Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The expectation of a victory is low. Even if we had Libba and JUH you would not trust this team and without them I will go the game expecting a loss.

I did not have great hopes for the season but with a lot of winnable games early thought we may have been 4 wins 2 losses or even 5 wins one loss after six games.

Prove me wrong dogs.

Last edited:
Right now we are at best a middle-of-the-road team. St Kilda is probably the same.
Given the blow torch applied to the Club this week, a win wouldn't surprise (a la Essendon last week).
Still wouldn't mean much.

Another effort like last week after copping it in the media all this week would be unfathomable. I don’t necessarily mean winning, but at least a good intensity for four quarters. If we go limp again this week with all the motivational fuel we’ve been given it’ll confirm we’re going nowhere.

The expectation of a victory is low. Even if we had Libba and JUH you would not trust this team and without them I will go the game expecting a loss.

I did not have great hopes for the season but with a lot of winnable games early thought we may have been 4 wins losses or even 5 wins one loss after six games.

Prove wrong dogs.
Why is Jamarra out? have i missed something

I like the way the Saints play but without King they are not a side to be scared of. Even with our two big outs, it’s a game we should win and the fact as a collective fan base thinks we’re big underdogs is a sign of how far we’ve fallen

I was guessing an 8 goal loss after last week, but without King, I think we can get close, even win as I think we still have a better forward line, even without Jamarra. However, like others have said, a win doesn’t mean much at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to VDM on getting to 50 games. The conventional wisdom seems to be that 50 is the magic number for a player to get to when everything clicks and the player becomes more consistent, feels like he belongs and makes more of a contribution to team performance. If we see that from VDM I will be very pleased. He has pace and a willingness to run both ways that we sorely need. If surer ball handling and decision making comes too, we will have a very good player on our hands.

I was guessing an 8 goal loss after last week, but without King, I think we can get close, even win as I think we still have a better forward line, even without Jamarra. However, like others have said, a win doesn’t mean much at this stage.
Considering saints can’t beat anyone by more than 2 goals or so even with King ..

Great to see Vandermeer pull up 50.

Congrats to VDM on getting to 50 games. The conventional wisdom seems to be that 50 is the magic number for a player to get to when everything clicks and the player becomes more consistent, feels like he belongs and makes more of a contribution to team performance. If we see that from VDM I will be very pleased. He has pace and a willingness to run both ways that we sorely need. If surer ball handling and decision making comes too, we will have a very good player on our hands.
VDM won't get a lot of love here but I've always been in his corner.

He has some some flaws and limitations no doubt but toughness and character aren't amongst them. And he has speed and can hit a target just not with the frequency we'd like...yet.

I liked Jong and like Gardner for the same reason.

Little nervous, anyone remember what happened when libba was out last year with concussion against West coast 😂

VDM won't get a lot of love here but I've always been in his corner.

He has some some flaws and limitations no doubt but toughness and character aren't amongst them. And he has speed and can hit a target just not with the frequency we'd like...yet.

I liked Jong and like Gardner for the same reason.

He shows more ticker than some of our stars at the moment. It was a disgraceful that none of his team mates ran to his assistance on more than one occasion when he got bomber players noses out of joint.

Do you guys think Bont is carrying an injury? Faded badly in the second half last week, which was really unusual.
Possibly, last week was an all round shitshow though, so hard to get a read on his performance in particular.

I'm guessing you're worried about Supercoach?

Possibly, last week was an all round shitshow though, so hard to get a read on his performance in particular.

I'm guessing you're worried about Supercoach?
Looking at a trade deal in fantasy draft that involves bringing Bont in, but I'm on the fence about it.

He shows more ticker than some of our stars at the moment. It was a disgraceful that none of his team mates ran to his assistance on more than one occasion when he got bomber players noses out of joint.
But he probably doesn't care too much himself. He's happy to get up in someone's grill whether anyone comes with him or not. Libba the same.

The unfortunate part is that we can probably only identify those 2 as having those traits. Maybe West too.

We are generally easy to play against. We don't want it enough....consistently.....so we opt out of opportunities to illustrate to our team mates that we've got them. Whether that's running hard to block for them or present for them, or making a tackle so they don't have to, or getting in the face of someone who's accosting them. It's one and the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back