Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
marcus ashcroft will be on afl trade radio tomorrow. so we should have answers by tomorrow

Am I missing something? I just don't get the non-chalant attitude to this - especially to losing our quite good coach.
For me, it's just resigning to the fact that the decision has been made. To me, Bluey is the type of coach that could move on elsewhere at one of the other 17 clubs without an issues - he's got the quality. But the internal issues that are (rumoured to be) occurring at the moment worries me.

If Bluey stays beyond this year, we're looking at multiple key players that we've spent a heap of time developing, walking from the club. I'm not talking fringe players, either.

With that in mind, I'm 99% sure that Bluey will be gone and absolutely staggered if he was kept on. It's not a matter of his Coaching abilities unfortunately, or he'd be kept on. As darkwingduck mentioned, he's improved every year. It's just that he has well and truly lost a lot of players, both young and old. That's why he will be moved on. If Bomber isn't available, we'll probably move onto the others available. Bolton, Dew or Bassett.
Real shame. Looking back at the the 2014 season, it reminds me of tigernova 's NO GARY NO GOLD COAST posts. I always thought that the players lacked motivation due to no Gary, but it seems now the players lost motivation due to losing faith in the coach. This kind of thing doesn't really come as a decision, but more of a gradual progression. I guess without Gary, Bluey had no control.

Not overly happy about this. I'll go in to more detail later, but it's really not the players position to decide who they want coaching them.
I completely agree mate. Players shouldn't have any control about who coaches them, nor should they have any input into whether a coach is sacked (as rumoured to have happened with AFC). But if the board were able to pinpoint our terrible results at the end of the 2014 season with a lack of faith in the coach, I can't think of anything else they could do to resolve the situation unfortunately.

There hasnt been many cases where a coach has been sacked before being deemed successful and then gets another gig.

I think Ratten could be that bloke. As mentioned in this thread, he has been at the Hawks for the last two years and will have fine tuned under Clarkson and probably is responsible for alot that is going incredibly right down there.

Moved Carlton up the ladder into finals from an awful position but the charisma and charm of Mick was able to come over the top of some of Ratts dissapointing losses in his last year.

Bomber is VERY Essendon. Looks smug in his reputation. Let him knock on your door a bit before looking at him. Blight might know something about the perils of persuading a coach to come to you without them showing the enthusiasm of a bloke looking for that prime opportunity at a club.

Bloody great gig though. Alot of blokes in the country would chew their arm off for a chance to start or resume their coaching with the Suns next year.

If this is player driven then I'm a little surprised Blight is letting it happen. The first thing he did when he got the Adelaide coaching job was to get rid of the senior players that forced the club to sack the previous coach Robert Shaw.

Yeah this is taking entirely too long, and starting to reflect poorly on the rest of the organization. If this delay isn't based around getting Bomber and we just end up with someone that isn't a clear step up from Bluey, this whole thing was a waste of time.

Be honest, if Guy is given the boot and Bomber isn't announced as the coach, how many of you will be disappointed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah this is taking entirely too long, and starting to reflect poorly on the rest of the organization. If this delay isn't based around getting Bomber and we just end up with someone that isn't a clear step up from Bluey, this whole thing was a waste of time.
When was the last time a club announced a review into the performance of a coach and his team only for nothing to have happened two weeks later? Seems strange to me. Genuinely interested if this is normal and this is just focussed on by the media more than others, or whether this is 'new'.

When was the last time a club announced a review into the performance of a coach and his team only for nothing to have happened two weeks later? Seems strange to me. Genuinely interested if this is normal and this is just focussed on by the media more than others, or whether this is 'new'.
Either Bluey gets the boot or gets an extension. Would be madness just to announce that absolutely nothing has come out of the review.

Be honest, if Guy is given the boot and Bomber isn't announced as the coach, how many of you will be disappointed?

I'll be disappointed because if that was the case, there's nothing that was preventing us from firing Bluey and getting that other guy in here quickly if we weren't getting someone who's won flags. If Bluey needs to go because he can't get 100% out of the players, then by all means let him go. But don't be the last team in the league to have their coaching situation figured out.

Why would Bluey get an extension, given he was awarded one at the end of last year?
There's only 2 possible outcomes from this review; Guy is either the right man to take the Suns forward, or he is not. There's no middle ground where they let Guy coach for his life next year. If they back in Guy, they'll do so with a new deal.

There's only 2 possible outcomes from this review; Guy is either the right man to take the Suns forward, or he is not. There's no middle ground where they let Guy coach for his life next year. If they back in Guy, they'll do so with a new deal.
But he might not be the best person next year, why would they extend Bluey especially if they can get Woosha?

But he might not be the best person next year, why would they extend Bluey especially if they can get Woosha?
It would be poor form by the club to string Guy along just to keep the seat warm for Worsfold. Doubt Woosh would be down for that considering Guy is a premiership team mate of his.

Worsfold was mentally shot when he resigned. Doubt he would be ready yet to make a return. Probably having a very relaxed time making decent money being a pharmacist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back