Steinfort

Remove this Banner Ad

Sister Patience

Draftee
Dec 18, 2000
Darwin, NT, Australia
Obviously the club rates him as they have decided to persist, but can anyone tell me much about him? I have seen him play in the two's and didn't see anything that left a lasting impression, but I know he has had a number of injuries which may have been inhibiting them. Has anyone seen him train this summer? What were his injury worries and how is he progressing and what is the likelihood of him playing at senior level in 2001?

Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!! This message was actually posted by CJH who forgot to change the username field. This defaulted to FF, s she was the last to use this PC. Doh!
---------------------------------------------
Alas Sister, with the ressies playing either earlier or at foreign venues I didn't get to see the magoos play as often I would like to. I know Steinfort was injured for most of the season and played probably the last 6 - 8 games of the season. From what I can gather he was stiff not to be selected in the senior side. At the time I was disappointed that this was the case as Benny was getting a few niggling injuries and it seemed a good time to give the kid a taste for it.

At the Geelong game at Colonial Stadium (when we kicked there arse) I was sitting in the next bay along from all the injured Richmond players - who took up a fair bit of their bay!
biggrin.gif
- and happened at one stage to briefly stand alongside Paddy. He is one huge lad - easily 200cm (6'6") and well over 100 kilos.

With that amount of size, and the ability he must possess (else he would have been axed long ago) he would make a fairly formidable target up forward. In this regard he could rotate in the ruck with Ottens.

Hmmm, thinking about this leads to a dillemma. With the return of Richo, I think we have one big man too many. I don't think a side that had Richo, Benny, Otto, Ben Holland and Steinfort would be too balanced. Keeping Steinfort out of the seniors will only serve to stunt his development. This is detrimental to both Richmond and Paddy himself. I believe he must be given a run this year.

Perhaps the best system would be for there to be a roster between Benny, Dutchy and Paddy, each playing a share of games in the two's? This may go someway to preserving Benny as a full season seems to take it's toll on him injury wise.

------------------
Welcome to the jungle

[This message has been edited by fighting fury (edited 19 December 2000).]

ok ok i have admitted in the past i am a steinfort fan i have watched him closely since he arrived at he club and its only been his bad luck with injuries that has cost him a senior birth before now.
i agree with u FF-CJH lol we have riches in the big man department and to have all in the one side at one time would severly out balance the side.
of the bigmen i see
otto,richo and benny as automatic choices
holland is the loose cannon in this lot so to speak.
until this season coming up holland has also been an automatic in the seniors due to paddy being out injured this is one reason why i belive holland has underachieved a tad so far.
next season he knows that he has to earnhis right to be in the side and surely this must be a good thing for both club and player.
but as we all know theirs always the chance of injuries so im sure if paddy can continue his form from the last 6 games last year he will be given a go.
cheers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back