South and Central America

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking of going to Latin America next year, going from Brazil across to Brazil then up to Costa Rica then to Mexico.

Anyone got any tips for it?

Are you white? Be very careful - tourist kidnapping for ransom is still very prevalent in South American countries. And seeing as you will amongst mostly brown skinned people, you will be an easy target to spot. At least take a GPS with you.

Secondly, if you are one of those pervs who are going over for a bit of latino booty, be careful also. It's well known that half the people of those types of nations are trannies.

6a00d8354f1fb569e2013485452b4d970c-pi

Just came back from 8 months in Mexico. Mostly in Baja Sur. Safe as houses. Safer at midnight there then daytime at most places in Australia.

Just avoid Tijuanna, Cancun and Cabo San Lucas. Very American resort towns. For Americans who think they've gone 'overseas'.

Im keen to head over there for 2014 World Cup. Want to hit up Argentina, Peru, maybe Venezuela too. Outside the world cup, I mainly want to visit Machu Piccu. Looks incredible :thumbsu:

Are you white? Be very careful - tourist kidnapping for ransom is still very prevalent in South American countries. And seeing as you will amongst mostly brown skinned people, you will be an easy target to spot. At least take a GPS with you.

Secondly, if you are one of those pervs who are going over for a bit of latino booty, be careful also. It's well known that half the people of those types of nations are trannies.

White people have caused more trouble in history than all the browns combined.

I wanna visit Colombia, Peru and Argentina. Infact, if I ever got enough money together I'd like to go to all the Spanish speaking countries in South and Central America.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I can manage it next year, I'm hoping to do a whirlwind 8wk trip to Chile ( SCL return flights ex MEL via SYD), Ecuador (Galapagos) and Peru (Inca Trail). How are everyone else's plans developing?

what an ignorant post.

SA is freakin' awesome. Had the time of my life there recently

Anyone been to the Rio Carnival? If so how easy is it to get accommodation around that time in both Rio and Brazil in general? I'm assuming this is their busiest period?

Anyone been to the Rio Carnival? If so how easy is it to get accommodation around that time in both Rio and Brazil in general? I'm assuming this is their busiest period?

it's quite difficult and incredibly expensive.

Your best option is to get a few people together rent a house or an apartment, which also gives you the option of cooking your own food.

Am in central america right now in guatemala. It is amazing, and ´supposedly´the most dangerous country here, but i havent felt unsafe at all yet. Same with mexico and belize. We drove through guatemala city the other day and that was dodgy, but you pretty much wanna fully avoid any big city in central america. My mates and I have bought a van and are driving it through to panama and then sailing the san blas islands to cartagena colombia, to continue all the way down to argentina. Central america is seriously overlooked by australians and it is the best place i have been in the last 6 months of travelling, which includes a fair bit of europe and the states.

Remove this Banner Ad

South and Central America

Remove this Banner Ad

Back