throw the things. Let alone people with asthma or lung issues.

Its illegal, crying that europe are allowed wont change anyones minds.
Nor will giving the law the finger and doing it anyway.

Let's be clear. I dont think its as big a problem as is reported.

I think the wonderboys have had 3 this year sydney 1 victory 1 so its not like its an epidemic.

But dont push this crap that they are harmless and cool.

I dont care if its a small british club.

Yes people do get hurt because fwit fans throw the things. Let alone people with asthma or lung issues.

Its illegal, crying that europe are allowed wont change anyones minds.
Nor will giving the law the finger and doing it anyway.

Let's be clear. I dont think its as big a problem as is reported.

I think the wonderboys have had 3 this year sydney 1 victory 1 so its not like its an epidemic.

But dont push this crap that they are harmless and cool.

Ridiculous logic.

These are well organised groups. They need to support the team as they see fit... if thye hurt anyone they they are out..banned whatever.

You cant come on top of them because they are passionate about their club and no one gets hurt.

They are harmless this is exactly the point.

Ridiculous logic.

These are well organised groups. They need to support the team as they see fit... if thye hurt anyone they they are out..banned whatever.

You cant come on top of them because they are passionate about their club and no one gets hurt.

They are harmless this is exactly the point.

So what. Its not ridiculous logic. Its like saying your a safe driver so you are going to speed as the restrictions are wrong.

They are illegal. Like speeding. Thats the only point that matters. And in Australia people have gotten hurt.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-...d-by-flares-at-melbourne-victory-game/5911458

And just type in flares injuries. You get allot of replies.

But hey they look cool.

You lot complain we follow america with names etc. But then want everyone to follow europe. Thats ridiculous logic and no thanks.

So what. Its not ridiculous logic. Its like saying your a safe driver so you are going to speed as the restrictions are wrong.

They are illegal. Like speeding. Thats the only point that matters. And in Australia people have gotten hurt.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-...d-by-flares-at-melbourne-victory-game/5911458

And just type in flares injuries. You get allot of replies.

But hey they look cool.

You lot complain we follow america with names etc. But then want everyone to follow europe. Thats ridiculous logic and no thanks.

What?

You can buy flares anywhere how is that illegal... if you mean nanny state illogical laws this is fine and fans must follow them.

Making them illegal without understand how they are used is a ignoramus proportions

The report on Melbourne Victory is an example - fabrication of a nanny state mind to appease the emotion of the ignorants and imbeciles.

They are never lit where the sitting crowd is its always where the standing and signing crowd is. So that reportage is a Fake.

Its not about being cool its about there should no limits to how passionate you can be when supporting your club

People are not made out of plastic so plastic crowds don't work.

What?

You can buy flares anywhere how is that illegal... if you mean nanny state illogical laws this is fine and fans must follow them.

Making them illegal without understand how they are used is a ignoramus proportions

The report on Melbourne Victory is an example - fabrication of a nanny state mind to appease the emotion of the ignorants and imbeciles.

They are never lit where the sitting crowd is its always where the standing and signing crowd is. So that reportage is a Fake.

Its not about being cool its about there should no limits to how passionate you can be when supporting your club

People are not made out of plastic so plastic crowds don't work.

Fmd yes they are legal for maritime purposes. Last i looked not 1 stadium was under water or in the ocean.

Fake. So all the reports of injuries are fakes? Oook

No limits? So i can deck someone who is wearing a wonderboy shirt because i follow the skyblues?

Yes there should be limits. Following the law is one of the limits.

Fmd yes they are legal for maritime purposes. Last i looked not 1 stadium was under water or in the ocean.

Fake. So all the reports of injuries are fakes? Oook

No limits? So i can deck someone who is wearing a wonderboy shirt because i follow the skyblues?

Yes there should be limits. Following the law is one of the limits.

They are used 500 times per week in Europe but only Australia reports on them - so yes they are FAKE. Nanny state supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back