Home & Garden Spiders can get ****ed

Remove this Banner Ad

Spotted this in my bathroom recently, lucky from a distance which safely enabled me to prepare for whatever it turned out to be when I made my approach. The thought of finding another in more of a surprise encounter has me sometimes uneasy at bedtime.

uploadfromtaptalk1460546756326.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Spotted this in my bathroom recently, lucky from a distance which safely enabled me to prepare for whatever it turned out to be when I made my approach. The thought of finding another in more of a surprise encounter has me sometimes uneasy at bedtime.

View attachment 235313

Wtf a scorpion, where do u live? :s

View attachment 235313

is that a southern?

angry little campaigners

is that a southern?

angry little campaigners
Yeah, I'm pretty confident of the identification after some googling. This one I'm having a bit of trouble with. Any ideas?

7d4f8367f65c03c2a2cc87ee0d57e320.jpg

Spiders, snakes, cockroaches barely raise a mention with me. Seriously what is wrong with people? Are you that soft?

BUT if I ever see a mouse/rat in my vicinity all bets are off. I am moving to the next suburb/state/country/universe where they have been bred out of existence.
If you have mice and you live in a warm area you probably have snakes too. anyone from northern australia should not go under their house unless they're in ned kelly's armour suit. As for spiders, it's more that they come out of nowhere

If you have mice and you live in a warm area you probably have snakes too. anyone from northern australia should not go under their house unless they're in ned kelly's armour suit. As for spiders, it's more that they come out of nowhere

Am looking at a Huntsman now in the corner. Literally cbf dealing with now. If it was a rat however I am checking my wallet/phone and scrambling for a hotel room/place to sleep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am looking at a Huntsman now in the corner. Literally cbf dealing with now. If it was a rat however I am checking my wallet/phone and scrambling for a hotel room/place to sleep.
Huntsmen don't give much of a shit. If it was a white-tail i'd **** it up without fail. Rats and mice can gagf too

Spiders, snakes, cockroaches barely raise a mention with me. Seriously what is wrong with people? Are you that soft?

BUT if I ever see a mouse/rat in my vicinity all bets are off. I am moving to the next suburb/state/country/universe where they have been bred out of existence.

But mice are so darn cute :hearts: :) (Rats... not so cute).

Spiders are fine, I have no qualms with dealing with them and will usually leave the huntsmen alone if they take up residence somewhere other than the bedroom. Cockroaches are just disgusting, not scary though.

Snakes are the only things I am really wary of because they are so venomous and when we lived in the country they used to slither through the grass all around the place - now they move fast!

Last edited:
White Tails eat other spiders. They are your friends.

Not as venomous as reputation suggests either; but apparently there is a bacteria found on their fangs that will eat the hell out of your flesh.

Not as venomous as reputation suggests either; but apparently there is a bacteria found on their fangs that will eat the hell out of your flesh.
Yeah, I got bitten by one. Bloody hurts.

My bite got infected and at its worst the bite area had a massive stinging sensation where it was that sore I had to go to the doctors.

Very true. An old work mate of mine lost the tips of four fingers and has had numerous operations on her heart and/or surrounding arteries as a result of white tail bacteria

Flesh eating bacteria? Yeah, not my friends.

****, that's crook. How long did it take her to get treatment?

Not sure, it went on for quite a while. Surprisingly, she never appeared to get terribly crook, like never missed more than a couple weeks at a time off work, and seems pretty ok now

Not entirely true. The bacteria can be as a result of what they have eaten, the bacteria isn't necessarily found on their fangs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Home & Garden Spiders can get ****ed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back