Play Nice Society, Religion & Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

so much for our egalitarian society, the land of the fair go
We’re starting to see the malign consequences of seismic education policies implemented by the Howard government nearly three decades ago.

Howard famously said when you change the government, you change the country.

John Howard went to Canterbury Boys High and loves cricket.

I wonder how proud he is of the fact that for the sport-loving kids of the two thirds of Australian kids who go to public schools, he’s made their lives tangibly shitter?

This sums up my feelings on Land Forces, it's really not surprising that people are protesting the expo, it's obscene. The protests are anti-war, anti-genocide and anti-weapons and the media's characterisation of the protesters has been nothing short of disgraceful. I was once proud to call myself an Australian but the way both major parties have bent over backwards to show support for "Israel" under the guise of "fighting antisemitism" (LOL) will not be forgotten. I don't agree with everything the Greens say or do but at least they have consistently opposed the genocide in Palestine and are generally decent human beings who want the best for the communities they represent, yet we can't vote for them because they are "a stain on Australian life" according to some :rolleyes: But what would I know

1726207693358.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way the media and the politicians have been cowed by the Israeli lobby in terms of the killing of over 40000 Palestinians, including over 15000 children, is the worst thing I have seen since the Vietnam War. The killing continues on a daily basis but hardly rates a mention in the MSM and we allow an Israeli arms company at the expo without giving it a second thought. Diabolical.

Deport them where? Back to Palestine where they will most likely be massacred by the Israeli armed forces, who seem to be the only actual terrorists in this picture? If you don't want them here, then maybe Western governments (including our own) should stop arming Israel so they can go home?

Both sides are as bad as each other .
We don't need these protests here and some of the Palestinian supporters here are wearing banned terrorist pictures on clothing , just deport them
Assuming they aren't Australian, are you suggesting we deport people for protesting or wearing particular clothing? Or only for violence?

Meh. If both sides feel so strongly, head over there and lend your support for your chosen side instead of causing havoc for people trying to go about their day over here. Because I can tell you now Netinyahu or Hamas give a shit about a few unwashed hippies gluing themselves to a roadway over the other side of the world.

What's happening over there will eventually affect us over here though, one way or another. Anyway I've said my piece, feel free to disagree with it if you want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Society, Religion & Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back