Something something Tarzan, something something Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Jericho.

img-thing

Harry Taylor? Firstly he's not built like Tarzan. Secondly he's done enough to avoid such a label. Look for example at how he beat Riewoldt in the 2009 GF.

Josh Hunt, well no argument there!
Gotta agree with that assessment

Harry Taylor? Who takes CONTESTED PACK MARKS? Yeah bitch players are very well known for contested marking overhead aren't they.

As for Josh Hunt, the only time I remember him bitching out of a contest was in the 2004 Prelim final when Bradshaw went to cannon into him and he moved out of the way, cleaning up Shaun Hart in the process and breaking his face. And to be honest, most people would get out of Bradshaw's way.

Isn't there a well known incident from 2005 against st Kilda when he did it

Long since retired but I will never forget Leigh Brown.
Premiership hero Leigh Brown?

You've got to be joking. Chris Dawes was much more fit for this description. Brown would give and take the hard hits.

Probably a bit below the radar, but Richmond had a guy a few years back, Dean Putt.

Late draft pick, never played a game.

Was (from memory) 200cm, athletic, but quite thin, and soft as butter. Ended his days of the Richmond list playing as a wingman (VERY outside) for Coburg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiership hero Leigh Brown?

You've got to be joking. Chris Dawes was much more fit for this description. Brown would give and take the hard hits.

Dawesy is a hack but in his time for us he at least put his body on the line a few times, not sure about the Pies.

Josh Hunt is an obvious one, another was former WCE and Melbourne ruck Paul Johnson. Was a huge man who could find the ball around the ground but didn't have a single ounce of aggression in him.

cleve hughes, aka the cleveland steamer, aka clean knees

Apparently he got mud on his gear once, but this is nothing more than a vicious internet rumour

Probably a bit below the radar, but Richmond had a guy a few years back, Dean Putt.

Late draft pick, never played a game.

Was (from memory) 200cm, athletic, but quite thin, and soft as butter. Ended his days of the Richmond list playing as a wingman (VERY outside) for Coburg.

His old man, Vinny, was a bouncer around the Essendon pub scene back in the day. Got into a blue with Ron Andrews and a couple of off duty coppers one time, ended up going through a window and got cut up pretty badly.
Went to court but I can't remember how it ended up.

His old man, Vinny, was a bouncer around the Essendon pub scene back in the day. Got into a blue with Ron Andrews and a couple of off duty coppers one time, ended up going through a window and got cut up pretty badly.
Went to court but I can't remember how it ended up.

Clearly the fruit fell far from the tree!

Troy Simmonds was never particularly robust in his playing style - certainly fits the 'built like Tarzan' criteria.

Quite possibly that one was deliberate rather than through fear of being hurt...From memory Simmonds' other sporting passion was martial arts and he was quite accomplished (Black belt, and I have a vague memory that he went into instructing after leaving the game).

Remove this Banner Ad

Something something Tarzan, something something Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back