Workshop State League Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

10400128_1031831586880360_7587086350237203990_n.jpg

Sturt's new guernsey. Doesn't seem to have side panels this year.

Can't really tell, though.

Last edited:

Some of these have really gone downhill, even if you put aside the sponsorship issue...

About half the league is kitted out in shitty jumpers. Claremont need to bring back their own monogram, Peel need to bring their original jumper back (or better yet. Piss off completely), East Freo need to sort their shit out, you don't solve a potential clash by having your club run out in a clash jumper. Chuck some more blue on there dammit!

I also wish the WAFL would sorta regulate sponsor positioning and size. Subi is about the only club that has a visible design. All the others are absolute billboards. (Although I'm not sure how well off money wise the WAFL is to be making moves like that).

As I said on my own Rebranding Thread, Claremont looks like the child of a Carlton and Richmond jumper marriage. Claremont change the logo on their jumpers when Carlton changes theirs. I am amazed that they haven't changed it to the old style logo yet. Claremont has has their own logo before and should use it again.
8Av6Zxk.jpg

My design includes the old Claremont logo on the normal and clash jumpers.

East Fremantle have moved away from their past designs with their current jumper. No stripes, and less blue. All it has now is a white jumper with blue side panels and a monogram.
tEZOWS0.jpg

My design brings back the stripes and the blue to the jumpers, and includes a reversed clash jumper as well.

I will also add my Swan District jumpers here as well.
RBkS9lz.jpg

Less of a Collingwood rip off and more Swan Districts.

Last edited:
For heritage round will teams have special jumpers? It would be awesome if someone could make them on here

For heritage round will teams have special jumpers? It would be awesome if someone could make them on here
I made a bunch on my Heritage Round portfolio.
WAFL time. The games go over Round 1 and 2. Perth and Subiaco face off in Round 2 because of the odd number of teams. I may need some Western Australians to help me out with the fixtures and stuff, but that's a minor detail.
So here's the fixture:
Round 1:
Friday, 18 March, Claremont vs West Perth, Claremont Showgrounds, 7:00 PM
Saturday, 19 March, Swan Districts vs East Fremantle, Steel Blue Oval, 2:15 PM
Saturday, 19 March, East Perth vs Subiaco, Medibank Stadium, 4:15 PM
Saturday, 19 March, Peel vs South Fremantle, Domain Stadium, 7:10 PM
Round 2:
Friday, 25 March, Perth vs Subiaco, Lathlain Park, 7:00 PM
And here are the match-ups.
Claremont vs West Perth:
View attachment 201885
View attachment 201883

Swan Districts vs East Fremantle
View attachment 201823
View attachment 201822
East Perth vs Subiaco
View attachment 201824
View attachment 201825
Peel vs South Fremantle
View attachment 201826
View attachment 201827
Perth vs Subiaco
View attachment 201828
View attachment 201825

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will also add my Swan District jumpers here as well.
RBkS9lz.jpg

Less of a Collingwood rip off and more Swan Districts.
Errrrrrr does that mean Glenelg are a Richmond rip off?

You do know clubs have independent histories irrelevant of other ones. North Fremantle are the Magpies and one of the oldest clubs in the country, yet I'm pretty sure they didn't rip off Collingwood and by no means did they rip off Swans (who are a relatively youngish club – only like 70 years old, I think).

Yeah I just came here to post that! I hadn't seen most of those before – and especially hadn't seen a game ball with both red and yellow panels, that's straight outta the soft-touch bin at Rebel Sport – but man, they're cool.

I know fellow footy jumper board aficionado Smeagle owns one of those Subi ones somehow, but I god damn swear I've seen that Souths one before. My main junior club wore an inverse of the normal Bulldogs jumpers, so we might've had one or two floating around as training strips. But also... if this has Fast Eddie's as a back sponsor, I reckon I inherited it but no longer have it. Wherever I saw it, I reckon I used to wonder how a blurred gorilla was supposed to resemble a dog...

I don't know but I know for a fact that the WAFL could have the coolest suite of league wide home and clash jumpers. Just about every club has a jumper from their past that's of relative colour difference, of success, or it just being unique... and/or all of those things.

Ie, East Fremantle should wear all blue with the penguin strip – with a blue back. While the away strip should be hooped socks, white shorts, and their Geelong-like striped jumper (but with the big middle strip featuring the monogram). The back would be primarily white, and it'd avoid clashes with the Royals and and Claremont.

West Perth keep their current one, but for games v Bullies they should go one of their royal designs. This Western Bulldogs-like one makes the most sense, as the other royal strip has a big red yoke (ie Melbourne inverse). It'd be like Essendon's clash jumper having a Carlton-like monogram...

I like Subi in full stripes, like a burgandy version of the Hawks current away, but they've been so successful in their current strip you have to recognise that. I'd like to see full stripes but the SFC interlock being placed in the middle. Maybe just a big circle with it inside could actually look okay. They then have so many options for cool away strips...
Subiaco-10.gif

Inverses of
Subiaco-6.gif

Subiaco-7.gif

But I ****in love this one. So simple but it just works – bold, obviously Subi, just cool. Like a Bears away strip or somethin'
Subiaco-12.gif

Speaking of unique, when are Souths doing this again?
South-Fremantle-9.gif

ccfc3.jpg

By the way, early 20th century West Aussie clubs were like identical. Almost every club had their initials in an oval, usually intruding on a yoke. Love it – up there with centre diamonds, red posts, 25 metre arcs... Burleys... Few examples of each

South-Fremantle-8.gif

Perth-5.gif

Also a fair bit of just straight up acronym work before that

(Claremont-Cottesloe back then)
Claremont-1.gif

East-Perth-5.gif

West-Perth-6.gif

Absolutely love this. So art-deco. Sharks are the kings of art-deco chic
East-Fremantle-8.gif

I do not recall much of this in Victoria. The VFL seemed to favour stripes, hoops, and sashes quite early on. Monograms were truly that quite early on. What was the SANFL like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop State League Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back