SSP Final Spot

Which player would you prefer to fill the final rookie spot?

• Quinton Narkle

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • Kaelan Bradtke

Votes: 53 36.3%
  • Other player (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Save spot for MSD

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Luke Teal

Votes: 14 9.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
An athletic 195cm goalkicker will join Quinton Narkle in training at AFL club Richmond during coming weeks. DANIEL CHERNY reports on who the Tigers are looking at to fill the final spot on their list.

Richmond will trial a mature-age forward out of the Ovens and Murray League to fill the final spot on the club’s 2023 list.
Kaelan Bradtke, an athletic 195cm goalkicker from Corowa-Rutherglen, will train with the Tigers in coming weeks in a bid to gain a permanent spot at Punt Road via the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP).

If we want to play it safe, Narkle who will add some midfield depth
Arguably not needed with the inclusion of Hopper and Taz who will definitely transform our midfield and give us enough depth with Ross, Graham, Sonsie and guys like Short and Baker who had a crack this past year

The much riskier pick is Bradtke but has a lot more upside from a list perspective given our need for key position depth
Definitely sounds alot more speculative and bigger chance of purely not working out to become an afl player but can’t not risk it for that potential upside imo

If we want to play it safe, Narkle who will add some midfield depth
Arguably not needed with the inclusion of Hopper and Taz who will definitely transform our midfield and give us enough depth with Ross, Graham, Sonsie and guys like Short and Baker who had a crack this past year

The much riskier pick is Bradtke but has a lot more upside from a list perspective given our need for key position depth
Definitely sounds alot more speculative and bigger chance of purely not working out to become an afl player but can’t not risk it for that potential upside imo
The perfect player to trial due his lack of exposed form. If he is developable than would be the front runner to get the last spot due our lack of depth of KPFs.

We added speed into the midfield with Kaleb Smith and Steely Green so would be less of a need to bring in Narkle.

We'll actually be able to test Bradke out. If he has AFL potential we'll know damn well by playing him with Lynch, JR and on Balta, Gibcus, Tarrant, Grimes and Mint cans. If he can actually play we will know it. And then pick him up, I hope.

Bradtke needs to be up to it though.
Not just because he’s tall. Big questions on his ability. He was passed by every single club so is a long shot at best.

I like Narkle but as a mid he won’t make it with us. Needs another string to his bow. Small forward that could push forward may be his go, but he hasn’t shown that ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH
I'd rather we go after a mature former afl kp as insurance.
Doesn't matter if he's a fwd or back.
Agreed the kid from port melb goes well, Narkle has never impressed me , would much rather those chances went to last years draftees , this kid sounds like a massive roll of the dice and having already backed Tylar young for good reason ,,,I’d be happy to keep spot open for mid season ,,,,,but ill leave to the experts

Bradtke needs to be up to it though.
Not just because he’s tall. Big questions on his ability. He was passed by every single club so is a long shot at best.

I like Narkle but as a mid he won’t make it with us. Needs another string to his bow. Small forward that could push forward may be his go, but he hasn’t shown that ever.
Don’t think given his lack of exposed form he was ever a chance to be picked up in a draft. SSP is perfect for this type of player to see if he has it or he doesn’t.

Then we’ve got Narkle if Bradtke is no good that is an easy choice to grab.

Don't think so otherwise it would have been plastered all over the article.

Didn't realise Mark had a son drafted and now delisted at Melbourne, Austin Bradtke
It'd be good if he was related..... Melbourne Tigers offspring are being drafted to the NBA. Simmons, Giddey et al. The Melb Tigers would be training at Albert Park before the Monday Night comp started when I used to play.
Pity they made the Melbourne Tigers extinct.
RFC tigers drafting a kid from the extinct basketball tigers.
Extinction rebellion

Remove this Banner Ad

SSP Final Spot

Back