Spaceship Poodle

Remove this Banner Ad

First Album: Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
First Concert: Jimmy Barnes

The first album I bought with my own money, I think, was probably a second-hand 'best of' the Doors.

AC/DC at Etihad back in 2010 was the first concert I went to.

First album: :D

1750609.jpg

First concert, I can't remember. Growing up in Launceston in the early 70s, we got **** all in the way of shows. It was either Melanie Safka (who was excellent) at the Princess Theatre or Sherbet (which was one band which made the effort to get to Tassie in those days) at the Albert Hall. I think it was Sherbet, which was 1975, Melanie may have been later.

The Sherbet one was interesting. They recorded the King of Pop awards in Melbourne on the day of the show. Their plane to Launceston either got fogged in at Melbourne or fogged out of Launceston (can't remember) and couldn't make it there on time. The support act played, and played and played. And played some more. Sherbet finally caught their flight and got on stage at 12.20am - finishing around 2.00am. True professionals.

Last edited:
First Album : No Exit by The Angels

First concert could be either of two AC/DC concerts depending on your interpretation. They played at my local shopping centre in either '75 or '76 on a tiny stage out the front of the Brashs store as a young kid I didn't appreciate what I was seeing, I know they were frigging loud. In '81 they played at the Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne, turned into absolute mayhem, terrifying for a 12 year old. I saw them again at the Tennis Centre when it first opened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First Concert: First proper concert I ever went to was Roger Waters on the Dark Side of the Moon Live tour which was insane. Definitely felt very out of place sitting next to all the oldies (since I was only about 12 at the time) but absolutely incredible to be able to see him live. And then in 2012 went to go see him again in The Wall tour which was also incredible! The projections on the wall as well as the theatrics was pretty awesome.

First Album: Can't quite remember what it was but I have a feeling it was Continuum by John Mayer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Spaceship Poodle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back