Multiplat Star Wars: Outlaws

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you feel about the $170 price tag for the Gold edition that contains the season pass and 3 day early access? As I left off the "people are also baulking at the price" when you consider the day 1 DLC of Jabbas quest which is locked behind that payment wall.

Part of the hate is "that's a scummy pricing scheme".
Happy to pay extra to get the season pass means I wont have to fork out $20-$30 each when the story dlc comes out. by the time you buy all the dlc that comes out you are spending the extra $60 anyway rather pay the extra up front then spending more money later

The new gameplay video has 22k likes vs 6k dislikes currently when you combine the ubi and star wars channels, which is an improvement on previous trailers for this game. Notwithstanding the locked content stuff I think people are a little more receptive after the gameplay they have seen.

Me too. Also you can't really say games like AC:Odyssey and Valhalla lack content - the base games are 150+ hours even without DLC.
If anything, Odyssey went too far the other way, they just kept adding content and wouldn't let me put the bastard down! Those Tales of Greece just kept going.

The only dodgy thing they've done in AC games was forcing you to pay extra for Ragnarok even if you had the season pass.

Now that I think about it they should have given you the option to create your own scoundrel would have made sense in a game like this.

In saying that still very hyped for this game and can't wait to play it.
Nah, create your own protag games end up being garbage story wise. There's very few games that pull it off, most just leave you with this soulless, dull forgettable character.

Hogwarts Legacy, for instance, I feel absolutely no connection to the character I played with.

Fallout 4 does it ok with Sole Survivor, but even then, they're nothing compared to, say, Geralt, Kiryu, Aloy, etc.

Nah, create your own protag games end up being garbage story wise. There's very few games that pull it off, most just leave you with this soulless, dull forgettable character.

Hogwarts Legacy, for instance, I feel absolutely no connection to the character I played with.

Fallout 4 does it ok with Sole Survivor, but even then, they're nothing compared to, say, Geralt, Kiryu, Aloy, etc.
Yep fair enough hurry up August!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks average at best, hoping to be wrong. I love star wars games.
They should just hurry up with that KOTOR remake and be done with it

This I agree with.

Ubi is just, they be in a funk IMO. Since Origins and their AC re-image, it's like, they do nice on environments, things fit, characters are OK without being nice, like there's issues, stupidity, sometimes faces don't work or words don't make sense like this Bioware renegade options, and the action pieces are "you will either love it or hate it, no middle ground".

So for me this'll be a sale and later instance, as just too much is "meh" going by those reviews, and like you, gimmie that KotOR remake already FFS.

Can't believe the trash from gamers this is getting I feel like gamers are nothing but whingers these day
Nothing surprises me there, gamers are typically dumbarses, and that dumbarsery only increases in shit echo chambers like Reddit, and Facebook/Youtube/Twitter is even worse.

Comes out Friday.

I generally don't like Star Wars. Loved Jedi Survivor but skipped cutscenes. Unless the gameplay is as good as JS (or better) I will probably be giving this one a miss.

I'm watching a rando youtuber play it at present as already decided "not worth, wait for sales". The forced stealth sections look... frustrating to say the least. Get caught, go back to checkmark and try again, get good kid being the response.

No one likes Pavlovian training in games, that is not great design and just irritates people. I'd prefer the MGS take on stealth in TPP: Air drop a tank in, start unloading, since everyone and everything is dead, stealth successful.

Reviews seem to be a lot of 7/10, the odd 8/10; did see a 2/5. 7/10 is what I expected and am fine with; hoped for a world beater though didn't expect one. I like Ubisoft games well enough, and am a Star Wars fan, so will play this over the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Star Wars: Outlaws

Remove this Banner Ad

Back