State of origin 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

very good point about wallace, he really hasnt done much this year...i think one of our halves will be gone and Mullen come in

I prefer Wallace to Campese tbh and Id much rather see Campese dropped.

If game 2 turns into a close match (which I think it will), we are gonna need experience and there's no point in replacing campese and wallace with another rookie like mullen (even if he's in good form). I reckon a Wallace/Anasta or a Wallace/Barrett combo is better Or we can keep campese and bring barrett in at no.7. Either way we need someone thats played a few origins under their belt in either the no. 6 and 7 jerseys.

I prefer Wallace to Campese tbh and Id much rather see Campese dropped.

If game 2 turns into a close match (which I think it will), we are gonna need experience and there's no point in replacing campese and wallace with another rookie like mullen (even if he's in good form). I reckon a Wallace/Anasta or a Wallace/Barrett combo is better Or we can keep campese and bring barrett in at no.7. Either way we need someone thats played a few origins under their belt in either the no. 6 and 7 jerseys.

Id even suggest Brett Kimmorley too, but we cant goto Anasta again, he had a chance last year to show he is upto it and he struggled..

Campese kicking game was poor, he had a bad habit of going missing badly when his side isnt doing the best

That's a bit silly, it's like saying Australian Rules can be called 'League' as that word appears in AFL.

You're missing the point, Its like saying that the AFL can be called the AF. no-one calls football, - "football league"

Whereas the NRL should really be called The NRLL the National "Rugby League" League. Or even the NRLU(nion) or NRLA(ssociation) etc if the sport was not meant to be called just "Rugby"

Thought so about ch.9:D

At least we got the game live here in Melb. and for that we are so grateful. Doubt it we get it live again for game 2 though.

i heard Melbourne will get all 3 SOO and the GF live. the only NSW player i was concerned about the other night was Hayne. for Melbourne the footy show delay is a joke, although it was good for us while were here, we went out for dinner and drinks and get home just in time for the footy show, its shit for the VICs that have to work the next day, you need to rally out the front of CH9 or get a massive petition going etc

i heard Melbourne will get all 3 SOO and the GF live. the only NSW player i was concerned about the other night was Hayne. for Melbourne the footy show delay is a joke, although it was good for us while were here, we went out for dinner and drinks and get home just in time for the footy show, its shit for the VICs that have to work the next day, you need to rally out the front of CH9 or get a massive petition going etc
haven't the SoO and GF been live for a few years now?

You might not realise this but the AFL has it's own Footy show shown in Melbourne

Thats the beauty of different camera angles isnt it. However the problem with the front shot is you can't tell if Hayne heel is actually touching the line or is in the air. Whereas the shot from the back clearly shows that the heel was in the air. A combination of these two pictures prooved it should have been a try - at worst a benefit of the doubt try.

They don't look like the same shots. The one showing the foot on the line has the foot angled infield far more than the other one and if the heel is in the air in the other one it doesn't seem to be hovering over the line as it is clearly over the line in one.

Have they used the wrong stride here? There were a couple of close ones and the one offending one.

You might not realise this but the AFL has it's own Footy show shown in Melbourne

Yes, and in Sydney it gets shown at the same time as the NRL one (on Nine HD) which is probably why NRL fans may expect the same thing when they're in Melbourne (and want to watch it). It won't result in the end of the world or the destruction of Victorian sporting culture as we know it.

Just on Fox Sports News and it makes the win by Queensland seem more impressive. I didnt get the name, but a Queensland player was playing while he had Swine Flu. (It was a Bulldogs, Prop)

So if NSW cant beat a swine flu hit Queensland squad, what chance do they have when the team gets to full health :p

Remove this Banner Ad

State of origin 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back