Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd only want to play for the Hawks if my own team was crap and I was also an average player passed their best.

So the Wingard trade made sense.

Cogs won't go to Hawthorn.

Mitchell chose Hawthorn and he’s a much better player than Coniglio despite Hawthorn going out in straight sets in 2016 and what many thought at the time was going to be the start of the downfall. :$

Mitchell chose Hawthorn and he’s a much better player than Coniglio despite Hawthorn going out in straight sets in 2016 and what many thought at the time was going to be the start of the downfall. :$

Looks like a downfall.

Mitchell is much better than Coniglio?

Mitchell is much better than Coniglio?
I personally wouldn't say much better but he is a 2x AA, 2x B&F, Brownlow Medalist, League MVP. Got a lot more runs on the board at this stage of his career.

Yet we smash Melbourne and collingwoods midfield in consecutive weeks .
Mid range = no vic media hype
No it has nothing to do with some BS Vic Bias holy shit, on paper going in to last year it was a middle of the pack mid field. It performed well above that and that is the point. As a midfield unit you guys killed it,

Good to know, close thread everyone. Fnerd knows what Coniglio is doing so no need for it anymore.

He doesnt know what Cogs is doing but he is spot on with the Hawks list.

Roughead, Burgoyne, Birtchell, Frawley, McEnvoy, Pupolo, Smith and Stratton are all 30 and over with their best football behind them.

Some quality premiership stars in that group and all will likely be retiring over the next 1 - 3 years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it has nothing to do with some BS Vic Bias holy ****, on paper going in to last year it was a middle of the pack mid field. It performed well above that and that is the point. As a midfield unit you guys killed it,
Yep vic bias for sure . Shuey is the most underrated midfielder in the comp until he won the norm . Gaff and yeo were both already AA and shuey is better than both and also cops a tag most weeks .
Shuey would have been AA if he played for a vic team as his impact with ball in hand is elite .
Player get judged on numbers but not impact

Has told his manager to not answer calls from Hawthorn, doesn't want to play for a non contending bottom side
Kinda weird troll from someone lower than us on the ladder but okay.

Has told his manager to not answer calls from Hawthorn, doesn't want to play for a non contending bottom side

That didn’t stop Mitchell, O’Meara, Henderson, Wingard, Impey and Scrimshaw the last 2 years all nominating Hawthorn as their preferred club. Get ready for Patton, Brad Hill and one other unknown player to be the next wave to follow suit. :$:thumbsu:

That didn’t stop Mitchell, O’Meara, Henderson, Wingard, Impey and Scrimshaw the last 2 years all nominating Hawthorn as their preferred club. Get ready for Patton, Brad Hill and one other unknown player to be the next wave to follow suit. :$:thumbsu:

Mitchell and O'Meara joined in 2016. That's 3 years ago. Henderson was a DFA. Those others probably thought the club was going somewhere in the short term.

Why would 26 year olds in their prime want to join a team that is bottom 6 and needing to replace a group of experienced players?

The only one that looks likely is Patton because he's injured and GWS seem to be going fine without him.

Mitchell and O'Meara joined in 2016. That's 3 years ago. Henderson was a DFA. Those others probably thought the club was going somewhere in the short term.

Why would 26 year olds in their prime want to join a team that is bottom 6 and needing to replace a group of experienced players?

The only one that looks likely is Patton because he's injured and GWS seem to be going fine without him.
A fit Tom Mitchell, plus o meara and cog midfield could make them top 4, but I think cog might still stay with GWS.

Roughead, Burgoyne, Bitchell, Frawley, McEnvoy, Pupolo, Smith and Stratton are all 30 and over with their best football behind them.

Some quality premiership stars in that group and all will likely be retiring over the next 1 - 3 years.
Hahaha. Nice. Birchall???

I'm surprised more can't see this. Cognilio will improve Hawthorn but not make them a flag contender. Finals contender yes. I'm not sure there's a team further from a flag then Hawthorn. Yep, they are better then plenty and likely hang around 6th-12th for many years but never threaten for a flag. They had a great run from 2007 to 2015 but that group is done. The Wingard trade was a shocker. Losing Burton and a 1st rounder when you have no depth already was desperation.

Can't see Cognilio leaving GWS, at least in the short term. They've got a huge chance at a flag in the 2-3 years. WCE better short term option and carlton better long term option for a flag then Hawthorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back