Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve heard he got a big ban but it doesn’t count to his 16 weeks total. Yerp you read that correctly. Joke.
Club suspension apparently
AFL were happy with that 😮😮

Not sure if the kid from Hobart has pulled the boots on again since?

Hobart should go to the press. Guarantee he will be done for good then.
They won’t do that the SFL helped them a fair bit get back on their feet.

Same way the press should be onto them allowing a club to owe almost 20k to the league.. too many mates in high places

Bloke from Brighton was telling me that Lindisfarne owed 18k but it’s likely more than that now.

Seems to be a pretty consistent rumor but who knows
I thought they had a good sponsor, fella from Nujet that kicked in a heap of coin every year?
They do pay a heap in council rates to CCC to use the ground every year, up around $18k Trinder told me one day. Stupid they have to pay that much for such a shocking ground that doesn't even have a fence around it to charge people entry.

Club suspension apparently
AFL were happy with that 😮😮

Not sure if the kid from Hobart has pulled the boots on again since?
Found out from Hobart FC what the story was. A racial slur was directed by the NN player towards a HFC player. This was not heard by the umpires (but everyone else did). HFC made a complaint post match to the league but before the league could (did) act NN internally suspended the player which the league accepted as an appropriate punishment. The NN player avoids a league suspension and subsequently avoids permanent expulsion from the league.

Big news coming out of the seniors final on the weekend between Cygnet and Lindisfarne.
Footage in the second quarter shows Cygnet player Lachy Watt strike a Lindisfarne player to the abdomen dropping him to the ground.
Apparently the SFL tribunal are currently looking at the vision and he might be in trouble missing the grand final in two weeks time.

“Half of Lauderdale going there with him” is what my source told me too.

Christ, HFC must have some coin to be able to go on a spending spree like this so soon after the costly bust that was Operation Gilmour and friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been told a lot of stuff has been swept under the carpet at Lauderdale with stuff Allen has being doing and he's basically been showed the door, unsure if true or not.

^ Wouldn't have thought they would be able to just go out signing up players from Lauderdale willy nilly given the points system? Am I missing something?
Mind you, when your senior B&F winner is approaching 50 years old and has been going around for 30 years it says something for the rest of the list. Maybe they need to go out and do that a bit.
Was talking to one of their blokes in the master fools the other week and he told me just how dire things were up there, that he'd played both days on the weekend and they'd been ringing around all week to just fill two teams for the Saturday most weeks. Can't keep doing that every year its pointless.

Big news coming out of the seniors final on the weekend between Cygnet and Lindisfarne.
Footage in the second quarter shows Cygnet player Lachy Watt strike a Lindisfarne player to the abdomen dropping him to the ground.
Apparently the SFL tribunal are currently looking at the vision and he might be in trouble missing the grand final in two weeks time.
Imagine the "Huon Cry" if he gets rubbed out.
The city slickers are trying to stop us sob sob!
Never met a more pious lot.

^ Wouldn't have thought they would be able to just go out signing up players from Lauderdale willy nilly given the points system? Am I missing something?
Mind you, when your senior B&F winner is approaching 50 years old and has been going around for 30 years it says something for the rest of the list. Maybe they need to go out and do that a bit.
Was talking to one of their blokes in the master fools the other week and he told me just how dire things were up there, that he'd played both days on the weekend and they'd been ringing around all week to just fill two teams for the Saturday most weeks. Can't keep doing that every year its pointless.
Been happening for years that the reserves have been relying on masters players for them to get a team on the park each Saturday.

Maybe they need to move on their president Josh Munting? Went up and watched a couple games this year and he seems like an awkward bloke that's hard to hold a conversation with, have been told by multiple people that he kept sliding stuff under the carpet with Alex Gilmour and had plenty of chances to show him the door but didn't have the balls to do it, I spoke to an ex Hobart players father up at the tca a couple months back and he mentioned that his son and about 5 or so of his mates (all ex senior players at the club) had reached out to Munting during the off season about wanting to come back and play but Munting never followed up, seems weird considering their lack of numbers and talent that seems to be up there.

It makes you wonder how much longer the club will survive, they barely get a crowd these days and the lack of people helping out around the club is quite concerning, if these rumours of Bundy and his teammates coming on board are true then that could be the last nail in the coffin for Hobart, the club only just survived when everyone Gilmour brang to the club left, all these Lauderdale blokes coming for a quick $ and then leaving will kill the club, need blokes that want to play for the club, not a quick 2 year fix.

Been happening for years that the reserves have been relying on masters players for them to get a team on the park each Saturday.

Maybe they need to move on their president Josh Munting? Went up and watched a couple games this year and he seems like an awkward bloke that's hard to hold a conversation with, have been told by multiple people that he kept sliding stuff under the carpet with Alex Gilmour and had plenty of chances to show him the door but didn't have the balls to do it, I spoke to an ex Hobart players father up at the tca a couple months back and he mentioned that his son and about 5 or so of his mates (all ex senior players at the club) had reached out to Munting during the off season about wanting to come back and play but Munting never followed up, seems weird considering their lack of numbers and talent that seems to be up there.

It makes you wonder how much longer the club will survive, they barely get a crowd these days and the lack of people helping out around the club is quite concerning, if these rumours of Bundy and his teammates coming on board are true then that could be the last nail in the coffin for Hobart, the club only just survived when everyone Gilmour brang to the club left, all these Lauderdale blokes coming for a quick $ and then leaving will kill the club, need blokes that want to play for the club, not a quick 2 year fix.
It starts with the Juniors. Sandy Bay and NH have 300+ kids while Hobart has about 30, with nothing over u8s.
The club is run by people who mean well but have no idea how to run a football club.

In fairness to Munting, why didn’t these handful of guys just turn up to training if they wanted to play for the club?! Why does the President have to lay out the welcome mat?

In fairness to Munting, why didn’t these handful of guys just turn up to training if they wanted to play for the club?! Why does the President have to lay out the welcome mat?
From what I was told was a few of them were looking for a new club and Munting was told this and said their recruiting bloke Vince would reach out to them but failed to do so and then other clubs recruited them.

But wouldn't you think him having good relationships with ex players of the club then reach out to those players and put the feelers out?

I'm not sure what's going on up there but from what I've heard it's not good, the game I attended reserves players were all leaving after the game and not supporting the seniors and then den after the game was empty, sad to see this happening to a club with such rich history.

^ I think Lindisfarne'll do em on North Hobart by about 3 goals. Be a good game though.

That said, the SFL is very stale.
In the past 15+ years every grand final has had either had Lindisfarne, Huonville, Cygnet, New Norfolk or for a brief period, Claremont in it.
People have lost interest generally.

Re: Colts. Premier league will have them.
Not sure if there'll be enough teams in the regional league to keep it going once Brighton move up although I did hear a rumour one club had signed about 15-20 players up already intending to field a team next year but didn't catch who it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back