Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who have they lost from their men’s side?

And please don’t mention reserves players that have been announced at other clubs.
They’ll keep most of there senior side but as it stands there gonna struggle to field a reserves and women’s side which isn’t a good look considering this move up was Brighton driven

I'm hearing Brighton have kept most of their seniors but their reserves a lot have knicked off elsewhere. No idea on colts.
Can easily see this being just like the old premier league all over again being cannon fodder.
What a boneheaded idea to put their womens team into the premier league!
SFL have made a lot of dopey decisions over the years, and that's another one.
BVK bench coaching Claremont won't end well.
Wasn't very good at Uni and won't improve them much at all either.

I'm hearing Brighton have kept most of their seniors but their reserves a lot have knicked off elsewhere. No idea on colts.
Can easily see this being just like the old premier league all over again being cannon fodder.
What a boneheaded idea to put their womens team into the premier league!
SFL have made a lot of dopey decisions over the years, and that's another one.
BVK bench coaching Claremont won't end well.
Wasn't very good at Uni and won't improve them much at all either.
I blame Scott Wade

Could possibly get ex dees players? Watts, grimes Maloney? Or is Maloney still coaching up in qld?

bvk was announced today by uni, will get snapped up quick no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could possibly get ex dees players? Watts, grimes Maloney? Or is Maloney still coaching up in qld?

Maloney still in qld I think

Maybe Brighton should go hard for BVK. Has good pull with players in the ODFA. Could help boost numbers ????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Womens footy needs to be removed from the SFL and run by itself with its own teams and own administration.
The SFL is way too top heavy and has been a total mess since it was rushed in by Ogilvie when she was in charge of the league.
They had a simple seniors, reserves and colts competition which was pretty straightforward to run but were terrible at promoting it properly and its been on the down hill slide for more than a decade.
Now there's christ knows how many womens teams and they're all demanding full attention and it's detracted even further from the main SFL competition IMO.
A lot of clubs went full on bringing in womens teams and put too much attention into that and it has been to the further detriment of senior team performances for a lot of them.
Cygnet and Huonville seem to have done ok with it, Lindisfarne did for a short time but the rest - nup.
The other issue is that the SFL doesn't appear to have the manpower to run even a three grade comp let alone a five or six with all the dramas with womens footy that they have every year.

I blame Scott Wade

The truth is if Hobart and New Norfolk were a shadow of what they were 20+ years ago, Brighton would never have even got a look in.
As it is, they only got accepted this time because they had new clubrooms and changerooms.
Certainly wasn't because of any onfield form at all, the league was just desperate to find any team that wanted to step up so they had enough teams for a premier comp!

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back