Sponsors abandoning the good ship Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we would ask questions and expect honest answers Bunk. Cmon man Shhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeiiiit

And we aren't? You'd have to be either delusional or simply on the bigfooty EFC hate campaign to think Essendon supporters don't want answers and simply want this covered up.

We were 2nd on the ladder before this round, yet I have not enjoyed one bit of footy this year. That and every 2nd opposition supporter telling you you're a drug cheat.

Anyone who sponsors the essendon football club should be boycotted

to be honest I wasn't going to buy a Kia as everyone knows that Hyundai make the best cars

If WADA appeal its because they don't believe the AFL anti doping code has been applied correctly. Remember, they signed off on this code.

Don't think it works that way

If they don't think that the AFL have applied the code the right way they will step in.

Please

Even if Essenon are cleared they will still be drug cheats.

Wow, thought you were talking about Essendon for a minute there.

BTW, nice to know that in your eyes anyone who is investigated of anything untoward is guilty, no matter the results. Very mature and intelligent position to take :thumbsu:

Yeah mate, it's only the East Germans, the Chinese, and Essendon that dope!!

We're all snow white except for them!!

Citing the cheating German and Chinese Olympians of yesteryear as a means to defend your own club's practices?

Oh how the mighty moral crusaders have fallen.

Why, it was not so long ago that some people claimed moral indignation over sketch comedy:

What was intended doesn't matter in any way. What matters is how it's perceived. Whether or not they intended to cause offence isn't relevant. What's relevent is that it was offensive to large sections of the community, not to mention sponsors.

Hmmm yes. What matters is how it is perceived, and whether people are offended, you say?

I wonder how much public perception matters to you now, old chap.

Presumably Hird takes no responsibility for the loss of sponsorship.

Loss of what sponsorship exactly? Someone wrote it on the interwebz so it must be true?

You "know" absolutely jack shit.

You, and every douchbag on this forum, change your minds and stories with every new piece of info that is released in the media!

And yet, the media have changed their minds and stories... how many times throughout this whole saga?

Just last week, Essendon were getting off.

This week, we're all getting suspended for 2 years.

The whole lot of you are laughable.

I'm going to do as I said I would at the start of this saga - wait for the investigation results. If Hird is found to have instigated wide-spread and deliberate doping at the club, then I'll be with the rest of you in calling him a disgrace to football.
You mad at the World ? I would be mad at my club if they put me in your position .

Sorry lads, doesn't matter how truthy you feel it should be. The code is there in black and white. Do you see anything about out of or in comp?

If not, don't bitch to me about it. The code is the code is the code *shrugs*

You signed to the WADA code you are bound by it. AFL won't have alot to do with if penalities (if guilty) are considered inadequate. Even the WADA boss has said if he isn't happy with the penalities WADA will appeal it. You know why they could appeal it....because than can. You know jacksh1t about the WADA code and how it applies.

Didn't help VFL player Matthew Clarke. got 9 months from the VFL Tribunal, ASADA appealed now he serves 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back