449981666_1004505121680703_2060322780706428445_n.jpg

Subiaco
IMG_3094.jpg

South Fremantle, East Perth & West Perth - same designs as last year
May be an image of 1 person, basketball jersey and text
May be an image of 7 people and text

May be an image of 9 people and text

Last edited:
East Perth's colours are really good, great strip.

Souths' Indigenous top looks great but red and white is the easiest thing to play with.

I don't know where Hawthorn got that design from, I don't remember Box Hill ever having the middle panel be an hourglass shape or having it continue to the back of the strip like that.

It's cool, and they should bring it back full time, but I'm curious as to if it's based on a past design or one of those "fauxback" things clubs are so fond of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn forcing Box Hill into the stripes is just cruel. it's already the same colour and vaguely the same design. let them be!

Was having a think recently, Brisbane’s VFL jumper set is really strange to me. I understand why they only use two kits, it’s not overly practical for them to have three in the rotation. What’s weird to me though is the fact that the Fitzroy inspired jumper is the one that they cut. Now that they’re in the VFL (which isn’t strictly Victorian obviously, but you get the idea) I just think it’d make perfect sense to have the jumper that embodies their Victorian history as their main jumper in that comp. Considering the maroon VFL shorts are made specifically for the VFL, you could very easily have blue shorts and you’d still get to wear the Bears inspired jumper against teams the Fitzroy one clashes with. Considering the reserves side is a secondary interest for all the AFL clubs, I cant imagine anyone on the Bears side would be upset about this, just as I haven’t seen any Fitzroy fans riled up about it not being worn in the VFL. I just think it’d be a nice touch but I’m curious what actual Lions fans think.

IMG_1853.jpeg

This is Tuggeranong Valley from AFL Canberra league jumper history in one photo. First they were the Swans, then Bulldogs, the Cowboys when Kevin “Cowboy” Neale coached them, then the Crows, then the Hawks. Now they are the Lions. The top left is the current jumper.

View attachment 2048917

This is Tuggeranong Valley from AFL Canberra league jumper history in one photo. First they were the Swans, then Bulldogs, the Cowboys when Kevin “Cowboy” Neale coached them, then the Crows, then the Hawks. Now they are the Lions. The top left is the current jumper.
why did they change so many times?

why did they change so many times?
I’m inclined to believe the Hawks and Crows names would be to do with arrangements with the AFL clubs. There’s a couple I can think of that have done this like the East Coast Eagles and Burnie Dockers, I’m sure there’s a few more examples in NSW in particular. This is pure guesswork of course, someone more familiar might be able to correct me on it. Top left being the current home jumper makes me think they’ve ended the previous affiliation and have shifted to something that takes elements from all of the previous nicknames/jumpers to represent the entirety of the club’s history.

I’m inclined to believe the Hawks and Crows names would be to do with arrangements with the AFL clubs. There’s a couple I can think of that have done this like the East Coast Eagles and Burnie Dockers, I’m sure there’s a few more examples in NSW in particular. This is pure guesswork of course, someone more familiar might be able to correct me on it. Top left being the current home jumper makes me think they’ve ended the previous affiliation and have shifted to something that takes elements from all of the previous nicknames/jumpers to represent the entirety of the club’s history.
Lauderdale in Tassie were originally the Cats, now are the Bombers who play North Launceston who are also the Bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back