Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With you there on the seniors Gersman. Lindisfarne’s best is the best in comp, just a matter of whether they can bring it for long enough to match the consistent Port, I think they can.

What are your thoughts on the other two games.

Huonville have had one hand on the cup since round 1, can’t see them being troubled.

Reserves is where it gets interesting I think.
Looks like Sorell dropped 4 guys back from their losing senior elimination final side for the reserves semi final a fortnight ago, yet only 2 of those 4 played last week in the preliminary final.

My understanding was that once you were eliminated in a senior final, that 22 could no longer drop back to play reserves even if they had played enough games to qualify during regular season. Perhaps rules have changed or the league are not doing their due diligence.

Lindisfarne reserves are apparently not happy with the result from the semi final given the illegal side that Sorell put on the park but the powers that be told them the result stands and nothing can be done about it except to eliminate the illegal players for the rest of the finals series - yet 2 continued to play on v Huonville on Saturday.

Looks like there has been two tough battles between Sorell and Brighton so far this year but also hard to tell how close both sides were to full strength in either matchup.

Crowd will be largely favouring Brighton after talking to a couple of players from other clubs the last few weeks and potentially a fair few of Brighton’s older brigade hanging up the boots with a flag given the move to the premier league next year.

Wouldn't matter if it's under the cap or not, Hobart love the old half cash half bank transfer stuff.

I think Brighton should get the chocolate's with McGee and McCarthy back in, McGee would have to be one of the most underrated footballers in the sfl, Ive rarely seen him get beaten in a one on one contest, was stiff not to win an association b&f a few years back, was flying in the voting before coach Beck called him up to the seniors.

Seniors could be anyone's game, I reckon it all comes down to the weather this week, north Hobart oval suits lindisfarnes hard runners though, expecting a high scoring game.

Everyone's predictions for tomorrow?

Looks like it might be a little wet and cold tomorrow and I think that favours Cygnet, tight, tough game with lots of stoppages, if the rain holds off I think it could be a high scoring game, cygnet by 11 for me.

In the reserves Brighton have obviously been the team to beat, only losing the one game for the year which was to Sorell who they meet in the grand final tomorrow, apart from Brighton putting huge scores on the bad few teams this year they haven't been scoring that well, I've said all week Brighton should win and I'd love to see their club stalwarts In the McCarthy brothers, Robottom and Collis get some success but I'm going to go Sorell by 3 in a very low scoring game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back