Softest Player in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

rhyce shaw should have some mercy, J. Brown gives a few players the willies. but yeah, that was a squib.

worst at the saints in recent years was alan murray got busted down to the magoos for squibbing against pike (do you blame him) and J. Plapp had some shockers, but he did try to redeam himself and had his spine cracked for his effort.

P. S. I don't think campbell is a squib, he's often played the role of a receiver, because thats the role he's be used in, but he isn't a squib, when on the ball, he goes and gets it, hard style. but its easy to call him a sheepdog, so i will!

dan warna said:
P. S. I don't think campbell is a squib, he's often played the role of a receiver, because thats the role he's be used in, but he isn't a squib, when on the ball, he goes and gets it, hard style. but its easy to call him a sheepdog, so i will!

I'm biased, after the Paul Couch incident back in the 90's.

Still don't think he puts his head over the ball, and he does look for as many cheap touches as possible.

KangaFett said:
Other notiables or questionables for me are:
Ben Dixon, Shane Clayton :( , Shane Harvey (and hopefully he can be steered in the right direction), Xavier and Ralph Clarke, the Burgoyne Bros

lets face it, every club has a few.

xavier clarke has made some mistakes, going for the ball when he shouldn't putting his body on the line when he shouldnt etc, but he aint no squib, the number of times I've seen t hat relatively little body cop a whack and see him flying is amazing, the guy must be made of rubber. If anything, the guy is an idiot for trying to get the ball, when he shouldn't, prob more guilty of being selfish than a squib.

Rafe has played one game so i can't really judge on that one.

67709.jpg

ImperialPurple said:
explanation...?

pococurantism...

KangaFett said:
lets face it, every club has a few.

I am a little biased so my judgement is a little cloudy when it comes to Geelong players, however I cannot see a Geelong team making the AFL Fabio team of the year. Here is my team.

AFL Fabio "So soft I can't believe he's not butter" Team of the year 2004

FF. Milne Richardson L.Davis
HF. L. Hading N.Holland S. Harvey
C. D. Headland J. Murphy D. Cupido
HB. R. Lonie J. Cloke N.Lonie
FB. Dion Woods B. Pickett W.Campbell(c)
R. J. Fraser Woewoeful P. Burgoyne
Int D. Clarke P.Street B. Burton

Coach P.Schwabb,

Zeke said:
Mark 'Footsteps' Johnson: His one handed marking attempt whilst shying away from non-existant contact was pure comedy gold.

He lost the ball in the lights, how would going up with one hand in a marking contest be a protective measure.

I want to find out why Shane harvey appears oon nearly everyones Softest Player post. I havnt seen him play much this year, so is there a soft act from Harvey that i missed or just his overall approach?

phatandphreaky said:
I'm biased, after the Paul Couch incident back in the 90's.

Still don't think he puts his head over the ball, and he does look for as many cheap touches as possible.

maybe phat, and he's a bit of a whiner too, but I've seen him cop battering, and that just seems to rile him up to attack the ball with more ferocity.

I think he's a natural wingman, like say ricardi, or braddles forced onto the ball by circumstances

rampantswan said:
I am a little biased so my judgement is a little cloudy when it comes to Geelong players, however I cannot see a Geelong team making the AFL Fabio team of the year. Here is my team.

AFL Fabio "So soft I can't believe he's not butter" Team of the year 2004

FF. Milne Richardson L.Davis
HF. L. Hading N.Holland S. Harvey
C. D. Headland J. Murphy D. Cupido
HB. R. Lonie J. Cloke N.Lonie
FB. Dion Woods B. Pickett W.Campbell(c)
R. J. Fraser Woewoeful P. Burgoyne
Int D. Clarke P.Street B. Burton

Coach P.Schwabb,

How the hell can you say Byron Pickett is soft??? his one of the toughest players in the AFL he goes out of his way to smother the ball and smash people. If you watched the Port Adelaide Geelong game earlier this season he went out of his way to smother the ball and ended up winning the game for us!! I do though think you should add one player in there Nick Stevens he never goes into a pack his as soft as you can get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Fraser and Ty Zantuck are the bitchslap queens of the AFL.

Leon Davis has the Squib Trophy sewn up, after only the briefest of challenges by Justin Murphy.

Brent Guerra loves a cheap shot, but goes missing when the pressure's on.

Tredders66 said:
How the hell can you say Byron Pickett is soft??? his one of the toughest players in the AFL he goes out of his way to smother the ball and smash people. If you watched the Port Adelaide Geelong game earlier this season he went out of his way to smother the ball and ended up winning the game for us!! I do though think you should add one player in there Nick Stevens he never goes into a pack his as soft as you can get.

Don't worry Tredders - at least rampantdud is letting us all know early on that he's a nob.

Zeke said:
Mark 'Footsteps' Johnson: His one handed marking attempt whilst shying away from non-existant contact was pure comedy gold.

Identical to Leon Davis' "effort" a few weeks ago on a Friday night..........

Tarrant did himself no favours after Misiti's "challenge" last season (?) either!

rampantswan said:
IHF. L. Hading

I'm assuming you mean Turtle Harding. He can be lazy and is very inconsistent, but I've seen him put his body on the line before, and he does stand his ground in a marking contest. Considering the role he plays, he probably comes off as softer than he actually is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Softest Player in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back