Songs you hate (by bands you love)

Remove this Banner Ad

kings of leon - charmer
pink floyd - bike
queen - crazy little thing called love (don't hate it, but don't listen to it)
ac/dc - dirty deads (more a bit over it than anything else)
rolling stones - jumping jack flash

Agreed with the previous post about Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors by Radiohead.

QOTSA- Skin on Skin, very average song.

Pretty much anything ACDC recorded after the 80s were over. Just break up already, you old bastards.

Most of the older beatles stuff (wanna hold your hand, can't buy me love, etc). They were much better when they were taking lots of acid.

That Hump-de-bump or whatever it is by RHCP. Actually, most of their post-Californication stuff is really bad.

Hump-de-Bump is the first song that sprang to mind for me. Its an incredibly shit song, though there are a couple of good songs but if Stadium Arcadium was a single album it would've been pretty decent.

Also I don't particularly hate it but I don't like Underneath it All by No Doubt.

Metallica - Where the wild things are

Seriously, what the **** is this crap? I didn't like Reload anyway, but this song really sucks bad, and Newsted got a writing credit for it? No wonder they didn't let him write much!

Iron Maiden - Flight of the Icarus

Very cheesy, hard for me to listen to. Apparently it comes across well live, but on recording i can't handle it

Megadeth - Dawn Patrol

Don't know what they were smoking when they came up with this, maybe they wanted to make sure the greatest metal album of all time (close anyway) didn't have every song being awesome.

Faith No More - Falling to pieces

Just didn't like it, can't really put my finger on it but it just sounds lame to me

Rage Against the Machine - Testify

So disappointed they opened with this at the BDO, tune just does nothing for me.

Tool - 10,000 Days Parts 1 and 2

The main reason i don't like this song is they played it back to back at the Melbourne show last time they were out, took up nearly 20 mins where they could have added, Grudge, Part Of Me, Eulogy, etc etc

That's it for now, got plenty more i'm sure!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iron Maiden - Flight of the Icarus

Very cheesy, hard for me to listen to. Apparently it comes across well live, but on recording i can't handle it

Megadeth - Dawn Patrol

Don't know what they were smoking when they came up with this, maybe they wanted to make sure the greatest metal album of all time (close anyway) didn't have every song being awesome.

Faith No More - Falling to pieces

Just didn't like it, can't really put my finger on it but it just sounds lame to me

I actually agree on Flight of Icarus. Sounds almost gay on the album. It IS a killer tune live though - had an alright video clip to it as well (state of the art for the time!)

Megadeth's Dawn Patrol. I like Dave's raspy vocals, but I wonder if he just should've ditched vocals altogether on this one. Could've worked as an instrumental leading in to Rust in Peace (Polaris) ala Judas Priest's The Hellion/Electric Eye or Maiden's Ides of March/Wrathchild.

I liked Falling to Pieces. Simple yet catchy bass that gets stuck in my head. Even now, and I haven't heard it in years.

I'm the same as above, except I'm not a fan of 'Whole lotta love'.

The Beatles are a strange band. So much crap I can't listen to (she loves you, I want to hold your hand, can't buy me love), but then there are gems (hey jude, something, while my guitar gently weeps, I feel fine, day tripper).

There seems to be no songs that are in between.

Same!
Im not really a fan of their pre drug songs.
But Walrus, A day in the life, etc are absolutely amazing!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Songs you hate (by bands you love)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back