Traded Stefan Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Stefan played his first game for the Demons on Saturday although not statistically sensational he played his roll.

He had 9 touches and 2 FA. He came in for Rohan Bail as a late change with I think we all knew was going to happen, he played the role of a second ruckman and did some nice work.

He has held his spot for this week against the Roos this will a test against their tall’s.

Discuss

Definately went backwards this year. The move to make him a forward\ruckman hasn't worked and it's about time he was moved back to the backline. A hip injury for the majority of the year hasn't helped him either. 1\10

Stefan Martin is getting better and better with each game as our number one ruckman. He has been very good over the last 3 weeks and his second and third efforts in pack situations against the dons last night was excellent.

His ability to rove his own hitouts is fantastic considering he is 198 cm. We have a real talent here and he will only get better.

A career high last night against the dons:
25 disposals 14 kicks, 11 handballs, 3 marks and 23 hitouts.

Fast becoming one of my favourite Demons, anyone who puts that much effort in over the pre-season to change their attitude and body shape gets my kudos.

Even more now he has but some fantastic performances together, I had huge doubts on his future last and now he is clearly the most improved player in the competition.

Biggest improver of the year. Really happy about that, cas I always said he could be a player. Looking good at this stage happy 4 him!
:)

Stef Martin

HANDBALL THE EFFEN THING!

I like his new found confidence but he is argubly the worst kick in the AFL.

He should remember that he is not a midfielder and that he is a ruckman and do what ruckman do and that's handball it.

Re: Stef Martin

Martin is better than 3/4 of the team at running with the ball and taking on opponents. He needs to work on his kicking but I'd much rather he keep using his speed and agility to get into space and try to create, than be a standard 200cm plodder who is stagnant and handpasses everytime he gets it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

actually Stef rove your own tap then kick it long !:)

actually Stef rove your own tap then kick it long !:)

Then he can chase that kick down and go again. Fun for the whole family. :thumbsu:

HANDBALL THE EFFEN THING!

I like his new found confidence but he is argubly the worst kick in the AFL.

He should remember that he is not a midfielder and that he is a ruckman and do what ruckman do and that's handball it.

huh? hes not even close to the worst kick in our team...

see mckenzie, warnock, jamar, bartram

i think martins field kicking is pretty good and at times he is like an extra midfielder

Has had two ordinary games in a row, but who hasn't?

Granted the ruckman should be kicking as little as possible unless they're super talented but he's a better kick than Jamar nine years in. If only he was a gigantic horse headed beast of a man like the Russian we'd be laughing.

I'm not sure it needed a thread but I do agree with the OP.

Martin has got a little ahead of himself and needs to handball a bit more often than he currently is.

But ruckman shouldn't always handball and I hate the small sideways handball from a centre square free kick, which often leads to trouble.

I agree with master, a slight concern but not thread worthy.

Anyway, my only real concern over Martin are those one handed basketballer moves he seems to have brought into his game as the scrutiny has subsided, he needs to play with two hands

I agree with master, a slight concern but not thread worthy.

Anyway, my only real concern over Martin are those one handed basketballer moves he seems to have brought into his game as the scrutiny has subsided, he needs to play with two hands
All in good time my friend.

Stef has only just discovered that he can flaunt it. Now he needs to hone his craft and keep a level head - a good coach is all it takes.

huh? hes not even close to the worst kick in our team...

see mckenzie, warnock, jamar, bartram

i think martins field kicking is pretty good and at times he is like an extra midfielder
Firstly being the worst kick in our team would also be the worst kick in the AFL.

The only regular's that have worse DE's are Scully and Petterd. Can't be bothered looking for KE's.

The players you mentioned know they can't kick and try to handball. I think Martin has dreams that he can kick and I rarely see him hit a target, not the only one mind you.

I'm not sure it needed a thread but I do agree with the OP.

Martin has got a little ahead of himself and needs to handball a bit more often than he currently is.

But ruckman shouldn't always handball and I hate the small sideways handball from a centre square free kick, which often leads to trouble.
Very true, I'm not saying handball blindly like the usual suspects think I'm saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back