South Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryhs Archard wasnt home sick at all he just made that up so he could come home to echuca and cause a stir there i think he just loves the attention from people, then when the attention ran out in echuca he took his whippet ass back to adelaide

Methinks this blokes been on the end of a couple of R Archard hidings??
Probably seen a fair bit of his whippet arse when you were chasing it.

how is qld hard nut Justin Wilson going at South Adelaide, what the bloke lacks in skill is made up with incredible fitness, ferocity and hardness at the ball and opponent

Thats exactly what Jack is good at! Getting back to solid, tough, get to the ball first footy. The "Modern Game" was what Pyman baffled the players with to the point they didnt know if they were coming or going. 10 short passes before you get it out of the forward lines, then loose it to the opposition. :(

The Panthers will be fitter, tougher and display a totally differant game plan this season. They will also be a much happier UNIT of blokes. They already respect Jack and he is winning their trust. Something the previous coach never achieved.

It wont happen over night................;)
:D Trial games commencing shortly, who are the newbies to watch out for

Good to see the club pick up a few Darwin boys this year!
Michael Gugliotta- 17/18 years old 193cm+, Should play down back or pinch hit in the ruck, Not very heavy for he's height, AIS Squad member as well.

Justin Wilson- No more than 180cm, Originally from QLD but played with Palmerston in the AFLNT this year, In and under player.

James Imbi- Not that tall again no more than 180cm, Originally from Mount Gambier but has played in Darwin for the past 3 years, Midfield type who finds the ball with ease.

Christian Schild- Ruckman, 194-196cm, 24 years old, Named Ruckman of the year this year in Darwin, God leap with a great work rate.

Roy Farmer- 18 years old, 170- 180cm, Lightning quick with great skills, Is a Tiwi Islander, I beleive he is better than he's cousin Austin Wonaemirri who played with Norwood last year and is now with Melbourne.

Good to see the club pick up a few Darwin boys this year!
Michael Gugliotta- 17/18 years old 193cm+, Should play down back or pinch hit in the ruck, Not very heavy for he's height, AIS Squad member as well.

Justin Wilson- No more than 180cm, Originally from QLD but played with Palmerston in the AFLNT this year, In and under player.

James Imbi- Not that tall again no more than 180cm, Originally from Mount Gambier but has played in Darwin for the past 3 years, Midfield type who finds the ball with ease.

Christian Schild- Ruckman, 194-196cm, 24 years old, Named Ruckman of the year this year in Darwin, God leap with a great work rate.

Roy Farmer- 18 years old, 170- 180cm, Lightning quick with great skills, Is a Tiwi Islander, I beleive he is better than he's cousin Austin Wonaemirri who played with Norwood last year and is now with Melbourne.

Actually James is from Portland, being playing in Darwin as well as playing for Portland.

It may be strange that a Victorian is posting on this particular board - and I don't intend to extract the urine, I actually want to get in touch with South supporters.

The parallels between my club (Melbourne) and South are spooky.

* The oldest clubs in their respective states
* MFC has won 12 flags, South 11 - but all of them won a LONG time ago
* Last flag won for both clubs - 1964
* Both clubs are a major source of frustration and heartache for their supporters - but we keep following them because we don't know any better, like the conditioned masochists we are

Am I being too presumptuous? Have I got some facts wrong? Enlighten me, Panthers supporters; I'm quite ignorant about the SANFL because, quite frankly, I've previously had no reason to be interested in it. But South fascinate me, and I'll be following their scores closely next year.

Any info you can give me would be much appreciated:thumbsu:

I know this is a long time after your first post but I've only just joined bigfooty. But... Does this sound like Melbourne...

If anything can go wrong before a match....it will.

When a crap free kick is given in front of goal for a team to win the match...it's always the other team gettin it.

If anything can go wrong during a match...it will

Has a goal umpire ever stepped out onto the field and shinned away
a certain goal, having it called play on, for your team to lose 3 seconds later by 3 points?

Has your team ever lost a preliminary final with a kick after the siren by the other team, and the field umpire allows the kick to be taken even though
hundreds of opposition supporters have flooded the goal square to prevent any of your players from getting a hand on it? (the kick was quite touchable and south would have won...but were again shafted by...everything)

Does every other club steal all your best players because they have always had more money?

Has your club provided the rest of the afl with the most quality ruckmen to ever come from one club (Lade, Brogan, Clarke, Doyle, Keating, Darcy,)

Was one third of the 97 98 on field crows premiership teams your team's players?...as well as the captain (Bickley, Goodwyn, Koster, Sampson, Smart, Keating)

Has your club ever had enough quality players to field two teams (at one stage I counted well over 20 south boys playing for various afl clubs)

Does everything turn to crap just when you think you're gettin on top of things?

Do you hate everything that wears black and white?

....I got hundreds more....

If any or some or most of these apply, then yep, the resemblance is certainly there.:)

I know this is a long time after your first post but I've only just joined bigfooty. But... Does this sound like Melbourne...

If anything can go wrong before a match....it will.

When a crap free kick is given in front of goal for a team to win the match...it's always the other team gettin it.

If anything can go wrong during a match...it will

Has a goal umpire ever stepped out onto the field and shinned away
a certain goal, having it called play on, for your team to lose 3 seconds later by 3 points?

Has your team ever lost a preliminary final with a kick after the siren by the other team, and the field umpire allows the kick to be taken even though
hundreds of opposition supporters have flooded the goal square to prevent any of your players from getting a hand on it? (the kick was quite touchable and south would have won...but were again shafted by...everything)

Does every other club steal all your best players because they have always had more money?

Has your club provided the rest of the afl with the most quality ruckmen to ever come from one club (Lade, Brogan, Clarke, Doyle, Keating, Darcy,)

Was one third of the 97 98 on field crows premiership teams your team's players?...as well as the captain (Bickley, Goodwyn, Koster, Sampson, Smart, Keating)

Has your club ever had enough quality players to field two teams (at one stage I counted well over 20 south boys playing for various afl clubs)

Does everything turn to crap just when you think you're gettin on top of things?

Do you hate everything that wears black and white?

....I got hundreds more....

If any or some or most of these apply, then yep, the resemblance is certainly there.:)

I don't know about it sounding like Melb. but it does sound like Westies.I've been following them since Jesus was a lad, and have seen them shafted countless times. Still........C'arn the BLOODS.

I don't know about it sounding like Melb. but it does sound like Westies.I've been following them since Jesus was a lad, and have seen them shafted countless times. Still........C'arn the BLOODS.

Ha ha ha ha. At least you guys have seen couple...(few?) premierships in the past...let me see...44 YEARS!!!! I think I will be long dead before the Panthers win another one. Nevertheless, go you Panthers.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to all you panther knockers.....if any of you were at the game sunday you would now have to admit that sth adelaide are a changed team! I'm not saying that they'll get there this season, but the hunger and passion is returning. Thanks to Jack and new leadership and commitment from the team (not the cheque book), I feel the culture has turned....:thumbsu:

I hope their supporters get behind them now and make some noise.

to all you panther knockers.....if any of you were at the game sunday you would now have to admit that sth adelaide are a changed team! I'm not saying that they'll get there this season, but the hunger and passion is returning. Thanks to Jack and new leadership and commitment from the team (not the cheque book), I feel the culture has turned....:thumbsu:

Ha ha ha ha breath breath ha ha ha ha!
You're kidding right? have you forgotten the win over Port in the 2006 finals?? Don't let last years 'refusal to play' led by people that are still at the club blind you!
Culture turned? Wait and see how many are crying that Jack's past it and needs to be sacked in July 2009! One thing about South, the culture NEVER changes. Last year there was a chance to do that, instead the club chose to back the people doing the knifing and being underhanded. That is the reason why so many top players left the club...they didn't want to be playing with the same blokes that caused all of the problems. Truth is, if the management had some balls and made the hard call or the selfish players didn't knife the coach, your beloved Panthers would not only have been a big chance last year, they would be one of the favourites this year. Instead you're celebrating a win over Glenelg. How sad.

Wow after one game? It takes a lot more to change about that rabble club from down south.. by all reports Glenelg were pretty ordinary and the jury is still out on them anyway. Wait until you play (and win) a few more games before you started to rip into those who knock south.

HAI! Im Jayke! I was wotching the Adelaide Souths Cougers for 2 seasons, may favorite new player is Andy Ottens, Brad Ottens uncle who is the ogfather of my sister Rick. I loves football!

Whoops I dont mean to sound excited or anything.......but was that another weak win we just had......fancy getting enthusiastic over beating pathetic port....I'll just have to wait until we get up over someone worth mentioning :D.......:rolleyes:

OK....we did play crap! The difference is that the "old sth adelaide" would have hung their heads and lost that game by 10 gls.

That is 3 out of 3! Why isn't anyone laughing? Posting on BF isn't any fun when there's noone taking the p..s out of ya. :D

Go you mighty panthers.

Was down at Noarlunga on satday...thought I could smell something weird...South Adelaide showing some fight? Nah...Choco was just sitting behind me!

But great win for the lads, not great footy but a great win.

Good to see Sammy Elliott playing consistent footy, good bloke too. Needs to work on disposal a bit but he can find the pill like a raver at a pendulum show.

Agree bout Elliott...in for a good season I feel, as is Turner and Boyd. Great to see the local lads been given a chance to show themselves! Jack showing some faith in the boys and getting them set for the future of sth adel. ;)

Think everyones skill level and disposals were very ordinary on Sat. only guts and determination got them over the line, oh and fitness, that they lacked the last few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

South Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back