Soundwave 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Day 1 in Melbourne was sensational for me. Highlights were Priest, Killer Be Killed and Slipknot, with an honerable mention to Confession. Huge crowd for Slipknot; I can't believe many more people were left to go ot the Smashing Pumpkins or FOB. It all worked well with just 4 stages IMO. Can't wait for Sunday's show.

melbourne fans.. tomorrow see terror universal, fear factory, the bennies were pretty good and also le butcherettes with the crazy mexican lady putting on a decent show.

Had a ripper Day One in Melb... Vandals, Papa Roach, Manson, Slash, Smashing Pumpkins and the tail end of Fall Out Boy.

Pumped for Soundgarden and FNM today!

Had a ripper Day One in Melb... Vandals, Papa Roach, Manson, Slash, Smashing Pumpkins and the tail end of Fall Out Boy.

Pumped for Soundgarden and FNM today!

I'm very jealous PB...lucky bastard....have a good one!!

Another SW come and gone. The heat got to me on the Saturday, but still a great weekend. The Pumpkins were stellar to close out day 1, such a tight band. I thought FNM were amazing for the first 2/3rds of their set, but they lost the crowd thereafter.

Another SW come and gone. The heat got to me on the Saturday, but still a great weekend. The Pumpkins were stellar to close out day 1, such a tight band. I thought FNM were amazing for the first 2/3rds of their set, but they lost the crowd thereafter.

Not me... closed out the set with a classic rarity in As The Worm Turns... I was in heaven!

Here's a couple of my pics from today.
11001918_10205046874945387_2947040562188535148_n.jpg

11010959_10205046873825359_272640018176660477_n.jpg

Faith No More completely blew me away, amazing show and the set list matched it. I have always liked them but they completely showed up every other band there

Soundgarden were as expected and Steel Panther were brilliant

Incubus destroyed the hour they played with a horrific set list, really disappointing

Only went Sunday in Adelaide. Animals As Leaders, Smashing Pumpkins and Apocalyptica were the three main bands I went to see, and all met my expectations, although the Pumpkins had a typically aloof closure to the set.
Of the other acts I caught bits of, Slash entertained (especially the GNR tracks), Manson looked to be struggling towards the end of his set, Godsmack, Killer be Killed and Exodus were decent enough. The couple of Japanese bands rocked hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delay due to sound issues aside, Nothing More killed in, and posed for photos in the signing tent despite soundwave discouraging it.
Fall out boy played too many new songs but still were amazing, while All Time Low really impressed me (GF's favourite band)
First soundwave and I absolutely loved it

For anyone in Melbourne, did that hail storm ever hit?

Faith No More completely blew me away, amazing show and the set list matched it. I have always liked them but they completely showed up every other band there

Soundgarden were as expected and Steel Panther were brilliant

Incubus destroyed the hour they played with a horrific set list, really disappointing

I thought Incubus was terrible... were really flat, and never really got their set going.

For anyone that saw Papa Roach at Melbourne Soundwave, what songs did they play? I'm seeing them Tuesday Night at the Forum for their sidewave.

Set from Saturday...
Between Angels and Insects
Face Everything and Rise
Getting Away with Murder
Where Did the Angels Go?
Blood Brothers
Burn
Scars
Kick in the Teeth
Hollywood Whore
Broken as Me
...To Be Loved
Last Resort

Delay due to sound issues aside, Nothing More killed in, and posed for photos in the signing tent despite soundwave discouraging it.
Fall out boy played too many new songs but still were amazing, while All Time Low really impressed me (GF's favourite band)
First soundwave and I absolutely loved it

For anyone in Melbourne, did that hail storm ever hit?

Nope! Thankfully the rain mostly stayed away on both days too. Just a couple of minutes of big drops then it just threatened to piss down... Luckily the bad weather travelled south over the bay and left the showgrounds alone :)

Not me... closed out the set with a classic rarity in As The Worm Turns... I was in heaven!
Correct weight. I screamed like a child when I heard the opening keyboard strokes of ATWT. They played a set of classics. So many tacks from King for a day was also a nice surprise.

Day 2 highlights for me were Ne Obliviscaris and Soundgarden. Lamb of God excellent as usual and Terror Universal were well worth it too. Quite enjoyed Incubus' set from miles away while waiting in front of Soundgarden's stage.

melbourne fans.. tomorrow see terror universal, fear factory, the bennies were pretty good and also le butcherettes with the crazy mexican lady putting on a decent show.

Le Butcherettes was fantastic, loved it how she crowd surfed and feel on her neck and just laid there and kept singing hahaha.

Went Saturday, Hollywood Undead were great. Loved Steel Panther and the fan interaction and obviously Faith No More were the main reason i went and were great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Soundwave 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back