Stack's handball and Cooneys kicking for goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't really blame Stack for one bad handball, best game he's played I reckon. Cooney was disappointing, a player of his skill should do so much better in front of goal, gotta kick them when you're a leader

Higgins and Grant really struggled but both stood up in the last quarter. Morris was awesome, Boyd turned it over a bit, but hard to argue with 45 touches. A captains game. Ward was good, awesome attack as always. Murphy was great, but the on the full was huge. Sherman almost the matchwinner, very happy with his game

You've got to be joking, if anything they favoured us

Agree with most of the rant, but not Eade's fault IMO

i know we got away with a few too , but a few come to mind that got Freo Goals -there was one that Sanderlands got away with where he shoved huddo out of the ruck contest and they got a goal from that clearance ! anyway, it was more our players fault than anything

Ifair dinkum my neighbours must have been wondering what was going on at my place tonight with all the yelling at the TV!

hehe ! love it ! I can totally relate ( its our lot in life as a dogs supporter)

i went down to the local - i always say before the game that i wont get worked up, wont curse at the telly, wont get annoyed, but supporting this team always does it to me ! But i wouldnt have it any other way ! hehe !

No way could complain about the umpiring. One of the first interstate games I've seen where the umpires had the balls to ignore the crazed majority and make unbiased calls. They still made blues here and there but overall did a very good job.

You'd manage to beat us in close games though (that didnt matter), now we really suck when things get tight.

Sorry, had to edit that one

I am a bit disappointed, thought we should have clinched that game. But it was a lot better than being smashed by 5 or 10 goals (as some media idiots were suggesting).

Still a few players that are not playing their best football, but confident they will improve. We have big games next few weeks that should play these players back into shape.

Umpiring - Sh#t house all night and resulted in i reckon at least 3 freo goals !

I actually thought that the umpiring was pretty good all night. There was the absolute shocking decision when Lake ran the ball out of bounds (not paid) and ended up in a goal for us. Then the umps just threw a pacifying free kick in for the baying freo fans every now and then, to stop them from setting the wharf on fire when they went back home. None of them were awful, though, with the possible exception of Sherman's in the back. Fair tackle, I thought. To the letter of the law you could probably pay at least 2 frees in almost every passage of play of every game of footy played over the weekend.

I do agree with every other point you've made, though.

My rant and congrats

well done boyd - awesome job - well done most guys tonight actually - Sherman was good also ! Happy with the fighting spirit to come back and take the lead in the last ,although we should not have lost !!

Eade - why on earth in a tight game do you put a first gamer in wallace in the midfield at the start of the last quarter? - this move Directly resulted in 2 freo goals in 2 minutes

It is WALLIS

Stack - Had a good game - But WHY DIDNT U KICK THE BALL LONG INTO THE FORWARD LINE U MUPPET????? If yr going to hand pass, make sure it hits the target !!!!

Go back have a look at the tape. Grant should have kicked the ball as he was being tackled but instead turned his back on the goals and dished it off backwards into the corridor to Stack who was being tackled and he had to get rid of it. You can't just blame Stack.

Your comment why didn't he kick the ball long, well how could he when he received a handball under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go back have a look at the tape. Grant should have kicked the ball as he was being tackled but instead turned his back on the goals and dished it off backwards into the corridor to Stack who was being tackled and he had to get rid of it. You can't just blame Stack.

Your comment why didn't he kick the ball long, well how could he when he received a handball under pressure.
Its just one in a long list of mistakes but keep positive outlook up and we will win next week right:rolleyes:

Its just one in a long list of mistakes but keep positive outlook up and we will win next week right:rolleyes:

The guy has played 15 games and improving every week, yet many supporters pick on the odd error here and there and judge his whole game on that. If the MC doesn't develop these guys we are in serious trouble over the next few years. Hargrave, Gilbee, Morris, Lake, all hitting 30 years old. We need to develop the likes of Stack, Wood, Markovic, Williams as the new backline.

Take your blinkers off and watch the game and don't concentrate on one or two errors.

The guy has played 15 games and improving every week, yet many supporters pick on the odd error here and there and judge his whole game on that. If the MC doesn't develop these guys we are in serious trouble over the next few years. Hargrave, Gilbee, Morris, Lake, all hitting 30 years old. We need to develop the likes of Stack, Wood, Markovic, Williams as the new backline.

Take your blinkers off and watch the game and don't concentrate on one or two errors.

Stack has been on the list for five years. He has played plenty of games and is still making first year mistakes. The Stack experiment has failed.

Stack has been on the list for five years. He has played plenty of games and is still making first year mistakes. The Stack experiment has failed.

May have been on the list for awhile but has been injured almost every year.

Lets face it nothing I say will change your mind. Reading your posts on BF, not one is positive, so I think your better off following a different team.

May have been on the list for awhile but has been injured almost every year.

Lets face it nothing I say will change your mind. Reading your posts on BF, not one is positive, so I think your better off following a different team.
Haha. I have plenty of positive posts. I like to give both views on players and reserve them if like Cordy they still have potential. You may see this as not supporting the club but I see it as having a general discussion about the club and players.

Haha. I have plenty of positive posts. I like to give both views on players and reserve them if like Cordy they still have potential. You may see this as not supporting the club but I see it as having a general discussion about the club and players.

i think we are all passionate, and we hate it when the dogs lose, which is normal, and we all have a vent especially in the first hours after the game. I dont think u are doing anything wrong, yr just passionate which is cool !

i think all of us are negative and positive with our thoughts if we were honest

It suxed losing yesterday as we played very well for the most part, but thats footy i suppose

Maybe we should try being negative, boring, repetitive, scapegoating, arrogant, conceited sour pusses, see if that gets us over the line

If we are going to identify culprits who made a mistake tonight, some poor bastard would have to go through the horror of watching the tape & they would spend a week typing up all the names.

Never seen so many basic skill errors in one game, blokes dropping chest marks (simple ones too with no pressure), kicking out on the full, falling over, missing shots at goal, fair dinkum my neighbours must have been wondering what was going on at my place tonight with all the yelling at the TV!
Agreed.

And quite a few resulted directly in Freo goals.

Hill handballing back into the corridoor, Lake dropped mark/kick around the corner to Van Berlo...

On a bright note: Sherman is a little beauty.

Forgive the intrusion to your board but I was at the game and there was a lot of dew around which is unusual for Perth. It contributed to some of the skill errors. There was also a lot of flooding going on and when your guys got the ball they often had to wait for players to run forward. That takes it's toll and there were a lot of tired players on both sides at the end of the game. I thought that you were a looking for Hall a lot even though he was clearly unfit and it allowed McPharlin to run off him. It could have gone either way and you still have a good team that will win a lot of games this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stack's handball and Cooneys kicking for goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back