Competition SpudQoach™ Season 35 - Congratulations sausageroll !!

Remove this Banner Ad

big-lebowski-you-said-it-man.gif

After a SpudQoach™ hiatus, The Jesus has triumphantly returned.

13. The Jesus - 772.8

Conspiracy theorist and TiF integrity doubter The Jesus has long played a significant role in keeping the SpudQoach™ competition accountable, as well as providing timely and much welcomed melts over the stretch. The Jesus' modus operandi in selecting his squads over the years has been to pick a club he feels constitutes the most spudly going around, and in Season 35 on his return to the competition this time it is the Gumbies.

A strategy unlikely to ever win him the title, but an approach that encapsulates the spirit of the SpudQoach™ concept and makes the most of it, because if you're not potting someone with your selections, you're just doing it wrong.

So to take a closer look at Team Jesus...

Huzzah!
- CatToTheFuture - 39.6 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Falconista - 79.3 SpudQoach™ points

So, how? - A squad consisting almost entirely of one club is a tried and true SpudQoach™ method, great for the lulz and somewhat productive for results, however it does limit finding the absolute elite spuddery required to seriously contend. beez at skipper has backfired a tad here, yet low scoring spuds like CatToTheFuture & bone2468 have proved solid picks.

The Jesus, my man, looks like you're set for a mid table finish, and I personally look forward to your future melts come results time. The SpudQoach™ competition is always better with The Jesus. :praying:

big-lebowski-you-said-it-man.gif

After a SpudQoach™ hiatus, The Jesus has triumphantly returned.

13. The Jesus - 772.8

Conspiracy theorist and TiF integrity doubter The Jesus has long played a significant role in keeping the SpudQoach™ competition accountable, as well as providing timely and much welcomed melts over the stretch. The Jesus' modus operandi in selecting his squads over the years has been to pick a club he feels constitutes the most spudly going around, and in Season 35 on his return to the competition this time it is the Gumbies.

A strategy unlikely to ever win him the title, but an approach that encapsulates the spirit of the SpudQoach™ concept and makes the most of it, because if you're not potting someone with your selections, you're just doing it wrong.

So to take a closer look at Team Jesus...

Huzzah!
- CatToTheFuture - 39.6 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Falconista - 79.3 SpudQoach™ points

So, how? - A squad consisting almost entirely of one club is a tried and true SpudQoach™ method, great for the lulz and somewhat productive for results, however it does limit finding the absolute elite spuddery required to seriously contend. beez at skipper has backfired a tad here, yet low scoring spuds like CatToTheFuture & bone2468 have proved solid picks.

The Jesus, my man, looks like you're set for a mid table finish, and I personally look forward to your future melts come results time. The SpudQoach™ competition is always better with The Jesus. :praying:
Ayanna Pressley GIF by GIPHY News

tumblr_nkeaqpV7Vb1terwlso1_250.gif

One of the league's lightest and brightest, Falconista looked to get his eye in during his first foray into the SpudQoach™ arena.

12. Falconista - 763.3

Newly installed Gumbies captain via hostile takeover, well that and the fact that he possesses at least the bare minimum level of aptitude required of the role... which sadly could not be said of his, in hindsight satirical predecessor. Mr Falcon has set himself apart from the pack as one of the good guys of the new Sweet FA generation and while good guys generally finish last (you're welcome Mrs TiF), Falconista surprisingly finds himself mid table at the halfway mark of the competition.

Joining his former captain and Gumbies spiritual leader Barrybran and also a Gumby DenieD as Qoaches amongst the SpudQoach™ ranks, for a first up effort the league's most dapper man has performed rather admirably in what is proving to be one of the most hotly contested editions in recent memory.

So let's peruse Team Falcon(ista)...

Huzzah!
- Chief - 23.9 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Elmer_Judd - 132.7 SpudQoach™ points

So, how? - The first Qoach to manage 3 players sub 40, one of which being skipper selection KohPhi, despite carrying 3 players north of 80 SpudQoach™ points overall he has compiled a reasonably competitive squad. The selection howler of the inexplicable two time All-SFA player Elmer_Judd proving a very costly selection indeed, one that has unfortunately pushed him right out of serious contention.

Falconista, a fine first up effort in a strong field, your crop has shown some glimpses of supreme SpudQoachery™ and after a sighter in Season 35, your future looks bright in the SpudQoach™ competition should you choose to once again roll up the sleeves and get those hands dirty.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

A keen SpudQoach™ follower, Grand Uncle Horace can rest easy for the remainder of the season knowing he's acquitted himself admirably in his third crack at the competition.

11. Grand Uncle Horace - 759.6

The league's most adored octogenarian, Uncle Horry rounds out the bottom half of the draw in this season's edition of SpudQoach™. Having previously registered scores beyond 1000 SpudQoach™ points in his two previous attempts, things looked to have clicked for the Wonders' spirit animal in his third time around the bend. Sporting an especially unique crop compared to the rest of the field, Horry has struck a solid balance between potting some of the league's wackiest identities, while still finding enough dirt under the fingernails as he has toiled the Sweet FA gardens for some of the league's most prized tubers.

In fact Horry finds himself as the literal fulcrum between his two skippers in this season's competition, a word whose origins are most likely contemporaneous of his schoolyard days as a fledgling young philosopher of some renown.

So let's align the cubit to Team Horace shall we?

Huzzah!
- zackah - 23.6 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Lore - 90.7 SpudQoach™ points

So, how? - Another Qoach to manage 3 players sub 40, his selection of the borderline inactive, former good bloke zackah has proved a winner and an insightful pick. While at the opposite end of the spectrum, naming Smartys Power at captain has done damage and delivered 150+ SpudQoach™ points after the captain double points, and Roys up and comer Lore was also a bit of a howler in the end.

Horry, I've kept you up all night waiting for this, so you can now call the nurse to switch off the BritBox reruns of Inspector Morse and hit the night light for you. A vastly improved outing from yourself in Season 35, and with any luck, you're quite well placed to finish somewhere in the top third from here.

garfield-sad-life-garfield-sad.gif

Goodnight sweet prince. I guess we can rest easy that somewhere, Falconista and I are captaining the Furies in your dreams. :rainbow:

10. kananooks - 713.5

The artist formerly known as nooks is sadly no longer with us, however his memory lives on as an also-ran in a text based online footy forum sub board, tuber based strategy game otherwise known as yours and my favourite pasttime... SpudQoach™!!!

The less said about that the better, however tip of the fedora to the fallen Old Boy for managing a competitive outing in his first and most definitely last entry in the SpudQoach™ arena.

Taking a look at Team nooks while we're here...

Huzzah!
- Art Vandelay_ - 16.4 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Senor M - 113.0 SpudQoach™ points

So, how? - Registering 3 selections sub 25 SpudQoach™ points is quite the feat, and certainly puts the squad within striking distance of the leading pack, however Senor M 's self imposed non selections early in the season have pushed Team nooks into an uncompetitive mid table finish at the halfway mark of the comp.

Vale.

white-girl.gif

Wosh and the Vag Gang performing a dance recital inspired by zackah 's pasty, skinny white legs.

9. Wosh/zackah - 661.0

The former teammates combined forces in Season 35 SpudQoach™, primarily because zackah is a lazy campaigner and I guess Wosh was looking for someone to blame if it all went south. Good news is, Team Wart Legs has actually performed rather well, and find themselves in the top half of the standings at the halfway point of the competition.

A former winner in the inaugural SpudQoach™ competition, Wosh of course has pedigree, whilst zackah has also been a former entrant, so it's hardly their first rodeo and it shows here.

Taking a look at Team Bae...

Huzzah!

Bah bow! - Mobbs - 78.6 SpudQoach™ points

So, how? - A consistent squad with no uber spuds but a good mix of low scorers sees Team Wosh/zackah with just two players scoring 65+ SpudQoach™ points, only the bad news is one of them was the skipper, who delivers almost 150 SpudQoach™ points after the double up to shift the squad out of seriously contending.

Well played both, you're still in with an outside chance however to rise up the ranks you'll be banking on others to fail, a very real prospect given the state of the competition in Season 35 and at worst you look set for a mid to upper third of the ladder finish in this season's SpudQoach™ competition.

white-girl.gif

Wosh and the Vag Gang performing a dance recital inspired by zackah 's pasty, skinny white legs.

9. Wosh/zackah - 661.0

The former teammates combined forces in Season 35 SpudQoach™, primarily because zackah is a lazy campaigner and I guess Wosh was looking for someone to blame if it all went south. Good news is, Team Wart Legs has actually performed rather well, and find themselves in the top half of the standings at the halfway point of the competition.

A former winner in the inaugural SpudQoach™ competition, Wosh of course has pedigree, whilst zackah has also been a former entrant, so it's hardly their first rodeo and it shows here.

Taking a look at Team Bae...

Huzzah!

So, how? - A consistent squad with no uber spuds but a good mix of low scorers sees Team Wosh/zackah with just two players scoring 65+ SpudQoach™ points, only the bad news is one of them was the skipper, who delivers almost 150 SpudQoach™ points after the double up to shift the squad out of seriously contending.

Well played both, you're still in with an outside chance however to rise up the ranks you'll be banking on others to fail, a very real prospect given the state of the competition in Season 35 and at worst you look set for a mid to upper third of the ladder finish in this season's SpudQoach™ competition.
Geez look zackah all your hard work has paid off. Surely we won’t choke from here.

IMG_0854.gif

stiller-on-ad.jpg

The Wonders have got around the SpudQoach™ competition this season, with newly installed skipper Frothies Mcveigh making his first appearance in the SpudQoaching™ ranks in S35.

8. Frothies Mcveigh - 653.0

Wonders co-captain Frothies entered the SpudQoach™ competition for the very first time in Season 35, and has produced a strong first up effort after carefully cultivating a fine crop of Sweet FA spuds. Putting teammates damicky and Grand Uncle Horace to the sword, he finds himself in the top half of the draw and within striking distance of the leading pack at the halfway mark.

In what is shaping to be a remarkably strong field this season, Frothies is well and truly in the mix with a smart looking selection of spuds, including several yesterday's heroes types as well as some of the league's most low scoring potatoes.

Now let's take a closer look at Team Froth...

Huzzah!

Bah bow! - Proper Gander - 106.7 SpudQoach™ points

So, how? - With a squad consisting of no less than 6 players sub 40 SpudQoach™ points, were it not for the howler of selecting Bombers skipper BLUEALLTHRU at captain delivering almost 150 SpudQoach™ points after the double up, and PG's slip into obscurity, Frothies would be seriously challenging for the title.

Froths, welcome to the SpudQoach™ fraternity and with a few things going your way in the back half you could very well challenge for a podium/top 5 finish... a fine return for your first crop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

were it not for the howler of selecting Bombers skipper @BLUEALLTHRU at captain delivering almost 150 SpudQoach™ points after the double up, and PG's slip into obscurity, Frothies would be seriously challenging for the title.
I'll buy him a beer and we'll have a laugh over it.

fuYzipt.png

After a triumphant return to the Sweet FA landscape in S34, the Season 35 edition has proved to be the biggest and best crop yet!

7. TheInjuryFactory - 642.6

Warriors impresario and SpudQoach™ daddy yours truly comes in at 7th in the standings after cultivating a reasonable crop that would possibly be a contender in seasons' past. Having saluted in Season 30, I can attest that there is possibly nothing as satisfying as securing the Sweet FA's most sought after and splendiferous badge and look forward to seeing the the competition heat up as the finest spuds produced this season hit the oil as the heat turns up.

In A reasonably well balanced squad for me this season, however the average across the squad is comparatively higher than the most elite amongst the field, and as a result it looks unlikely that I'll seriously challenge this time around. Not quite looking like eth-dog levels of concern, but nonetheless I'll be cheering from the sidelines this season.

So let's get the hands dirty and uncover Team TiF...

Huzzah!
- BRAB - 25.9 SpudQoach™ points

So, how? - Another victim of the PG drop off, even with 5 players sub 40 SpudQoach™ points some costly selections, a moderate scoring captain in DERO in addition to one or two missteps sees me set for possibly a top 5 finish at best.

While toiling in the SpudQoach™ fields is a thankless task, the pay off with seeing some of the bumper crops produced far exceeds the alternative of a potato-less season. With one of the best fields in seasons, possibly ever, Season 35 promises to be a beauty.

fuYzipt.png

After a triumphant return to the Sweet FA landscape in S34, the Season 35 edition has proved to be the biggest and best crop yet!

Warriors impresario and SpudQoach™ daddy yours truly comes in at 7th in the standings after cultivating a reasonable crop that would possibly be a contender in seasons' past. Having saluted in Season 30, I can attest that there is possibly nothing as satisfying as securing the Sweet FA's most sought after and splendiferous badge and look forward to seeing the the competition heat up as the finest spuds produced this season hit the oil as the heat turns up.

In A reasonably well balanced squad for me this season, however the average across the squad is comparatively higher than the most elite amongst the field, and as a result it looks unlikely that I'll seriously challenge this time around. Not quite looking like eth-dog levels of concern, but nonetheless I'll be cheering from the sidelines this season.

Huzzah!

So, how? - Another victim of the PG drop off, even with 5 players sub 40 SpudQoach™ points some costly selections, a moderate scoring captain in DERO in addition to one or two missteps sees me set for possibly a top 5 finish at best.

While toiling in the SpudQoach™ fields is a thankless task, the pay off with seeing some of the bumper crops produced far exceeds the alternative of a potato-less season. With one of the best fields in seasons, possibly ever, Season 35 promises to be a beauty.

Bit unlucky. DERO had a strong start to the season. He provided rare highlights for the Dees.

stiller-on-ad.jpg

The Wonders have got around the SpudQoach™ competition this season, with newly installed skipper Frothies Mcveigh making his first appearance in the SpudQoaching™ ranks in S35.

8. Frothies Mcveigh - 653.0

Wonders co-captain Frothies entered the SpudQoach™ competition for the very first time in Season 35, and has produced a strong first up effort after carefully cultivating a fine crop of Sweet FA spuds. Putting teammates damicky and Grand Uncle Horace to the sword, he finds himself in the top half of the draw and within striking distance of the leading pack at the halfway mark.

In what is shaping to be a remarkably strong field this season, Frothies is well and truly in the mix with a smart looking selection of spuds, including several yesterday's heroes types as well as some of the league's most low scoring potatoes.

Now let's take a closer look at Team Froth...

Huzzah!

So, how? - With a squad consisting of no less than 6 players sub 40 SpudQoach™ points, were it not for the howler of selecting Bombers skipper BLUEALLTHRU at captain delivering almost 150 SpudQoach™ points after the double up, and PG's slip into obscurity, Frothies would be seriously challenging for the title.

Froths, welcome to the SpudQoach™ fraternity and with a few things going your way in the back half you could very well challenge for a podium/top 5 finish... a fine return for your first crop.
That’s what I get for thinking BLUEALLTHRU could make it through 1 ****ing season without copping a ban.

fuYzipt.png

Huzzah!

Will take top 6. Still not sure how it's possible.

giphy.gif

A keen SpudQoach™ follower, Grand Uncle Horace can rest easy for the remainder of the season knowing he's acquitted himself admirably in his third crack at the competition.

11. Grand Uncle Horace - 759.6

The league's most adored octogenarian, Uncle Horry rounds out the bottom half of the draw in this season's edition of SpudQoach™. Having previously registered scores beyond 1000 SpudQoach™ points in his two previous attempts, things looked to have clicked for the Wonders' spirit animal in his third time around the bend. Sporting an especially unique crop compared to the rest of the field, Horry has struck a solid balance between potting some of the league's wackiest identities, while still finding enough dirt under the fingernails as he has toiled the Sweet FA gardens for some of the league's most prized tubers.

In fact Horry finds himself as the literal fulcrum between his two skippers in this season's competition, a word whose origins are most likely contemporaneous of his schoolyard days as a fledgling young philosopher of some renown.

So let's align the cubit to Team Horace shall we?

Huzzah!
- zackah - 23.6 SpudQoach™ points

Bah bow! - Lore - 90.7 SpudQoach™ points

So, how? - Another Qoach to manage 3 players sub 40, his selection of the borderline inactive, former good bloke zackah has proved a winner and an insightful pick. While at the opposite end of the spectrum, naming Smartys Power at captain has done damage and delivered 150+ SpudQoach™ points after the captain double points, and Roys up and comer Lore was also a bit of a howler in the end.

Horry, I've kept you up all night waiting for this, so you can now call the nurse to switch off the BritBox reruns of Inspector Morse and hit the night light for you. A vastly improved outing from yourself in Season 35, and with any luck, you're quite well placed to finish somewhere in the top third from here.

I don’t know what this is but I’m sorry I was a disappointing captain.

Not my first time.

cheese.gif

You would think damicky would be a tuber expert given his time at the Colosseum, yet here we are.

14. damicky - 792.5

Wonders skipper and S32 EKA winner damicky has joined the SpudQoach™ ranks in Season 35, turning his agricultural attention from dairy farming to crop growing which one would expect him to be a natural with given he captains some of the greatest spuds on offer. Sporting a fairly unique crop with several points of difference to those below him on the rankings, the cheese finds himself in limbo between seriously contending and being an also ran.

A fine first up effort given the strength of the S35 field, damicky has shown some promise in the qoaching arena and looks set to contend in future editions with some learnings to come from some selection mishaps this season.If eth-dog can turn it around, so can you cheesy fella.

So let's take a geez at Team Cheese...

Huzzah!
- Headless - 27.1 SpudQoach™ points

So, how? - Well yet another squad with only two players sub 40, with a particularly costly captain in philreich at 77.5 times two, and the PG kicker with 100 plus SpudQoach™ points pushes cheese well and truly out of the running.

Cheese, welcome to the SpudQoach™ family and good luck on securing a mid table finish this season with a few things going your way in the back half of the season.

I don’t remember signing up for this 🤔

P4L.png
Potatoes & Pie have always been a popular pairing, and Pie 4 Life x SpudQoach™ makes for a delicious combination.

6. Pie 4 Life - 634.1

Founder of Pie's Peculiar Punts, the Dragons stalwart Pie 4 Life has taken the plunge into the world of Sweet FA competitions of late, surprisingly joining the SpudQoach™ ranks for the very first time and has performed superbly for a rookie Qoach in an extremely tight field.

IWith a squad punctuated with several point of difference picks, P4L's crop has enjoyed an extremely consistent output across the entire squad, with an average of 40.9 SpudQoach™ points when taking out the two outliers of dud selections Proper Gander & Mobbs.

So how did Team P4L fare? Let's have a look see...

Huzzah!

So, how? - Yet another squad impacted by PG's unexpected sabbatical, Team P4L has been nudged out of contention as a result, yet with just one other player in the squad scoring 65+, he could still very well challenge for a top 5/podium finish with such a well rounded crop.

While Sitting in 6th place at the halfway mark, with a few results going his way, P4L is nicely placed to push a couple of notches higher up the ladder in the second half of the competition and looks set for a top 5 finish from here.

Callums_Guns Winner.png
Callums_Guns has spent the better part of this season carefully propagating and cross pollinating his blended family of spudly ex-teammates to challenge for another shot at the title in Season 35.

5. Callums_Guns - 612.4

Newly returned Demon and most recent Ophidians escapee Callums_Guns has returned like the prodigal son both at Mt Buller and here in the SpudQoach™ community after not featuring in the Season 34 edition. A former winner who saluted back in Season 29, Guns has forged a reputation as a proven performer in the SpudQoach™ ranks, and despite a season off has returned without breaking a stride to the top 5 of this season's competition.

Despite pushing the newly instigated teammate selection criteria to within an inch of it's life, he has compiled a strong crop of some of the Sweet FA's finest tubers, and NaturalDisaster.

Let's take a good gawk at Team Guns...

Huzzah!

So, how? - Yep, another one, Guns can add himself to the long list of Qoaches stung by the fallout from Proper Gander's fade out. However with 6 players sub 40, including captaincy selection jmoo wan and his petite 26.0 SpudQoach™ points adding just 52 after the double up, Guns is well and truly within striking distance of becoming the first Qoach to win two SpudQoach™ titles.

So 5th place, on return, with a savvy captain pick and both former and current teammates in the mix, and Guns is really nicely placed to make an assault on the podium. He looks just slightly out of contention to win it, but has done very little wrong selection wise and looks set to feature prominently in the standings from here.

View attachment 1672161
Potatoes & Pie have always been a popular pairing, and Pie 4 Life x SpudQoach™ makes for a delicious combination.

6. Pie 4 Life - 634.1

Founder of Pie's Peculiar Punts, the Dragons stalwart Pie 4 Life has taken the plunge into the world of Sweet FA competitions of late, surprisingly joining the SpudQoach™ ranks for the very first time and has performed superbly for a rookie Qoach in an extremely tight field.

IWith a squad punctuated with several point of difference picks, P4L's crop has enjoyed an extremely consistent output across the entire squad, with an average of 40.9 SpudQoach™ points when taking out the two outliers of dud selections Proper Gander & Mobbs.

So how did Team P4L fare? Let's have a look see...

Huzzah!

So, how? - Yet another squad impacted by PG's unexpected sabbatical, Team P4L has been nudged out of contention as a result, yet with just one other player in the squad scoring 65+, he could still very well challenge for a top 5/podium finish with such a well rounded crop.

While Sitting in 6th place at the halfway mark, with a few results going his way, P4L is nicely placed to push a couple of notches higher up the ladder in the second half of the competition and looks set for a top 5 finish from here.
Respectively, Proper Gander I'm going to need you to be more shit.

fire-flame.gif

After seasons upon seasons of tireless & fruitless toil in the SpudQoach™ fields, our man eth-dog has finally hit pay dirt in Season 35.

4. eth-dog - 598.9

Since making his competitive debut back in S30, eth-dog has always been the SpudQoach™ equivalent of Eric Moussambani. For those who may not remember him... 'Eric the Eel' was an 'Olympic' freestyle swimmer from Equatorial Guinea. I use the term 'Olympic' rather loosely, because while yes he swam at the Sydney 2000 Olympics, he qualified via random wildcard, won his heat because the other two swimmers pulled out, and he went on to set an Olympic record for the slowest ever recorded time at an Olympics for his event. But Eric the Eel won countless hearts and minds for his sheer endeavour and his efforts epitomised the courage of the human spirit in fighting against great adversity to finally make it to the finish line.

rORFkR.gif

eth-dog has similarly toiled as we have all watched on in admiration of his sheer determination to compete despite his performances, and so come S35 the brave eth-dog once again lept into the pool to aimlessly flail as the eyes of the SpudQoach™ world looked on in equal parts awe, disbelief and horror. And yet here we are, my friends.

eth-dog the Eel has finally faced down his doubters, overcome great adversity and compiled an outstanding SpudQoach™ squad in his fourth attempt, and finds himself in a fittingly lofty fourth position at the halfway mark of the race.

So let's take a look at his magnificent squad shall we?

Huzzah!

So, how? - Despite only three players with scores sub 40 in the squad, at the opposite end of the spectrum Team eth-dog also has just the one player scoring 60+ SpudQoach™ points, with just 21.3 SpudQoach™ point variance between his high and low scorers after taking out the two outliers. This would have to be one of the most consistent squads we have ever seen in the history of SpudQoach™.

With a score that would have seen the doggy dogg finish runner up back in S30, and a top 5 finish in both seasons 31 & 34, he's seriously in contention to put all his SpudQoach™ failures behind him and secure the most unlikely of victories in what would be the most remarkable win in SpudQoach™ history. Much like Eric the Eel, it goes without saying that the whole SpudQoach™ community is behind you my man, here's hoping you give us a miracle finish you so richly deserve!

Proud of you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition SpudQoach™ Season 35 - Congratulations sausageroll !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back