Solomon, now McPhee

Remove this Banner Ad

lol... muir, now there was a forgettable player :D i tell ya, if we were going to bring backa thug for a few games, my vote would go to michael brown :thumbsu:

I still remembering him absolutely drilling that Peter Caven bloke... That guy took some shots.

In the same game as Paul... someone... tall, thin, and blonde did his knee.

I still remembering him absolutely drilling that Peter Caven bloke... That guy took some shots.

In the same game as Paul... someone... tall, thin, and blonde did his knee.

yep i remember the hit lol... and it was the same game both paul maher and luke toia did their knees. we won by under a goal... was in the changerooms after that game, even though we won, it was a really weird, sombre mood, not unlike after micky b broke his leg

Not even close. Solomon went flying in almost out of control elbow out and raised on Ling who didn't even have the ball - plus Ling was out for few weeks with a broken jaw which under the current kangaroo court system makes a big difference. McPhee's was just a dumb-ass attempt at a bump.

Ling also played up the extent of the injury to get Solomon a bigger penalty. i think they had people saying he would be out for 8 weeks or some such bollocks. 2 weeks later Ling is pulling on his jumper for the game.

He should have tackled. Holding the ball free in a good position. You don't bump the ball carrier, that stuff is in the past for a reason. The players shouldn't need to see someone taken high to inspire them.

I wonder if I'm in the minority, but I actually love seeing undisciplined behaviour. Just makes the game that more entertaining when you know the players hate each other and want to inflict the pain.

People think just because some guy throws a punch it inflicts more damage than a knee to the back of the head, or falling across a players leg. Let's just put things in perspective here. Getting a few slaps around the chops isn't going to hurt anything but your pride. These guys are entertainers as well as sportsman.

If Ballantyne wants to go up and antagonize some 110kg giant then he should reap the consequences of it, no reports, few slaps around the chops and lets move on.

All the fairies trying to sanitize the game into "Aussie Rules Soccer" is making the game a little less interesting in my opinion.

I wonder if I'm in the minority, but I actually love seeing undisciplined behaviour. Just makes the game that more entertaining when you know the players hate each other and want to inflict the pain.

People think just because some guy throws a punch it inflicts more damage than a knee to the back of the head, or falling across a players leg. Let's just put things in perspective here. Getting a few slaps around the chops isn't going to hurt anything but your pride. These guys are entertainers as well as sportsman.

If Ballantyne wants to go up and antagonize some 110kg giant then he should reap the consequences of it, no reports, few slaps around the chops and lets move on.

.All the fairies trying to sanitize the game into "Aussie Rules Soccer" is making the game a little less interesting in my opinion.

agree... i think these days the punishments handed out are way too harsh.... when guys keep getting reported and suspended because they are taller than the guys they bump (not in mcphee's case) i think its a joke. i love seeing the niggle. i love seeing the shirt front... but the days of this are all gone unfortunately

All the fairies trying to sanitize the game into "Aussie Rules Soccer" is making the game a little less interesting in my opinion.

That's what I love to hear Mems.

Even though you hide behind all them books and big words, I knew you were a thuggish caveman at heart. Two thumbs (or bulging biceps, take your pick) up.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a difference between physicality and thug behaviour. Nothing wrong with a good hard tackle or bump.. everything wrong with hitting a player in the head.

You have that A-League team you support if you want to watch some fairies play. You know, where you can see players dive and jump around like ballerinas pretending they are ducks at a shooting gallery.

There's not much wrong with a slap around the chops, the damage done is minimal yet the entertainment it brings is nearly priceless. It's one of the better things about the "old days" that if you were older than 18 you'd understand.

There is a difference between physicality and thug behaviour. Nothing wrong with a good hard tackle or bump.. everything wrong with hitting a player in the head.

leigh brown vs campbell brown. one is tough, the other wants to be known as tough, probably because he's still living in his old man's shadow.

I'm surprised Smokey didn't get 6 months to be honest.
The rate record at this club and the fact that that normal
footage is banned at the tribunal. I heard they sit around drinking carlton mids
cheering at the slow mo cam:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Solomon, now McPhee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back