Stephen Dank takes it to another level

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say that this is "the shot across stern" to the Suns, the "the shot across the bow" was the earlier announcement that he provided a banned substance to Bock.
Now we wait and see how they react.
Given the way that the club supposedly (according to Dank) cut him quickly and cleanly, is there Cronulla-style shenanigans that the club is aware of?
That the AFL is also aware of.

I hope that the long-suffering Essendon regulars here are noting how quickly I am warming to Suns-foaming! :p
Just happy that campaigner wasn't at the tiggies. We have enough of our own problems there!

Just happy that campaigner wasn't at the tiggies. We have enough of our own problems there!
And I keep checking in at The Ponderosa to make sure we have no mention of him having been onsite during our decade-long glory-run - not that we could have offered him much more than a bus ticket across the border in lieu of payment! :p

With Danky out for life, maybe you could get his mentor to work on the Tiggies.

Dr Sigmund Ziff:

Lol!

He's perfect. A degree in gynaecology and psychiatry is just what we need for the soft c's that are playing for my club at the moment!:D

Fairfax had a few anti-dank stories
Baum http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bock-bombers-and-baloney-what-to-believe-20160413-go5ooo.html

Basically can't belive Dank

Caro

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...en-dank-craves-relevance-20160413-go5skv.html

But Dank continues to fight for relevance despite his destroyed reputation. His allegations regarding Bock certainly beg the question regarding ASADA's decision not to actively pursue the former Gold Coast Sun, but should not change anything where the Essendon 34 are concerned.

That remains the only admitted systematic, dangerous and experimental drug program proven to have taken place in the AFL. That it also was found to have involved banned substances came after a weight of evidence gathered over hundreds of hours of interviews and investigations incomparable with the Bock situation.

Both Dank's revelations and Robinson's evidence where Bock was concerned did involve inconsistencies, including the alleged participation of the Gold Coast Suns' doctor. Even if some of his most recent News Ltd claims stack up, still he refuses to speak to ASADA, instead simply continuing to attempt to mock the authority.

But it is Dank who should remain the biggest laughing stock. He got thymosin beta-4 wrong, AOD 9604 wrong and now, he claims, CJC. In the case of thymosin he appeared to change his story after realising his error, and in the case of AOD he was fortunate that ASADA at some level also failed to notify the drug was not allowed.

Now Dank says he believed CJC was legal when he procured it.

In the case of this horrible drugs story, three strikes should apply.

Dank is so determined to destroy the reputations of those he believes brought him down and whom he says he cannot trust, he seems prepared to even turn the gun on himself.

To Gold Coast's credit that club removed him mercifully quickly. Another big difference between that club and Essendon.

Baum http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bock-bombers-and-baloney-what-to-believe-20160413-go5ooo.html

Caro

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...en-dank-craves-relevance-20160413-go5skv.html

But Dank continues to fight for relevance despite his destroyed reputation. His allegations regarding Bock certainly beg the question regarding ASADA's decision not to actively pursue the former Gold Coast Sun, but should not change anything where the Essendon 34 are concerned.

That remains the only admitted systematic, dangerous and experimental drug program proven to have taken place in the AFL. That it also was found to have involved banned substances came after a weight of evidence gathered over hundreds of hours of interviews and investigations incomparable with the Bock situation.

Both Dank's revelations and Robinson's evidence where Bock was concerned did involve inconsistencies, including the alleged participation of the Gold Coast Suns' doctor. Even if some of his most recent News Ltd claims stack up, still he refuses to speak to ASADA, instead simply continuing to attempt to mock the authority.

But it is Dank who should remain the biggest laughing stock. He got thymosin beta-4 wrong, AOD 9604 wrong and now, he claims, CJC. In the case of thymosin he appeared to change his story after realising his error, and in the case of AOD he was fortunate that ASADA at some level also failed to notify the drug was not allowed.

Dank is so determined to destroy the reputations of those he believes brought him down and whom he says he cannot trust, he seems prepared to even turn the gun on himself.

To Gold Coast's credit that club removed him mercifully quickly. Another big difference between that club and Essendon.

Not to sound like a stuck record player, but again I remind those with my original post on the HTB when I said that Dank told my friend that he gave the Essendon team GHRP 2 & 6 but was adamant that they were permitted substances. This happened back in January 2012 and I talked to my friend in March 2012.
I was told it is all BS by many but I am now believing he did believe it was permitted and was giving them these substances till he stopped shortly after I told my friend it was banned (which he then passed on to Dank).

Caro

Right on que by these two.

Whilst I wouldn't believe a word of Dank, the hypocrisy of Caro is staggering. Obviously been very careful to not bite the hand that feeds her, she sees fit to give credit to Gold Coast and basically says nothing to see here despite her self anointed position as bastion to the anti doping movement.

Not to sound like a stuck record player, but again I remind those with my original post on the HTB when I said that Dank told my friend that he gave the Essendon team GHRP 2 & 6 but was adamant that they were permitted substances. This happened back in January 2012 and I talked to my friend in March 2012.
I was told it is all BS by many but I am now believing he did believe it was permitted and was giving them these substances till he stopped shortly after I told my friend it was banned (which he then passed on to Dank).

On this, and I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve you on this (I have no evidence to actually believe you either, but it does seem a rather elaborate lie and one you've never wavered on) when he told your friend he was using GHRP and it was all hunkry dory, did he go into any detail as to why it was OK?

As in, nah mate, it isn't banned lol or did he go into any territory about how it was OK because he had a loophole with compunding chemists and the like>

The thing that gets me is that some Essendon and media types are jumping up and down about all this Bock stuff.

All it says to me is that Essendon sought out and hired a guy who was - by his own admission - happy to source and provide banned performance enhancing drugs and how he and his offsider/coey actually detailed how best to use the drug (get syringes but claim they're for your girlfriend) to avoid detection.

Not sure how this improves Essendon's look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I wouldn't believe a word of Dank, the hypocrisy of Caro is staggering. Obviously been very careful to not bite the hand that feeds her, she sees fit to give credit to Gold Coast and basically says nothing to see here despite her self anointed position as bastion to the anti doping movement.

She does make the point that there was no team wide doping program at Gold Coast.

This is why we can say that Bock doped (he clearly did) but Gold Coast the club didn't.

And why we can say that Essendon the club doped. Because it did.

I'm still not sure why Essendon types are so up in arms about this Bock stuff. It doesn't actually change anything about the Essendon case, unless you go down the kind of Abbott and Andrewsque levels of delusion about Essendon were picked on for they are so mighty and the AFL knew it could afford to whack the Bombers around because every other club was doing it - look at Bock! - but no other club has the fortitude of the RED AND BLACK so Essendon actually took the fall for everyone.

Far from hypocrisy Caro has been consistently fisting EFC these past years. And loving it.

On this, and I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve you on this (I have no evidence to actually believe you either, but it does seem a rather elaborate lie and one you've never wavered on) when he told your friend he was using GHRP and it was all hunkry dory, did he go into any detail as to why it was OK?

As in, nah mate, it isn't banned lol or did he go into any territory about how it was OK because he had a loophole with compunding chemists and the like>

The thing that gets me is that some Essendon and media types are jumping up and down about all this Bock stuff.

All it says to me is that Essendon sought out and hired a guy who was - by his own admission - happy to source and provide banned performance enhancing drugs and how he and his offsider/coey actually detailed how best to use the drug (get syringes but claim they're for your girlfriend) to avoid detection.

The only people who don't believe that Essendon sourced Dank in the belief he could "beat" the code, are probably the same ones who think Shane Charter ending up in the supply chain was just a small coincidence.

As I have said, this friend ended up being a key witness for ASADA and gave evidence by video to the CAS, so it is not a lie. This person is not a doctor, which is the reason he asked me about it at the time. I asked him why he believed Dank at the time and he said that the guy was a "scientist" and why would he doubt an expert in his own field. Don't forget back in early 2012 very few people had really heard about GHRP. We are now all experts on peptides but even in the medical field, these drugs were not being used, so most had no knowledge of them.
I just find it consistent now with Dank's behaviour of not really understanding the WADA code. He mentions in texts that both CJC and GHRP are not banned because they are not specifically listed but ignores the catch all (2011 WADA code) in S2 which mentions any drug with similar biological effect. Even his understanding of S0 seems incorrect as he tells Robinson not to be concerned that it (CJC) hasn't been approved for therapeutic use because “No but never submitted for therapeutic use.”
The guy was both stupid and too clever for himself I think is the bottom line.

She does make the point that there was no team wide doping program at Gold Coast.

This is why we can say that Bock doped (he clearly did) but Gold Coast the club didn't.

And why we can say that Essendon the club doped. Because it did.

I'm still not sure why Essendon types are so up in arms about this Bock stuff. It doesn't actually change anything about the Essendon case, unless you go down the kind of Abbott and Andrewsque levels of delusion about Essendon were picked on for they are so mighty and the AFL knew it could afford to whack the Bombers around because every other club was doing it - look at Bock! - but no other club has the fortitude of the RED AND BLACK so Essendon actually took the fall for everyone.

They like to jump up and down about anything that takes attention off the club run doping program. It's a version of the Chewbacca defence - look the AFL is teh corrupt, "Sarah"!, ASADA is teh corrupt, political conspiracy, Dank worked everywhere, investigate Melbourne!, investigate everyone!, everyone lies on their forms! and so on.

I'm not saying Bock wasn't on something he shouldn't have been on, because he may well might have been...

But S Dank is the type of person you filter into the trash at every time he opens his mouth.

How does Bock being guilty make Essendon less guilty? Beats the shyte out of me.
It doesn't. But it seems while the usual media suspects were all about the "poor brave players of Essendon", it's now like "**** Nathan Bock, throw him to the wolves!"

Dank swears the Essendon players never took anything illegal, but refuses to talk to ASADA or provide any sort of evidence.

He also refuses to talk to ASADA about Nathan Bock.

Then Bock gets cleared due to a lack of evidence.

So Dank comes out and says 'but I sold Bock illegal drugs'.

So ASADA re-open the case on 'new evidence'.

At which point Dank refuses to talk to them.

Has Dank passed Ricky Nixon in the chase for the 'Dumbest man in football' title, or is he a comic genius the likes of which we have never seen before?

http://www.sportingnews.com/afl-news/4701769-danks-explosive-drug-claims-against-former-sun
He's just trolling everyone.

Top shelf effort too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephen Dank takes it to another level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back