Solomon quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by dezzie#14
Was he out of contract? if he was does that mean we get nothing? what happens now?

Even if players are out of contract they can still be traded to any club.
Very ****ed off at him at the moment.

Cr@p Cr@p and Cr@p!!!

Only had Solly's number put on my jumper about a month ago:mad:

If Essendon offered him what he had requested (keeping in mind he did not alter what he was asking for), then why is he leaving?
Coz the Tigers supposedly offer $400K??? Fair enuff....
What happens if the Bombers and Tigers can't do a deal? What then happens if the Bombers strike a deal with, say, the Doggies? Solly's under no obligation to sign the release form to join the Bulldogs (as I understand it). If that's the case, does he:
a) Go into the draft? In which case he may well end up at the kennel after all, but the Bombers get nuthing in return...
b) Go back to the Bombers with tail between legs and sign on the amount originally offered? (not likely, I know)
c) any other options?

If I was the Dons, I 'd be dirty on the fact that he asked for $X amount, was offered that contract, but goes chasing more $$$ at Tigerland (or whoever is throwin the $ around).... Unless there's more to it, the Bombers should stand firm (again) and tell him that he goes where they organise a trade, or he goes into the draft...

If anyone has any more info on how exactly the draft works, do tell.... I might be totally off the mark here.... please explain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hasnt done much for the dockers, they were grand finalists at the start of the season, with solomon and tarrant in the squad was a sure thing.
bombers havent lost out too much still a chance to make the 8.
actually they are better off without him.:thumbsu:

hasnt done much for the dockers, they were grand finalists at the start of the season, with solomon and tarrant in the squad was a sure thing.
Look at the date of the thread, this was back whe he was going to go to Richmond but decided to stay at Essendon.

Why bring up an almost 4 year old thread?

You have waaay too much time on your hands

Haha, I thought he'd quit the dockers :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Solomon quits