Multiplat Star Wars: Outlaws

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like around the scores you expect for a Ubisoft game, decent without being great?

From what I seen some of the gameplay, combat looks pretty rough with ally NPCs standing in the open during gun fights with cover literally 2ft in front of them which they ignore, creatures floating in the air, and big stutters.

Will wait for a sale.

I'm watching a rando youtuber play it at present as already decided "not worth, wait for sales". The forced stealth sections look... frustrating to say the least. Get caught, go back to checkmark and try again, get good kid being the response.

No one likes Pavlovian training in games, that is not great design and just irritates people. I'd prefer the MGS take on stealth in TPP: Air drop a tank in, start unloading, since everyone and everything is dead, stealth successful.
Stealth gives me the ****ing shits. Always pissed me off in Cyberpunk where the mission is like "Do this but don't alert anybody", and then they make it virtually impossible to do anything without being seen.

I will watch how it goes with interest though. Probably worth a look if it cops a good discount later on.

Reviews seem to be a lot of 7/10, the odd 8/10; did see a 2/5. 7/10 is what I expected and am fine with; hoped for a world beater though didn't expect one. I like Ubisoft games well enough, and am a Star Wars fan, so will play this over the weekend.
You will like it especially if your assain creed/far cry fan

You will like it especially if your assain creed/far cry fan

That's exactly what I expected, and I'm fine with it.

Ubisoft is just the gaming equivalent of junk food, but sometimes that's all you want.

I didn't play Avatar so I haven't seen, but I'm always curious how an engine goes for a new game when it was built and tooled for a different use case (The Division). As Massive haven't had anything to do with Ubi's more familiar franchises I'll try and avoid the comparisons but it sounds like that's inevitable. I do agree about Ubisoft published games being junk food though. Probably the most entertaining collection of 7/10 games I play.

A lot of casual gamers like the Ubisoft formula. There's nothing wrong with that.

I will also wait for a sale. In no rush to play this with Black Myth just coming out and Astrobot around the corner.

Wow Greg Miller from Kinda Funny trashed the game didn't expect that majiorty of the video was about how bad the game is

I used to listen to a couple of Kinda Funny podcasts a week but the new structure and way they do reviews threw me off. I don’t know why they reverted to review scores, they spend most of the show trying to justify the score…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, started tonight and after 50 minutes have had to delete and now awaiting reinstallation. Game breaking bug encountered when trying to enter Sliro's mansion. The game just freezes (camera still works for some reason). It's my fault really. I shouldn't have gotten excited when there was no patch to install immediately after installing the game proper.

I used to listen to a couple of Kinda Funny podcasts a week but the new structure and way they do reviews threw me off. I don’t know why they reverted to review scores, they spend most of the show trying to justify the score…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Same

Easy Allies I like a lot they are pretty good

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Star Wars: Outlaws

Remove this Banner Ad

Back