Podcast Starting a new SC Podcast - Get onboard :-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfx_1

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2010
New Farm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi guys

I haven't been very active on the forums here for a while but figured i'd let everyone know and get the word out that myself and a mate of mine (lions supporter) are starting a new Supercoach podcast launching this time next week. We've just launched our twitter and fb if you were interested in seeing what we are about. We hope to not take things too seriously but as accurate as possible with our info and a rounded focus on both draft and standard supercoach. Our name is Supercoach Insider (@SC_Insider_) and the first episode will be team overviews from Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton and the mighty pies.

That said is there anything people would want covered that we could offer to differentiate ourselves from others out there?

Thanks for any support guys :)

That said is there anything people would want covered that we could offer to differentiate ourselves from others out there?

In depth analysis of female tennis players

I wasn’t going to reveal my true identity but You talked me into it. I am Enrique Iglesias. I most definitely have an ‘in depth’ knowledge of female tennis players..

In unrelated news... I’ll also do anything for a like..
Ahhh how is Anna Bendherover?

Hi guys

I haven't been very active on the forums here for a while but figured i'd let everyone know and get the word out that myself and a mate of mine (lions supporter) are starting a new Supercoach podcast launching this time next week. We've just launched our twitter and fb if you were interested in seeing what we are about. We hope to not take things too seriously but as accurate as possible with our info and a rounded focus on both draft and standard supercoach. Our name is Supercoach Insider (@SC_Insider_) and the first episode will be team overviews from Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton and the mighty pies.

The value of bench cover

The quandary that is R3

Where the best captain loophole position is? Is it now m11 rather than r3

this will be easier to do after JLT when rookies make themselves available, but (in your opinion) the best structure to start with.

like 3/5/2/4 or 4/5/1/4 (premiums)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this will be easier to do after JLT when rookies make themselves available, but (in your opinion) the best structure to start with.

like 3/5/2/4 or 4/5/1/4 (premiums)
IMO definitely 3/5/2/4 atm but definitely depends on rookie form and availability leading into JLT. There are some smokey mid-pricers forward and back that are juicy options and this year more than ever if you nail your mid priced options you will be well ahead. Like always, you cant have them all but there is alot of value in midfield and the ruck this year that will allow you to spend more cash forward or back if rookies don't present themselves.

A review of strategies
GnR
Mid pricers

Cash League versus Overall strategies in trading
Mid Pricers will be gone through in our team by team podcast. At this stage we will cover 4 teams per week until we cover everyone. That will nicely finalise right before the preseason starts and there will be an overall aflx review also. Strategies will be covered closer to the season start and likely amongst the JLT period once we get some preliminary rookie information. We will be doing a review of our draft league and draft strategy as well as trading strategies for during the season. Ben has lost friendships for a 5ppg increase in overall scoring. lol - But once we get to this section we can review individual draft league strategy as well. Every league is different depending on number of teams and number of on field players. Our league has 10 teams and 18 on field players with 4 subs. This actually works quite nice as most people have a strong 13-14 players and then are looking for the edge around the back of their list plus trading becomes more important.

Hi guys

Good luck.

Hard to phrase this as a simple question...

When selecting a starting lineup in the mids, the balance between selecting "value"premos and last years highest averaging players is always a tricky decision.

I've seen a lot of coaches planning to start Danger, Dusty and Titch, however that's a huge initial spend on 3 players and history says that the turnover of players who average in the top few spots by position is quite significant year to year. Add to that there's a lot of value premos coming off bad years that are higher risk but offer big returns (Fyfe, Pendles, Jelwood, JPK, Hanners, Rocky etc). So the question is "How do you select your ultra-premos in midfield? What's the balance between the safe guys who are priced at max output v the riskier guys priced at a discount?"

All the best mate!

Thought: You should bring on the weekly top scorer from the BF group on for a chat about their team/thoughts :)

Good luck.

Hard to phrase this as a simple question...

When selecting a starting lineup in the mids, the balance between selecting "value"premos and last years highest averaging players is always a tricky decision.

I've seen a lot of coaches planning to start Danger, Dusty and Titch, however that's a huge initial spend on 3 players and history says that the turnover of players who average in the top few spots by position is quite significant year to year. Add to that there's a lot of value premos coming off bad years that are higher risk but offer big returns (Fyfe, Pendles, Jelwood, JPK, Hanners, Rocky etc). So the question is "How do you select your ultra-premos in midfield? What's the balance between the safe guys who are priced at max output v the riskier guys priced at a discount?"
Awesome question and its definitely something to take into consideration. Risk/Reward is what this game is about but there are some simple tricks you can do. Get a spreadsheet and write down all the mids you are taking into consideration. Next to that write down your predicted average and don’t even look at last years averages yet. Sort by your predicted average. Then add in last years average. Do some research on why you think they will hit that and back yourself or why they won’t. Now comes the tricky part. Ask yourself, how much does not having this player hurt me and will you be able to upgrade to him at some stage during the season? If the hurt is minimal and you can get them later then take byes into consideration and wham. There’s your midfield.

All the best mate!

Thought: You should bring on the weekly top scorer from the BF group on for a chat about their team/thoughts :)
Definitely something we want to try and incorporate - the hurdle is getting quality recordings of he interviewee. Most people just have the mic on their phone/iPad/laptop and it makes for poor quality recordings. Definitely something to keep in mid though!

Not sure I have the time weekly but thanks for the thought.

Could do a Q&A segment.
I see what you did there..

There will be a weekly q and a once we get our following up. We will post the opportunity weekly on BigFooty.com, twitter and fb

Hi again all!

We are live and kicking and have our first 3 episodes available on Soundcloud, iTunes and Stitcher. We are awaiting approval from Spotify and TuneIn. We are doing daily team by team podcasts until AFLX (ex Sundays), with more content to follow right through until the start of the season including AFLX review, JLT review, draft and standard strategy, Q n A, draft recap (our draft is held 17 Feb) and team reveal. If you do like the content, feel free to like, follow, share, you know all the usual social stuff. Our twitter is @sc_insider_ and facebook is facebook.com/scinsider. Thanks to all who have already thrown their support in!

https://soundcloud.com/supercoach-insider

http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=167012&refid=stpr
http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=167012&refid=stpr
https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/supercoach-insider/id1341455171

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back