Autopsy St Kilda v GWS Rd 5 2018 - a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Unreal effort, I am so ****ing happy for Paddy great return on the back of 2-3 weeks of busting his arse up forward practically alone, I hope that effort is what we get every week, season can change quickly if we bring that effort. Props to Mav, Longy, Sincs and basically the whole team for that constant pressure.

What an intense final quarter - great effort by the Saints to come back and draw this match with a man down since Q1.

Ben Long is a RIPPER :hearts:

Yeah I think Long is my new favourite player. The guy is like a rabbit on speed.

Bit deflating in the draw sense, but a much better performance.

Hickey, Long, Carlise, Coffield, Sinclair, Brown all really excellent performances.

Weller an upgrade on Lonie.

Love White's physicality

Probably one of Paddy's best performance, clutch goal in the last.

Umpiring a bit one-sided TBH.

Awesome effort for a team with little real presence inside 50m.

Our scoring is the worst in the AFL and continues to be so.

We need marks inside 50m. We can't just rely on midfielders getting snap kicks. I think it's unfair to bash Billings for his misses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The turnaround is amazing. Application and determination got us a draw. Straighten our goal kicking and we begin our climb back into the 8.
If either team kicks straight it was a smashing.
I was up off the couch for Dunstans, Longs and Paddy’s goals. Haven’t done that in a while.
Fantastic effort lads, never thought a draw could leave me with a massive grin

Excellent spirit to come back final quarter, and might have won it with the final kick of the game: I was screaming for the free kick; shame the mark wasn't made. Some basic errors again, but the effort was one hundred per cent. GWS are a good side, so the draw is a big improvement. It provides hope going forward.

I'm going back to bed for a few hours. Loved watching those final few minutes. Well done Saints:thumbsu:

Thats been paid chopping or front on in the past.
That's the eternal problem with AFL umpiring. If it were the 1st quarter, 3rd quarter, 40 point defecit - no one would bat an eyelid about the free being paid. Context is as much an influence than the actual contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy St Kilda v GWS Rd 5 2018 - a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back