St. Kevin's Premiers 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Easily the strongest side in the APS competition at the moment. Can they be beaten?

Mate where 2 - 0 including the bye, beaten reigning premiers and with a few people back from injury are looking very strong... just because we havent been talking us and our mates up all pre-season on this website doesnt mean we have the potential to win the flag

skevs are deffinetley looking good for the premiership this season!!!!

beaten the reigning premiers already i think you should all be more worried about skevs then xavier or scotch!!!!!

Mate you cant go past the quality of the following players:

Sam Hall: Avrg. 25 touches a game, benches 125kg, Vic Metro CHF two years running
James Kennedy: Hands of God.. enough said
Patt McCarthy: Currently being scouted by 7+ AFL clubs. Top 10 2008 draft at least.

Must i say more?

Skevs will be a good side this year, but like the other schools, havent talked themself up all season and say what you like about scholarships, it was 3 players,one for which was for cricket. Players such as Cachia Kennedy McCarthy Hickey Wood Sullivan Purcell Castricum Broadhurst Andrews and Newman are going to make an impact, although many of them may be no namers, they combine well together as a team which at the end of the day is what you want. Although one victory against Haileybury is nothing to hang your hat on, it is a good start...

Mate you cant go past the quality of the following players:

Sam Hall: Avrg. 25 touches a game, benches 125kg, Vic Metro CHF two years running
James Kennedy: Hands of God.. enough said
Patt McCarthy: Currently being scouted by 7+ AFL clubs. Top 10 2008 draft at least.

Must i say more?

Lol what? That post is pretty much totally wrong..besides what u say about Kennedy.
Sam Hall, Vic Metro CHF? Dont think so..
And im pretty sure Pat McCarthy would be overage (19) in the '08 draft anyway

you don't have to be under 18 or 18 to get drafted. But in saying this if they dont take him when hes 18 i doubt they will take him when hes 19 unless he goes and plays for a vfl club or something a rips it up there.

St Kevins are an excellent side, but young and inexperienced.

They will have tough games coming up against BGS and XC soon.

Both of these teams are much stronger than Haileybury.

I would rate XC as a 10 goal better side than HC - where does that place you?

Your top 10 players are excellent. Your bottom few are miles behind.

I can't see you matching it with sides that have 21 guns.

For all you doubters come on down to Skev's next game at 2 o'clock sat against Geelong Grammar. Some of the most talented kids to grace the APS will be tearing up the SKC number one oval including the likes of Jarad Cachia, James Tamouridis, Luke Andrews and Scott Newman. After some forgetable seasons at late St. Kevs has emerged in 07' as one of the most underrated forces in the comp. The rolling the riening premiers, Halibury, in Rnd 1 speaks for itself. Its about time the boys from across the river (Scotch) and the Wheelie Bin of Terror Xavarians pulled their heads out of their asses and realised that APS footy isnt a two-sided competition anymore.

St Kevins are an excellent side, but young and inexperienced.

They will have tough games coming up against BGS and XC soon.

Both of these teams are much stronger than Haileybury.

I would rate XC as a 10 goal better side than HC - where does that place you?

Your top 10 players are excellent. Your bottom few are miles behind.

I can't see you matching it with sides that have 21 guns.

Quite well said, and its nice to get some acknowledgement for once, but wouldnt say the side is inexperienced with over 14 players having played many games last year. Who do you think are St.Kevins top 10 players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy
Cachia
McCarthy
Newman
Hickey
Wood
Sullivan
Purcell
Castricum
Broadhurst
Andrews

Kennedy
Cachia
McCarthy
Newman
Hickey
Wood
Sullivan
Purcell
Castricum
Broadhurst
Andrews

Ok Thanks. Add Chivers Tamaroudis and McDermott to that list. But if you had to match them up against Xavier players how would it go, based on where you think these players from Skevs play?

There are three raining premiers and they have all lost a game I don't think teams can be judged this year on how they go against last years winners, its been proven. St Kevins need to put in performances against this years strong teams, who look to be maybe BGS and XAVS to be considered premiers. Rather than someone suggesting come and watch them play GGS, who can't beat them?

Id have to agree skevs have a very strong team all over the ground. Skevs, Xavier, Caufield, BGs, Hailubury are probably the stronger sides in 2007 with each side capable of winning the premiership, from what i have seen so far. One player that no one has mentioned from skevs is Karl Wissell who won a number of b n f's for Glen Iris footy club. Great knowledge, deadly skills. Reads the game extroadinarily well

Id have to agree Karl Wissel seems to have taken on a new wind, no doubt brought on by the new found love of his girlfriend Taryn Eva. This kids unstoppable.

All the skevs blokes out ther you are only puting undue pressure on yourselfs by talking up your side on this website. It would be wise to let your footy do the talking and then if you finish Auguest undefeated then you can come and talk yourself up.

From an outsider looking in at this comp it seems alot of blokes are all talk, like with the upsets that we seen in first two weeks its just as likely that the teams that havnt lost a game yet will finish in the bottom half as it is that they will win the premiership. I would let the dust settle before you start counting your chickens.

All the skevs blokes out ther you are only puting undue pressure on yourselfs by talking up your side on this website. It would be wise to let your footy do the talking and then if you finish Auguest undefeated then you can come and talk yourself up.

From an outsider looking in at this comp it seems alot of blokes are all talk, like with the upsets that we seen in first two weeks its just as likely that the teams that havnt lost a game yet will finish in the bottom half as it is that they will win the premiership. I would let the dust settle before you start counting your chickens.

How many wins will it take for you to say 'the dust has settled'?

Another award winning performance from the green, gold and blue! GG had no chance in the second half, mainly due to SKC's freakish goal kicking accuracy and Glenny Chivers deflecting any ball that came within 50m of GG goals. Big efforts on the day from Kennedy, Chivers, Andrews, Cachia and John O'Neill brought home another much deserved win for the Saints. Being 3 and 0 i think its fair to say that the critics have been silenced. Very much looking forward to the Xavs, Scotch and Brighton showdowns in the near future!

How many wins will it take for you to say 'the dust has settled'?

To be realalistic i would say we would have to wait until half way through this season untill we can pick a clear favourite, and even then i wouldnt be puting any money on. With all the leading contenders having lost a game already this season it really does open oppitunities.

In all fairness there has been that many unknowns already this season that it has left the race right open, fair to say the dust hasnt even started to settle yet. If nothing else this weekend just reinforced how unpredictable this competition is at the moment. No doubt that between now and the end of the year ther will even more upsets and controversial results so no point jumping to any conclusions three matches in to the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

St. Kevin's Premiers 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back