madpie

Team Captain
Apr 4, 2006
Football scrap heap
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sacred heart
Does anyone know what going on in the southern football league??.
Who are the sides to beat,who are the gun recruits not much is said about this league

ifyoucandodgeawrench said:
Teams to beat are:
Balwyn
East Brighton
Clayton - Thugs
Chelsea Heights

Gun players..
Victor Currie - Clayton
East Brighton - Hislop
Damien Costante - Chelease Heights
Currie is at Noble Park this year, will be a good pick up for Noble Park.

Teams to beat are:
Balwyn
East Brighton
Clayton - Thugs
Chelsea Heights

Gun players..
Victor Currie - Clayton
East Brighton - Hislop

If Chelsea heights is a team to beat then the standard of SFL is quite poor. Sale gave them a touch up in praccies, 2 years in a row now.

ST Pauls are the chokers of the league. East Brighton have lost most of their grand final list from 2005 and still managed to beat them at home on the weekend. Even when east brighton were struggling they have always had the
wood on them.

Talking to Suzz last night after our very poor game and he was saying that he won't play again, so East has just lost a leader. Heard that Kid kicked a bag about time cause he hasn't done it for a while and should do it with what he's on. Funny that he would tell me himself.

Gotta say that we played our worst in a while, our talls didn't do a lot, our midfeild tried all day, but our fittness showed out in the end.

Im The Gun said:
Talking to Suzz last night after our very poor game and he was saying that he won't play again, so East has just lost a leader. Heard that Kid kicked a bag about time cause he hasn't done it for a while and should do it with what he's on. Funny that he would tell me himself.

Gotta say that we played our worst in a while, our talls didn't do a lot, our midfeild tried all day, but our fittness showed out in the end.

Mate im the GUN! I own this Turf!

balwyn with dominate D1
tooronga in D2
black rock in D3

danny cassett in D3 from parkmore in gettin 600 a game and apparantly mcdonald from melbourne is getting a bit also

No-one in that league is worth six hundred let alone D3 isn't Parkmore the side that was struggling last year to get players and all of a sudden they are throwing around moneylike that how does that work. Especially with those low blokes who belted the kid's umpire what kind of people do the breed out there. Are the Rockers a good chance for the flag in D3 this year. Who will get promoted to first divisin will springy districs ever get there seems they have been close for years but just can't seem to manage it. Also will anyone get near Balwyn during the home and away season we all know they can turn it up in the finals but still a very strong and successful side. Last but not least how are city going heard they nearly got this gun from the bush but fu@@@ed off with there money. Any truth to that. If this player had of played i believe he would win the comp medal in a hand full of games.

yeh anyway cassest 600/800 whatever it is include paying out is 8000 contract at doveton doves. they have gone crazy with money, black rock has several newplayers many from east brighton coming with ass. coach challis and steve anderson is all class.

looks like being a long season for new mordy coach aaron martello i think the combined seniors and reserves loses totaled 71 goals can anyone see them winning a game

gazza12 said:
looks like being a long season for new mordy coach aaron martello i think the combined seniors and reserves loses totaled 71 goals can anyone see them winning a game
21 listed players this year doesn't sound good. Hopefully they'll pull the pin before we play them ;) I'll get the day off and be able to party for my b'day.

The new coach walked into the first traing and said "whoever is a paid player, thinks they will be paid this year can :D:D:D:D off now" 30 blokes then left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crickey said:
No-one in that league is worth six hundred let alone D3 isn't Parkmore the side that was struggling last year to get players and all of a sudden they are throwing around moneylike that how does that work. Especially with those low blokes who belted the kid's umpire what kind of people do the breed out there. Are the Rockers a good chance for the flag in D3 this year. Who will get promoted to first divisin will springy districs ever get there seems they have been close for years but just can't seem to manage it. Also will anyone get near Balwyn during the home and away season we all know they can turn it up in the finals but still a very strong and successful side. Last but not least how are city going heard they nearly got this gun from the bush but fu@@@ed off with there money. Any truth to that. If this player had of played i believe he would win the comp medal in a hand full of games.

A lot of these D2 sides throw the cash around to push for D2 and then D1.
I'll tell you now, in this league it's not money that'll get you into D1, it's the kids that come through.
When we won the D2 flag in 04 we had 10 players that had played under 17 at the club, 8 of them came up from the 15's. We had 2 returning players who had played there as kids but played higher grades (VFL).
Highett has never thrown the check book around, City did that for years to stay up, when they won the flag and then dropped out within 2 years it was because of player payments.

In the last 3 years Highett has spent more on the club rooms than players, last year we had a gym installed (thanks to the cricket side for ****ing that up), they spent $5000 of footballs so we had new balls at each training.

The reason why Balwyn can do so well year after year is because there is a bloke at the club who owns a whore house, He throws $1000's at the players, coaches and who ever needs cash, yet look at the club rooms, you can't get a drink, you can't move in the rooms (both home & away) & the ground is s***house.

Teams to beat are:
Balwyn
East Brighton
Clayton - Thugs
Chelsea Heights

Gun players..
Victor Currie - Clayton
East Brighton - Hislop
Aren't you forgetting Black Rock superstar Brett Millar in that list? Kicked five from CHF on saturday, uses his ridulously large posterior to great effect. He is also very ugly.

Teams to beat are:
Balwyn
East Brighton
Clayton - Thugs
Chelsea Heights

Gun players..
Victor Currie - Clayton
East Brighton - Hislop
I think after rounds 1 & 2, Chelsea Heights can be removed from the top 4 sides in the comp, and Cheltenham can replace them.

Chelt have picked up almost a new team full of classy players.

I think you have all over looked the best player in the competition by a mile.

Ben Cranage - Balwyn (the bloke is an absolute freak), his brother Sam will be pretty handy as well.

Mudflap said:
Anyone have any info on how St Kilda City are travelling?
Won on the weekend, but beat a very under manned side.

Heard they got a lot of new players from the bush, could be a danger side this year..

Just saw this on the goal kickers in Divi 2
Goalkicking: Div 2 Reserves
22-Apr-2006
9 Michael Jordan Oakleigh District (9)

Great to see the great man back playing sport ;)

St Kilda City will be bottom 3 this year....no threat at all.

They will start a fight with just about every team they play.

Balwyn will win the flag by a long way...then it will be Clayton & Cheltenham then distance to St Pauls & East Brighton.

Tripod said:
Aren't you forgetting Black Rock superstar Brett Millar in that list? Kicked five from CHF on saturday, uses his ridulously large posterior to great effect. He is also very ugly.

Has anybody seen this Miller bloke? Is he the guy that looks like a cross between E.T. and Shrek? Some say he came from a pretty good league up north but he hasn't shown much class yet here i don't think. Apparantly he struggled to play senior footy up north due to injuries.

yeh he is that bloke

playing strong football

fitness is at a high

seems injury free

Remove this Banner Ad

southern football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back